+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

As per CIC officials, from Sept/Oct they will invite 2000+ ITA

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
I was going to watch that video...but 2 reason I will not waste my 30 mins on that video..

1. It was posted in May, and all this 3000+ ITA, with 482+ score happened after May.
2. @thestunner316 just mention that "The guy in the video is saying current ITA score is around 420", so whomever that guy in that video said that...is f**ker and don't know anything about EE.

So again, don't share info if its not official..!

Spreading rumor is a crime in some countries ;)

LokiJr01

Apr 13, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
I always say "take things with a grain of salt". The guy works for IRCC so he has authority over these things. That said, however, he might have stretched things too far which made the speech not very accurate.

Whatever the outcome in the next few months, what is important is that you work on your visa applications regardless of the situation with IRCC. Be proactive and don't wait for invites to ease up before applying.

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
LokiJr01 said:
I always say "take things with a grain of salt". The guy works for IRCC so he has authority over these things. That said, however, he might have stretched things too far which made the speech not very accurate.

Whatever the outcome in the next few months, what is important is that you work on your visa applications regardless of the situation with IRCC. Be proactive and don't wait for invites to ease up before applying.
truth !!

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
PAY ATTENTION. HE SAID most candidates in EE system have between 420 and 450 CRS

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
astralsource said:
PAY ATTENTION. HE SAID most candidates in EE system have between 420 and 450 CRS and it may go down.
It's only 1000 candidates for the first draw in Sep. Still no where near 2000+ ;D

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Well it's getting there right mate;)

thourb

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From a purely logical standpoint, if what the official in this video is saying is correct (i.e. after the end of 2016 the only way to immigrate using an economic pathway is through EE) then there is no way that the required CRS score cannot come down, although based on my calculations I cannot see it decreasing hugely. If there is something wrong with my calculations below, I hope that a senior member of this forum can show me the error of my ways!

Let's take 2015 as a starting point, as we have good data for the whole year provided by CIC. The Canadian Government's immigration target for 2015 was between 260,000 - 285,000. Considering only the classes that it is possible to apply for through Express Entry (FSW, FST and CEC) the target totals were 68,000 - 74,000. I have not included Provincial Nominees in this figure as, although there was a minumum target of 46,000 provincial nominees, only 3960 ITAs were issued to provincial nominees through EE during the whole of 2015 (approx 152 per draw) which I'd argue has a negligible effect on the average required CRS score. Many PNP nominees seem to go through a different process, not through EE (I have little knowledge on this, perhaps someone else can help and tell me if PNP is changing and more provincial nominees will be starting to go through EE in the future). Also remember that there are numerous programs (Federal Economic Caregivers, Federal Economic Business, Quebec Skilled Worker etc) which take away from the economic migrant category that are not applied for through EE and cannot therefore affect required CRS score or numbers of ITAs given.

There were 31063 invitations sent out through EE in 2015. Working on the (worst case scenario) lower figure, you can see that EE invitations were 36,937 short. I can only assume that these came from the old system prior to EE coming in. If everyone had been selected from the Express Entry pool in 2015 instead of through the old system, there would have needed to be an average of 2615 ITAs issued per draw, whereas in actual fact there were only an average of 1194 ITAs per draw. Let's look then at the first draw of 2016:

On January 6, 2016 there were 1,463 ITAs issued with a required CRS of 461 points. Had there been no pre-Express Entry candidates taking up the economic quota, there would have been (on average) 2615 ITAs issued instead. That would have put the required CRS total down to somewhere between 440-449 (figures aren't available which break this down further to give an exact score).

The 2016 figures show for a lower proportion of economic migrants than 2015, despite an overall higher target. This would appear to be as a result of a large increase in refugees being taken into Canada. The targets for FSW, CEC and FST migrants for 2016 is between 54,000 - 59,000, giving an average target ITA of 2076 - 2269, based on 100% of FSW, CEC and FST migrants going through EE. As CIC is, however, still working through the backlog and in 2015 only 54% of the economic migrant quota was taken up with EE profiles, it is entirely unsurprising to me that the average number of ITAs has been as low as they have - currently 19 draws, total ITA of 19,292, with an average number of ITAs per draw of 1015 (based on 2015 percentage of applicants EE vs old stream (54%) I'd expect somewhere between 1121 - 1225 ITAs at this stage, so we're not far off what I'd expect).

In a hypothetical scenario where the backlog was cleared tomorrow, I'd expect there, based on 2015 figures, to be around 9,868 and 12,568 invitations available before the end of 2016, which would be issued through Express Entry. There are 8 draws left this year so I'd expect ITAs to average somewhere between 1233 and 1571 between now and Christmas. Obviously the longer it takes them to clear the backlog, the lower the average number of ITAs will be, the corollary of which of course is that the required CRS score will be higher. If they've proceessed fewer non EE applications than I expect they have then CRS will possibly go higher, perhaps even towards 2000 per draw.

