+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are Francophones Processed Faster?

Daren2023

Jan 20, 2023
Category........
FSW
Hi, I have heard rumors online that Francophone applicants are processed faster for EE. Is this true?

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Hi, I have heard rumors online that Francophone applicants are processed faster for EE. Is this true?
Haha I've seen a few posts on this forum that they're processed slower (posted by member who submitted their applications in French), so I guess the correct answer is - nobody knows ;)

Daren2023

Jan 20, 2023
Category........
FSW
No, I meant francophones who submitted their application in English. Yes I have heard that applications in French are processed slower due to shortage of French speaking agents.

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
No, I meant francophones who submitted their application in English. Yes I have heard that applications in French are processed slower due to shortage of French speaking agents.
Ah I see. Not sure. By Francophone do you mean applicants who chose French as their first language or who are proficient in French (B2+, bonus points, etc.) but chose English as their first language?
FWIW, I chose English as my first language but got bonus point for French proficiency and my application was processed in 7 weeks. I never thought it had anything to do with French though.

Daren2023

Jan 20, 2023
Category........
FSW
Do you know if other people who applied around the same time as you got approved in such a short timeframe?

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Yep, Mushymush for example (also had point for French proficiency but maybe it's just a coincidence). It seems like quite a few applicants with AORs from October and November had their applications done in 6-8 weeks. I saw a couple done in 4-5 weeks.

HowDoWeKNow

Feb 23, 2023
I am not how true this correlation is. I am fluent in French (C1), submitted my application in English, and IRCC took 6 weeks to even send the MEP/BIL notification. If they do process the remaining steps faster though, then perhaps I will believe that they are somehow working on the Francophone applications at greater speed.

Reactions: Daren2023

Daren2023

Jan 20, 2023
Category........
FSW
I booked my VFS passport pickup today. Still assuming that it is a fake email :D ;) . But if it isn't, moving by mid-Apil or end of April.
Oh don't worry, I am sure it is real.
We both got ITA on the same day, you are already making plans to move and I haven't even applied yet :eek:. Same ITA date but such different results so far.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Oh don't worry, I am sure it is real.
We both got ITA on the same day, you are already making plans to move and I haven't even applied yet :eek:. Same ITA date but such different results so far.
Haha, I guess preparing docs in advance helped me a lot. Btw, saw that you run a marketing agency. Really cool to see another marketer here ;) . Will drop you a DM to learn more about you. Cheers!