+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

As a Visitor in Canada, am I allowed to do online surveys for cash?

Jack_Scarlett

Aug 25, 2013
Ontario Canada (as a visitor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello!

I'm an American Citizen, visiting in Canada for the last year (living with my fiance as we prepare to get married and go through the immigration process) Since I do not have a work visa, I cannot work. Living on 1 income with bills and trying to afford the up-comming immigration process will be very difficult. My mother (who lives in the US) does paid surveys online, and makes about 200 a month (it's not much but can really help up when you are getting by with pennies left) Since this is available in many countries (SpendEarnings.com) I was wondering if I could do this from Canada as a visitor to make a few extra dollars? I mean, since my mom who is American does it...why can't I? Even tho I am in another country? it is also availble to Canadians to do too. Would this be illegal for me?

Another question too, I am looking to become an online secretary for an American company (working from home (in Canada) on my computer) Since it would be an *American* company I work for, would that be legal?

I just wanna make sure everything is legal and ok before i start. thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can work online provided it's not for a Canadian company and the company has no Canadian clients.

Note that you may have trouble with some web sites if they verify you have an American IP before allowing you to make money through it.

Jack_Scarlett

Aug 25, 2013
Ontario Canada (as a visitor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok, thank you for the information! Also what about the surveys? Since I put down a Canadian address (for them to send the check to) Does that imply that im trying to earn money under the impression of being a Canadian? Its not just a Canadian based website tho, Its mainly based in the US (Canada is limited in the survives they have since it's mainly American) It seems a little tricky since this is not a *Real* job, but just a way to make a few extra bucks here and there. Thank you! :)