The best prediction that we can reasonably make for 2017 at this moment is that the number of economic migrants will generally stay consistent with 2016, as we have no further information telling us that they intend on increasing this. Please let me know if I've missed any important news on Canada planning to increase migration on what was already a record 2016! If we then assume between 54,000 - 59,000 EE ITAs to be issued that's 2076 - 2269 ITAs per draw, requiring a CRS score of around 450 - again not far off the 2000-2500 which was suggested by the CIC employee in this video. The unknown factors, of course, are the coming changes to the CRS system, such as Canadian students being given more points (will put upwards pressure on required CRS score and PNP/job offer points coming down, putting negative pressure on CRS requirement) as well as the actual immigration targets for 2017.

In summary, even in a best case scenario where we have over 2300 ITAs per draw from October and throughout 2017, I cannot see CRS dropping significantly or at all below 440. Perhaps I am misunderstanding the numbers (and if I am, someone please correct me), but 5000 ITAs being issued per draw with CRS lower than 400 is a pipe dream at this moment. Even if all PNP nominees went through EE, yes the number of ITAs would go up, but also the required CRS will rise accordingly as those people will all get nomination points - leaving little to no net effect on CRS score requirements for non PNP candidates. The problem that people in the 400-450 range have is that there is such a large number of people in that band (more than 13,000 as of January 2016) even if you quadrupled the number of ITAs that are being suggested by the employee in this video and based on my most optimistic calculations which tend to agree with the CIC employee, you'd still not get below 400 CRS.

We're looking, I believe at a situation over the next year or so where there will be over 2000 ITAs being given per draw and CRS being around 450. This will then be affected by the forthcoming changes to CRS score which I believe will push the requirement up slightly, in the broad region of 460-480 in the long term. That's my prediction - would be interested to hear thoughts from people on this.

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
thourb said:
From a purely logical standpoint, if what the official in this video is saying is correct (i.e. after the end of 2016 the only way to immigrate using an economic pathway is through EE) then there is no way that the required CRS score cannot come down, although based on my calculations I cannot see it decreasing hugely. If there is something wrong with my calculations below, I hope that a senior member of this forum can show me the error of my ways!

Let's take 2015 as a starting point, as we have good data for the whole year provided by CIC. The Canadian Government's immigration target for 2015 was between 260,000 - 285,000. Considering only the classes that it is possible to apply for through Express Entry (FSW, FST and CEC) the target totals were 68,000 - 74,000. I have not included Provincial Nominees in this figure as, although there was a minumum target of 46,000 provincial nominees, only 3960 ITAs were issued to provincial nominees through EE during the whole of 2015 (approx 152 per draw) which I'd argue has a negligible effect on the average required CRS score. Many PNP nominees seem to go through a different process, not through EE (I have little knowledge on this, perhaps someone else can help and tell me if PNP is changing and more provincial nominees will be starting to go through EE in the future). Also remember that there are numerous programs (Federal Economic Caregivers, Federal Economic Business, Quebec Skilled Worker etc) which take away from the economic migrant category that are not applied for through EE and cannot therefore effect required CRS score or numbers of ITAs given.

There were 31063 invitations sent out through EE in 2015. Working on the (worst case scenario) lower figure, you can see that EE invitations were 36,937 short. I can only assume that these came from the old system prior to EE coming in. If everyone had been selected from the Express Entry pool in 2015 instead of through the old system, there would have needed to be an average of 2615 ITAs issued per draw, whereas in actual fact there were only an average of 1194 ITAs per draw. Let's look then at the first draw of 2016:

On January 6, 2016 there were 1,463 ITAs issued with a required CRS of 461 points. Had there been no pre-Express Entry candidates taking up the economic quota, there would have been (on average) 2615 ITAs issued instead. That would have put the required CRS total down to somewhere between 440-449 (figures aren't available which break this down further to give an exact score).

The 2016 figures show for a lower proportion of economic migrants than 2015, despite an overall higher target. This would appear to be as a result of a large increase in refugees being taken into Canada. The targets for FSW, CEC and FST migrants for 2016 is between 54,000 - 59,000, giving an average target ITA of 2076 - 2269, based on 100% of FSW, CEC and FST migrants going through EE. As CIC is, however, still working through the backlog and in 2015 only 54% of the economic migrant quota was taken up with EE profiles, it is entirely unsurprising to me that the average number of ITAs has been as low as they have - currently 19 draws, total ITA of 19,292, with an average number of ITAs per draw of 1015 (based on 2015 percentage of applicants EE vs old stream (54%) I'd expect somewhere between 1121 - 1225 ITAs at this stage, so we're not far off what I'd expect).

