+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are transfer students eligible for a Post Graduate Work Permit?

mapomax

Dec 8, 2011
I haven't read anything regarding transfer students but I started my education at a US university and will be continuing my studies in Canada. There are about 3 years left in my course and I should be getting my bachelors in Canada. I might consider working in Canada and maybe going through the CEC but I just want to cover my bases and confirm that this is possible? Does it matter that I didn't start my education in Canada?

hmdidar

Feb 14, 2012
Not a problem at all. You will get it if you study last two years in Canada (of course, as a transfer student, you won't be able to transfer more than 2 years of previous courses)

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mapomax said:
I haven't read anything regarding transfer students but I started my education at a US university and will be continuing my studies in Canada. There are about 3 years left in my course and I should be getting my bachelors in Canada. I might consider working in Canada and maybe going through the CEC but I just want to cover my bases and confirm that this is possible? Does it matter that I didn't start my education in Canada?
Hi,

1. As a transfer student in Canada;

You are NOT eligible for a PGWP if after completing the course in Canada, your passing certificate/degree/transcript is issued by a school outside of Canada.

However, if you receive degree/transcript etc from from a recognized Canadian school, you may be eligible for a PGWP only for the length of time studied in Canada.