+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Atlantic Immigration Pilot Programme (AIPP)

Kay2018

Jan 11, 2018
Newfoundland and Labrador
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-03-2021
Hey again,
I'm in a bit of a confusion regarding my application.
I studied a 1.5 year course in Memorial University and I have a job offer until October 2020 but with a potential of being extended for another year. I want to apply for AIPP but I'm confused on what category I should apply as
1. Atlantic International Graduate Program (AIGP) is for those who studied for 2 years but mine is less than 2 years
2. Atlantic High-Skilled Program (AHSP) - This requires employment for how long?
3. I'm on implied status awaiting my PGWP, is it okay to start the process?
Can someone please guide me?

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
Hey again,
I'm in a bit of a confusion regarding my application.
I studied a 1.5 year course in Memorial University and I have a job offer until October 2020 but with a potential of being extended for another year. I want to apply for AIPP but I'm confused on what category I should apply as
1. Atlantic International Graduate Program (AIGP) is for those who studied for 2 years but mine is less than 2 years
2. Atlantic High-Skilled Program (AHSP) - This requires employment for how long?
3. I'm on implied status awaiting my PGWP, is it okay to start the process?
Can someone please guide me?
Hi,

Please check the following link for clear difference between all the AIPP streams and click on Read more.. to get the details about requirements for education and job requirements.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/atlantic-immigration-pilot/hire-immigrant/requirements.html

To get started, first of all your employer must be designated or willing to apply for designation under AIPP. Secondly, the employer should submit your endorsement application for which you will require IELTS General scores. Processing times may vary from 3 to 16 weeks.

For AIGP, You are eligible if the standard completion time of you degree is 2 years (and you university can give you a degree completion letter stating this) and you have completed it within 24 months from the day you apply for PR (excluding the endorsement process) but you will require a job that will last for at least 1 year from the date you PR application was submitted.

For AHSP, You will require 1560 hours of work experience within last 3 years. For job offer - "The employer is offering you a job that will last for at least 1 year (one year from the time you become a permanent resident). "

For AISP, You will require 1560 hours of work experience within last 3 years. For job offer - "Your employment is permanent, that is, there is no set end date."

You can start the process with IELTS because its valid for 2 years. I would say first wait to see for how long your PGWP is approved for because the process has changed since Feb 2019 and at the same time look for a job with at least 2-3 years time committment or a permanent job(some employers may offer a permanent job) with a designated employer before you start any process. Your job offer duration may also depend on the duration of your work permit (depends on the employer).

Each step beginning endorsement to PR application will take time. At the moment the response to applications in general are delayed. The other route could be wait for 1 year to gain Canadian experience and apply under Express Entry - Canadian Experience Class. You can also contact your provincial immigration office for more details.

Last edited:

Kay2018

Jan 11, 2018
Newfoundland and Labrador
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-03-2021
Hi,

Please check the following link for clear difference between all the AIPP streams and click on Read more.. to get the details about requirements for education and job requirements.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/atlantic-immigration-pilot/hire-immigrant/requirements.html

To get started, first of all your employer must be designated or willing to apply for designation under AIPP. Secondly, the employer should submit your endorsement application for which you will require IELTS General scores. Processing times may vary from 3 to 16 weeks.

For AIGP, You are eligible if the standard completion time of you degree is 2 years (and you university can give you a degree completion letter stating this) and you have completed it within 24 months from the day you apply for PR (excluding the endorsement process) but you will require a job that will last for at least 1 year from the date you PR application was submitted.

For AHSP, You will require 1560 hours of work experience within last 3 years. For job offer - "The employer is offering you a job that will last for at least 1 year (one year from the time you become a permanent resident). "

For AISP, You will require 1560 hours of work experience within last 3 years. For job offer - "Your employment is permanent, that is, there is no set end date."

You can start the process with IELTS because its valid for 2 years. I would say first wait to see for how long your PGWP is approved for because the process has changed since Feb 2019 and at the same time look for a job with at least 2-3 years time committment or a permanent job(some employers may offer a permanent job) with a designated employer before you start any process. Your job offer duration may also depend on the duration of your work permit (depends on the employer).

Each step beginning endorsement to PR application will take time. At the moment the response to applications in general are delayed. The other route could be wait for 1 year to gain Canadian experience and apply under Express Entry - Canadian Experience Class. You can also contact your provincial immigration office for more details.
Thank you very much for all the valuable information. My PGWP is still in process and I'm working on implied status. The job was a CO-OP which extended into a 2 year full time position. My employer has applied for the endorsement application.
The issue here is the course I studied. It's a Masters in Sciences course which I completed in 5 semesters. It's a 1.5 year course and not a 2 year course does this mean I am not eligible under the international student category?

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
Thank you very much for all the valuable information. My PGWP is still in process and I'm working on implied status. The job was a CO-OP which extended into a 2 year full time position. My employer has applied for the endorsement application.
The issue here is the course I studied. It's a Masters in Sciences course which I completed in 5 semesters. It's a 1.5 year course and not a 2 year course does this mean I am not eligible under the international student category?
Based on my experience, you can apply with 1.5 yrs but there is no harm in checking with your provincial immigration office.

denish111

Dec 31, 2019
No, somehow there is a huge delay giving endorsements from NS immigration.
when they gave ,january new quata start or otherwise after march they gave ,what happen can some one get information from ns ? and told about very difficult to spent this time all most 6 month spent

ADANAC89

Feb 14, 2020
Correct yes.
We skipped WP process as someone told me that he went through on PR only within 3 months. Now Im waiting probably the full 6 months :(
At what percentage did you receive pre-arrival services?
Hi GoDz85
We have a similar timeline
AOR- 22 October 2019
Bio request letter 28 Nov 2019
BIO done- 6 Dec 2019
Medical 9 Jan 2019
Invite to pre arrival services- 13 Dec 2019
Estimated completion time-22 April 2020
(Outland applicant)
Also never applied for a work permit.
the wait feels endless!

denish111

Dec 31, 2019
Sorry I don’t understand what you wanted to say.
what happen?
when they gave endrosment ?
january new quata start not give to start endrosment ,
some says they start from march when subbmit annual report of 2019 immigration report ,
any news or any information from ns '
if have told
very difficult to spent this time ,
all most 6 month spent from sptember

GoDz85

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Hi GoDz85
We have a similar timeline
AOR- 22 October 2019
Bio request letter 28 Nov 2019
BIO done- 6 Dec 2019
Medical 9 Jan 2019
Invite to pre arrival services- 13 Dec 2019
Estimated completion time-22 April 2020
(Outland applicant)
Also never applied for a work permit.
the wait feels endless!
Oh wow atleast you received your pre arrival services. I am still waiting for that.
I know when you receive pre-arrival it means eligibility passed.
Please keep me update with the progress of your application.
Which country are you from?