+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asked to redo the medical examination

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
As far as I know, it is best to wait for IRCC to tell you what they want.
Hi there, can you develop as to why you think it's best to wait for IRCC's instructions?

My medicals have expired in September and I'm on a short deadline to seek CoPR extension. I think it'd be best for me to retake the medicals preemptively.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi there, can you develop as to why you think it's best to wait for IRCC's instructions?

My medicals have expired in September and I'm on a short deadline to seek CoPR extension. I think it'd be best for me to retake the medicals preemptively.
My take is why would they allow things to expire? If they wanted you to redo them they would've told you. And if they don't tell you to, and then something expires, how could they turn around and say you were meant to know to redo your medicals in advance?

That just doesn't seem fair to me. Especially based on the way they've been notifying people and granting extensions up to this point. But it's entirely up to you. :)

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
My take is why would they allow things to expire? If they wanted you to redo them they would've told you. And if they don't tell you to, and then something expires, how could they turn around and say you were meant to know to redo your medicals in advance?

That just doesn't seem fair to me. Especially based on the way they've been notifying people and granting extensions up to this point. But it's entirely up to you. :)
I wish you were right. But I've seen folks who've been asked to retake the medical visit after their submission of the ready to travel webform. I have a tendency to think better safe than sorry but it's also true that this medical visit is quite expensive overall.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I wish you were right. But I've seen folks who've been asked to retake the medical visit after their submission of the ready to travel webform. I have a tendency to think better safe than sorry but it's also true that this medical visit is quite expensive overall.
But when they were asked to do that afterwards, were they not still alright? As in, did IRCC just say, "redo them, and then you'll be clear"? Cause if so, then that's fine still. You'd basically just be saving yourself some time, I guess.

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
But when they were asked to do that afterwards, were they not still alright? As in, did IRCC just say, "redo them, and then you'll be clear"? Cause if so, then that's fine still. You'd basically just be saving yourself some time, I guess.
Yea it's like you said. But time is of the essence :/

abhishek_p81

Oct 26, 2018
Hey guys if anyone can help. I got ghost update 2 days back, then called IRCC yesterday to know the progress, the agent told me that my medical got expired. She also added that officer may give you an extension, So now I am confused what to do wait and hope for COPR or get one more medical done in advance. My earlier medical status was passed. I am PNP inland and my complete timeline is in my signature. Appreciate your response.

abbby

Feb 25, 2020
Hey guys if anyone can help. I got ghost update 2 days back, then called IRCC yesterday to know the progress, the agent told me that my medical got expired. She also added that officer may give you an extension, So now I am confused what to do wait and hope for COPR or get one more medical done in advance. My earlier medical status was passed. I am PNP inland and my complete timeline is in my signature. Appreciate your response.
Well from what I have heard and read, an ideal thing for you would be to wait and be notified by CIC to submit medicals, otherwise it won't be processed and then you can go ahead and set an appointment. But check what others recommend based on their past experience.

chiranjeevs

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Hello,
I applied for my student visa on 3 March 2020 for September intake. On 13 August got my AIP and then started my classes online in September.
On 3 November they ask me to redo my medical as it expired in September and also asked to submit new LOA. I did my medical on 11 November and submit both the documents on 18 November. Can anyone till how much time they will take to give visa?
My DLI is on list.

Shivam Chandel

Aug 7, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Hello folks,

I have few confusion regarding re-medical request.
My medicals got expired in July,2020 and I got medical extension till 30th Dec,2020.
Few days back, I got message in my cic account for remedical test for me and my spouse. IMM1017E attached in that message.

Can anyone guide on my below queries -
1) I have got IMM1017E form in my cic messages. Do I need to get it filled from panel physician and submit this to ircc OR eMedical tracking sheet is enough.
2) My status has changed to "Your action is required" but I don't see any placeholder in documents section to upload new medicals. Do I need to send it through webform ?

Thanks.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hello folks,

I have few confusion regarding re-medical request.
My medicals got expired in July,2020 and I got medical extension till 30th Dec,2020.
Few days back, I got message in my cic account for remedical test for me and my spouse. IMM1017E attached in that message.

Can anyone guide on my below queries -
1) I have got IMM1017E form in my cic messages. Do I need to get it filled from panel physician and submit this to ircc OR eMedical tracking sheet is enough.
2) My status has changed to "Your action is required" but I don't see any placeholder in documents section to upload new medicals. Do I need to send it through webform ?

Thanks.
1. I'm pretty sure you complete that form, and take it with you to your medical appointment.
2. You shouldn't need to submit anything online, to my knowledge, as the eMedical info goes directly to IRCC via the eMedical online system. You should then just see your status change.

Hope this helps. Let's see what others say.

163satish

Oct 22, 2020
1. I'm pretty sure you complete that form, and take it with you to your medical appointment.
2. You shouldn't need to submit anything online, to my knowledge, as the eMedical info goes directly to IRCC via the eMedical online system. You should then just see your status change.

Hope this helps. Let's see what others say.
You are right. I did my re-medicals on 21st October. I took the IMM form with me to the panel physician. After 7 days, he uploaded to IRCC. I did not upload or send via web form.

Shak1234

Aug 22, 2020
You are right. I did my re-medicals on 21st October. I took the IMM form with me to the panel physician. After 7 days, he uploaded to IRCC. I did not upload or send via web form.
When your first medical expires and after how long they asked for remedical?