+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Attaching Proofs - Sponsor/Applicant Proof of… Everything?

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
Re: Attaching Proofs - Sponsor/Applicant Proof of... Everything?

I don't know that the marker idea is all bad. Between a tightly connected couple there would be lots of things that might come up in a communication that you would consider less than appropriate to share with a friend let alone a stranger. If you had a 2000 word written communication *not* culled for the purposes of immigration, or a 20 min phone call to discuss your day would their not possibly be something in there that would not be specifically relevant to your relationship from a IO pov. I were to include and ****'s grandmother passed away (eg), or ****** had this happen and share that persons thoughts and feelings with my partner, my sharing is proof of the bond with my partner but the details are not mine to share with immigration.

That said, there are plenty of other examples to share, but if one wants to say that our lives are so tightly bound that we share everything then including communications that involve intense feeling and and/or discuss non-s*xual matters should be good.

Did this make sense? If not I can edit and try again.

I use my partner's facebook account if I want to use facebook :-(

ColorMePanda

Sep 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

hbwpg said:
My partner is worried because in some of them he speaks of the IO who rejected his request to extend his stay in a not-so-nice way.
Why was his extension rejected? If you don't mind me asking.

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09

ColorMePanda said:
Well that may be the case however first of all we will see how things go with immigrating to Canada first and if all doesn't go as well as planned then we can try for him living in the states.

And yes I know CF life expectancy is 37 but you have to keep them as healthy as possible to even get close to that. I didn't mean to make it sound like American health care was "superior" I just meant that for some conditions they can be better treated in the states. At the time that my boyfriend came down to the states we were not as aware of what could be provided for him. We weren't even aware he was getting ill. He didn't even feel sick he said.

Anyway, I was trying to put some sense of humor in there at the end about the rambling. I do not like arguments or disagreements so I would like to formally apologize for whatever impression you may have of me. I am aware that I need to get better at how I present myself but if it is one thing I get from here (not just immigration help) it will be how to present myself better. :)
Wrong thread - this is a response to

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/are-they-really-getting-rid-of-spousal-sponsorship-t30433.0.html

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009

hbwpg said:
Did anyone here have conversations online ABOUT the immigration process and did you include those? My partner is worried because in some of them he speaks of the IO who rejected his request to extend his stay in a not-so-nice way. If you talked about it online did you include those as well?
Don't include them. My husband took all our emails to the interview. Some were normal emails between spouses. Some were just about 'filling out the immigration forms'. These the visa officer specifically referred to in the rejection letter. She said:1. our emails weren't romantic, just about immigrating; and 2. if we really loved each other and had a relationship, we would have known all these things already and would not have had to ask these questions.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

canadianwoman said:
Don't include them. My husband took all our emails to the interview. Some were normal emails between spouses. Some were just about 'filling out the immigration forms'. These the visa officer specifically referred to in the rejection letter. She said:1. our emails weren't romantic, just about immigrating; and 2. if we really loved each other and had a relationship, we would have known all these things already and would not have had to ask these questions.
If you really loved each other, you would already know about the immigration process???!! :-X What kind of stupid logic is that?? Did you appeal or re-apply?

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09

canadianwoman said:
OMG! Thank you, this information is invaluable. I'd have thought that it proves the couple is working together on everything.

That said, I'm not very comfortable sharing romantic emails with a stranger. I know, be a big girl and suck it up...

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

tgchi13 said:
OMG! Thank you, this information is invaluable. I'd have thought that it proves the couple is working together on everything.

That said, I'm not very comfortable sharing romantic emails with a stranger. I know, be a big girl and suck it up...
I know. I was initially very uncomfortable (and very indignant!) with having to share our personal and very romantic emails with a stranger, but in the end I sent every damn one, except for a couple that were too personal or where we were discussing immigration issues that I thought might be misconstrued. We wrote nearly every day for a year so I think in total it was about 400 emails. I crossed out anything really personal with a black marker that I didn't want them to read. In the end, I figured giving up some of our privacy to someone I would never meet was a small price to pay to avoid an interview or a rejection.

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09

ariell said:
I know. I was initially very uncomfortable (and very indignant!) with having to share our personal and very romantic emails with a stranger, but in the end I sent every damn one, except for a couple that were too personal or where we were discussing immigration issues that I thought might be misconstrued. We wrote nearly every day for a year so I think in total it was about 400 emails. I crossed out anything really personal with a black marker that I didn't want them to read. In the end, I figured giving up some of our privacy to someone I would never meet was a small price to pay to avoid an interview or a rejection.
I'm okay with the black marker approach :) I can't send every email - there are 14,000 plus from the last 9 months alone (and most of that time were were living together - shameless, I know...

I think your rational will work on me. Thanks!

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

tgchi13 said:
I'm okay with the black marker approach :) I can't send every email - there are 14,000 plus from the last 9 months alone (and most of that time were were living together - shameless, I know...

I think your rational will work on me. Thanks!
14 thousand emails in 9 months??!!! :eek: Unless you were writing 50 emails a day, I don't understand how that's possible. Or how you got anything else done.

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09

Well, I'll see if I can PM a screen shot to you - no wonder I'm tired. I also work a 60-80 hour week!

Nah...PM won't allow that. 12754 on one account that we use exclusively to email each other and the rest across several.

Honest.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009

tgchi13 said:

Yeah, it DOES prove the couple is working together - working together on concocting evidence to prove a marriage of convenience is actually genuine.
My husband was rejected, and we are appealing, but I sure wish we had not shown the visa officer the emails where we discussed the immigration forms.

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09

canadianwoman said:
Yeah, it DOES prove the couple is working together - working together on concocting evidence to prove a marriage of convenience is actually genuine.
My husband was rejected, and we are appealing, but I sure wish we had not shown the visa officer the emails where we discussed the immigration forms.
I'm so sorry. I assume that plenty of other evidence should have overweighed that. Was that the sole reason for rejection?

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

tgchi13 said:
Well, I'll see if I can PM a screen shot to you - no wonder I'm tired. I also work a 60-80 hour week!

Nah...PM won't allow that. 12754 on one account that we use exclusively to email each other and the rest across several.

Honest.
WOW!!

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09

ariell said:
Yeah. It's lots kinda insane. I don't really want to send them a screen shot (I know, put on the big girl pants :), but I don't mind you knowing how crazy we are!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009

tgchi13 said:
I'm so sorry. I assume that plenty of other evidence should have overweighed that. Was that the sole reason for rejection?
No - they think we don't know enough about each other, given our claimed length of relationship. I thought we had enough proof, but in some respects they are absurdly picky. For example, I went to his country three times to visit him, but the visa officer said I was maybe just traveling around by myself. It's true, it's hard to prove: the hotel receipts are all in his name, not both our names; we have a few receipts from restaurants, but they don't have anyone's name; we went on a trip to a neighboring country, but just because we have matching entry and exit stamps in our passports doesn't necessarily mean we were traveling together.