AOR- 3 April
Bio/Med/UCI- 4 May
Background in progress- 5 May
Eligibility started -18 June
Eligibility completed -19 June
Medical extended- 20 June
Background completed on tracker - 21 June
Portal 1- 22 June
Portal 2- 26 June(submitted info on 27June)
eCOPR- 30 June
VO- Edmonton
Congratulations!! My background completed on tracker June 20, hopefully my COPR will be generated soon too...

singhguy

May 5, 2023
I called IRCC today and the agent was very polite and supportive. She gave me information on the Background verification step.

Info Sharing - Passed
Criminality - Passed
Security - In Progress

She also told me that my VO is CIO at Sydney.

I hope Passed is Completed and now the only pending step for background verification is Security.

Last edited:

Petejames

Star Member
Dec 21, 2022
I called IRCC today and the agent was very polite and supportive. She gave me information on the Background verification step.

Info Sharing - Passed
Criminality - Passed
Security - In Progress

I hope Passed is Completed and now the only pending step for background verification in Security.
Hi. Did you just call ircc for the update of your application?

singhguy

May 5, 2023
Oh okay. I tried calling them but i cant get through. Were on the same boat i guess i got my AOR apr 24 bgc still in progress and eligibilty not yet started
Are you calling from inside or outside Canada. I called from Canada and navigated with the IVR to check the application status after asking for UCI, Application number, etc I got an option to speak to an agent. But as the waiting time was long there was an option to schedule a call back for which I gave my number and received call back.

I hope you get update soon on your application.

qdee

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
28-04-2023
Hi guys, I just received an update in tracker that says "background verification status has been updated to in progress". Background verification has been in progress since I created tracker(June 1st), so that's a bit odd.

I was wondering if everybody got this type of update?

littlestar19

May 9, 2022

Info Sharing - Passed
Criminality - Passed
Security - In Progress

I hope Passed is Completed and now the only pending step for background verification is Security.
Hi! I also have PVO Sydney.
Did she say security in progress specifically ?
What about your eligibility status?

littlestar19

May 9, 2022
Yes she said Security is In Progress and Info sharing & Criminality both have Passed. My eligibility status was updated to Completed on June 09
I also called few days back. Firstly, an agent said security in progress. Actually, I didnt get the sense and I called again. The another agent mentioned that its not started. Dont know whats the actual status though.

starry1990

May 18, 2023
Hi guys, I just received an update in tracker that says "background verification status has been updated to in progress". Background verification has been in progress since I created tracker(June 1st), so that's a bit odd.

Yes, when I searched around, looks like a sign of going into comprehensive security check :(

Reactions: qdee

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda

What has happened so far with BGS in your GCKey? Do you see a pattern like the one that Legalfalcon mentioned here(in your GCKey)? https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-shows-security-screening-and-waiting-lets-gather-here.498854/post-10443831

singhguy

May 5, 2023
I also called few days back. Firstly, an agent said security in progress. Actually, I didnt get the sense and I called again. The another agent mentioned that its not started. Dont know whats the actual status though.
When I called she told me that Background Check is In Progress and then I specifically asked about the Info Sharing, Criminality & Security stage and she told the status of each.

Reactions: littlestar19

Daria13

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2023

Info Sharing - Passed
Criminality - Passed
Security - In Progress

I have exactly the same status and VO. Have not heard anyone with PPR from Sydney in a while

Reactions: starry1990