In a hypothetical scenario where the backlog was cleared tomorrow, I'd expect there, based on 2015 figures, to be around 9,868 and 12,568 invitations available before the end of 2016, which would be issued through Express Entry. There are 8 draws left this year so I'd expect ITAs to average somewhere between 1233 and 1571 between now and Christmas. Obviously the longer it takes them to clear the backlog, the lower the average number of ITAs will be, the corollary of which of course is that the required CRS score will be higher. If they've proceessed fewer non EE applications than I expect they have then CRS will possibly go higher, perhaps even towards 2000 per draw.

The best prediction that we can reasonably make for 2017 at this moment is that the number of economic migrants will generally stay consistent with 2016, as we have no further information telling us that they intend on increasing this. Please let me know if I've missed any important news on Canada planning to increase migration on what was already a record 2016! If we then assume between 54,000 - 59,000 EE ITAs to be issued that's 2076 - 2269 ITAs per draw, requiring a CRS score of around 450 - again not far off the 2000-2500 which was suggested by the CIC employee in this video. The unknown factors, of course, are the coming changes to the CRS system, such as Canadian students being given more points (will put upwards pressure on required CRS score and PNP/job offer points coming down, putting negative pressure on CRS requirement) as well as the actual immigration targets for 2017.

In summary, even in a best case scenario where we have over 2300 ITAs per draw from October and throughout 2017, I cannot see CRS dropping significantly or at all below 440. Perhaps I am misunderstanding the numbers (and if I am, someone please correct me), but 5000 ITAs being issued per draw with CRS lower than 400 is a pipe dream at this moment. Even if all PNP nominees went through EE, yes the number of ITAs would go up, but also the required CRS will rise accordingly as those people will all get nomination points - leaving little to no net effect on CRS score requirements for non PNP candidates. The problem that people in the 400-450 range have is that there is such a large number of people in that band (more than 13,000 as of January 2016) even if you quadrupled the number of ITAs that are being suggested by the employee in this video and based on my most optimistic calculations which tend to agree with the CIC employee, you'd still not get below 400 CRS.

We're looking, I believe at a situation over the next year or so where there will be over 2000 ITAs being given per draw and CRS being around 450. This will then be affected by the forthcoming changes to CRS score which I believe will push the requirement up slightly, in the broad region of 460-480 in the long term. That's my prediction - would be interested to hear thoughts from people on this.
What an excellent, rational post, unlike many wishful/irrational comments we see on the forum sometimes.

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
thourb said:

Let's take 2015 as a starting point, as we have good data for the whole year provided by CIC. The Canadian Government's immigration target for 2015 was between 260,000 - 285,000. Considering only the classes that it is possible to apply for through Express Entry (FSW, FST and CEC) the target totals were 68,000 - 74,000. I have not included Provincial Nominees in this figure as, although there was a minumum target of 46,000 provincial nominees, only 3960 ITAs were issued to provincial nominees through EE during the whole of 2015 (approx 152 per draw) which I'd argue has a negligible effect on the average required CRS score. Many PNP nominees seem to go through a different process, not through EE (I have little knowledge on this, perhaps someone else can help and tell me if PNP is changing and more provincial nominees will be starting to go through EE in the future). Also remember that there are numerous programs (Federal Economic Caregivers, Federal Economic Business, Quebec Skilled Worker etc) which take away from the economic migrant category that are not applied for through EE and cannot therefore effect required CRS score or numbers of ITAs given.

I think you are making a wrong assumption that 1 ITA = 1 immigrant. But this is not the case. An ITA is for the main applicant + his dependents. So the number of immigrants will be more for each ITA.

Also the quota numbers published by CIC is for the number of immigrants not the number of ITAs.

Based on 2015 numbers, I think there were 2 immigrants per ITA.

thourb

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajithj said:
I think you are making a wrong assumption that 1 ITA = 1 immigrant. But this is not the case. An ITA is for the main applicant + his dependents. So the number of immigrants will be more for each ITA.

Also the quota numbers published by CIC is for the number of immigrants not the number of ITAs.

Based on 2015 numbers, I think there were 2 immigrants per ITA.
You make an excellent point. That would make my calculations very much a "best case scenario"! Something I don't understand in that case is this:

According to the CIC webpage (article title: Notice – Supplementary Information to the 2015 Immigration Levels Plan), it says that the high target for immigration in the FSW/FST class was 51,000 and for CEC the target was 23,000 - this makes a maximum total of 74,000 for relevant economic migrants who could qualify through EE.

In the latest quarterly statistics from CIC's open data portal, the document shows that there were::

Skilled workers - principal applicants: 30,432
Skilled workers - spouse/dependents: 39,713
Canadian Experience Class principal applicants: 11,251
Canadian Experience Class - spouse/dependents: 8,808
Skilled trades - principal applicants: 971
Skilled trades - spouse/dependents: 1,001
Total FSW/CEC/FST immigrants (2015): 92,176

Did CIC bust their high-case target by nearly 20,000 economic immigrants?

