+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are CIC awarding the correct scores for EE?

cheesycheese

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EEKnowledge said:
Test factors include grammar, sentence structure, build-up and segue's ... and is not based upon test taker being English.
Yes I know that but if an Englishman who has only spoken/written/read/listened to English in his 42 years on this planet can't score full points for grammar, sentence structure, etc, it's rather ironic don't you think?

In all seriousness, it may also be that I speak 'English English' whereas the exam would have been marked in 'Canadian English'. Having lived in Toronto for almost 3 years, I have to change some of my vocabulary to make my self understood at times.

sumit.singh.hallan

Jan 2, 2015
Gurgaon, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE Profile Created - 20-01-2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
Completed. L-9.0 , R-8.5, W-7.0, S-7.0
LANDED..........
Pretty soon
cheesycheese said:
Yes I know that but if an Englishman who has only spoken/written/read/listened to English in his 42 years on this planet can't score full points for grammar, sentence structure, etc, it's rather ironic don't you think?

In all seriousness, it may also be that I speak 'English English' whereas the exam would have been marked in 'Canadian English'. Having lived in Toronto for almost 3 years, I have to change some of my vocabulary to make my self understood at times.
It also assess your comprehension. Must I say, Canadian born applicants are not that good in reading and comprehending

SO in a way it tests your aptitude as well..