+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are bachelor's transcripts required for master's evaluation?

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hello experts,

I am trying to get my master's degree from US evaluated through IQAS. I should get my bachelor's degree from India evaluated also, but as it would take a few more months for me to visit India, I am trying to get my master's degree evaluated as of now.

My question is : should I be providing my bachelor's degree transcripts (directly from my university in India) also to IQAS for them to be able to evaluate my master's degree?

Inputs from people who have done masters degree evaluation through IQAS is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
kartiktowniee said:
Not Needed.
Only Highest Degree is required.
Thanks for the response.

I am trying to get my master's evaluated by IQAS. Seems like they would need my bachelor's degree's transcripts also from my university in order to be able to evaluate my master's.

Has your experience been different during ECA? Please share.

Thanks.

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
kartiktowniee said:
Not Needed.
Only Highest Degree is required.
And also, according to CIC's website - Have your education assessed — Skilled immigrants (Express Entry) page : "Depending on your case, you may want to have both your secondary and post-secondary credentials assessed, and not just your highest completed foreign credential."

Galilee

Jan 27, 2016
If you just get your highest completed foreign credential assessed should you still mention your other credentials in your education and personal history after ITA? Ticking 'No' to ECA?

My main concern is one of the earlier credentials was at the same time as full time work.

Galilee

Jan 27, 2016
I think Asivad has already answered my question elsewhere actually...

Asivad Anac said:
Just mention PhD under Education history section. If you mention Bachelors and Masters, you will be unnecessarily prompted to upload documentation for those degrees as well. They are both irrelevant to this PR application.