With that information, on a best-case scenario being 2 immigrants per ITA, next year looks like this (with all FSW/FST/CEC going through EE):

Max number of immigrants: 59,000
ITAs per year (assuming two immigrants per ITA): 29,500
ITAs per draw (assuming 26 draws per year): 1,134

No need for me to speculate on the required CRS score if there are around 1134 ITAs per draw, we're well used to numbers not far off that figure over the past two years.

This makes me question how the CIC employee in the video can possibly be suggesting upwards of 2,000 ITAs per draw after they've finished the backlog. It did seem entirely plausible to me that might be the case, but if you're expecting to get upwards of 2,000 ITAs per draw you're looking at 104,000 immigrants a year at least at that rate, which is well above what I think CIC will set the quota at.

The only thing that would make the figures tally better would be a reasonably high rejection rate after ITA (e.g. people fail to complete application within the 60 days or get rejected for whatever reason). I think I'll need to research that further in order to improve my figures...

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thourb said:
This makes me question how the CIC employee in the video can possibly be suggesting upwards of 2,000 ITAs per draw after they've finished the backlog. It did seem entirely plausible to me that might be the case, but if you're expecting to get upwards of 2,000 ITAs per draw you're looking at 104,000 immigrants a year at least at that rate, which is well above what I think CIC will set the quota at.

The only thing that would make the figures tally better would be a reasonably high rejection rate after ITA (e.g. people fail to complete application within the 60 days or get rejected for whatever reason). I think I'll need to research that further in order to improve my figures...
I would say your prediction is pretty spot on. People love that video because the guy said IRCC will issue up to 2000 ITAs and cut off score will drop to 400 which I personally think very absurd and unrealistic.

With the upcoming changes in the EE, I strongly believe that the cut off score will stay well above 460 or 470. Worst case scenario, it will stay in the range of 475-540 like the OOPNP page claimed.

p/s: don't know why some people seems to hate the OOPNP site and freaking love the CIC guy. While the OOPNP's prediction was correct (about the 1000 ITAs per draw, starting with 42nd draw). Maybe because people don't want to hear the harsh truth?

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
thourb said:

Excellent work + 1
Digestible points..!

thourb

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alexios07 said:
I would say your prediction is pretty spot on. People love that video because the guy said IRCC will issue up to 2000 ITAs and cut off score will drop to 400 which I personally think very absurd and unrealistic.

With the upcoming changes in the EE, I strongly believe that the cut off score will stay well above 460 or 470. Worst case scenario, it will stay in the range of 475-540 like the OOPNP page claimed[/b].

p/s: don't know why some people seems to hate the OOPNP site and freaking love the CIC guy. While the OOPNP's prediction was correct (about the 1000 ITAs per draw, starting with 42nd draw). Maybe because people don't want to hear the harsh truth?

It seems that the actual figures - in a slightly roundabout way - do back up my original estimates. According to CIC, in 2015 from EE applicants they "received 21,562 applications from candidates who were invited to apply for permanent residence during the invitation rounds, which represent 37,424 applicants and their family members." They got to that number from 31,063 ITAs. The overall approval rate for economic migrants in 2015 was 92% (source: CIC open data portal) That would mean that for 31,063 ITAs they got around 34,430 actual immigrants. This isn't an exact science obviously without all of the pertinent figures for 2016, but I think you can generally project forward using the same numbers as there hasn't been a big change in law or applicants since EE started.

This number is broadly in keeping with my earlier post suggesting that going forward we'll be looking at around 2000 ITAs per draw with CRS of at least 440-450, but more likely to be 460+ when taking into account the forthcoming CRS changes.

thourb

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alexios07 said:

With the upcoming changes in the EE, I strongly believe that the cut off score will stay well above 460 or 470. Worst case scenario, it will stay in the range of 475-540 like the OOPNP page claimed.

It is perhaps worthwhile noting that the CIC guy in the video is not the only source stating that they will clear the backlog between September and October. If you take a look at the official processing times on the CIC website it states that applicants: "Between February 27, 2008 and June 25, 2010" will take 76 months to process. Funnily enough, 76 months from June 2010 is October 2016.

Without considering the changes to the system, you can expect CRS score requirement to be around 550 if they are inviting around 2000 applicants per draw. Of course there are many more unknown elements; the potential changes to CRS are just one. If OINP starts up again as is widely expected, for example, at least for a few draws into next year the requirement will likely go up considerably, likely above 600. It won't obviously be a long term thing as there are limits to the number of people that can be nominated through OINP, but for those whose current visa is expiring it could be quite a big deal!