+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 Inland Spousal Sponsorship

cooky4ya

Apr 30, 2021
Can AIP come before the background check is completed? We just got a request for a police certificate from Colombia which is going to take weeks if not months.
It might help you.

Your application is “approved in principle (AIP)” if:

• you have received a letter from IRCC stating that you meet the permanent residence eligibility requirements, but
  • you still have to pass the medical, security and background checks for you and, if needed, your family members.
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship/helpcentre/glossary.html

Reactions: espg_007

JR985

Feb 28, 2021
Why dont you give them a call and ask about ur application.call them first thing in the morning
I have called while ago. All they said was, processing is delayed due to high volume...also they gave piority to cases/applications from Afganistan.
Again, is there any applicants from early April that are waiting for AOR???

Marabelle

Oct 13, 2021
Despite our best efforts, my wife was unable to get her xray part of her exam done before the 30 days was up. We sent a message through the webform and we told that info was sent on to the appropriate channel. In her GIC account it now says they haven't gotten the required medical results yet. Her xrays will be done on Friday. How worried should we be that her app will be rejected because of the delay?

espg_007

Star Member
Aug 17, 2014
Can AIP come before the background check is completed? We just got a request for a police certificate from Colombia which is going to take weeks if not months.
Just in case this is useful for anyone in the future, we received our AIP letter today despite not having completed background check.

This was a huge milestone for us as my wife needs OHIP coverage urgently.

Reactions: Vles and MRQ

MRQ

Star Member
Sep 28, 2021
Just in case this is useful for anyone in the future, we received our AIP letter today despite not having completed background check.

This was a huge milestone for us as my wife needs OHIP coverage urgently.
Great !!!

Bee97

Oct 13, 2021
Just updating my timeline,
Application sent: April 14, 2021
Application received: April 15, 2021
Temp AOR: May 27, 2021
AOR: October 9, 2021
Medical request: October 12, 2021

Update:
Medicals done: November 3, 2021
Biometrics request: November 4, 2021
Medicals passed: November 8, 2021
Biometrics done: November 9, 2021

Reactions: MRQ and paul22381

MRQ

Star Member
Sep 28, 2021
Hi Guys,

Quick update!
We received pre-arrival letter yesterday and Decision Made on ECAS today.
HI,

last 4 days I got 4 reminders for the portal. Each time I respond to them but last time I even add Option A and copied questions on mail and answer them. Can y just let me know when y got the portal pass and login and what kind of mail y send them?

paul22381

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
HI,

last 4 days I got 4 reminders for the portal. Each time I respond to them but last time I even add Option A and copied questions on mail and answer them. Can y just let me know when y got the portal pass and login and what kind of mail y send them?

Hi, I received PR confirmation portal process email only this afternoon. Same as yours, I replied with copied questions and answers as instructed.
Now I'm waiting for the portal link.

Cjjjjj

Oct 17, 2021
I have called while ago. All they said was, processing is delayed due to high volume...also they gave piority to cases/applications from Afganistan.
Again, is there any applicants from early April that are waiting for AOR???
Yup still waiting ours reached their April 12th and got our temp aor May 27. Nothing since then

Reactions: JR985 and Bangarang

Nshilu

Nov 10, 2021
*OWP application returned*

Hello everyone,
I need some urgent help with a peculiar situation.

I applied for my wife's inland spousal sponsorship + OWP in April 2021. We received the OWP application returned to us in mail due to insufficient processing fees. The letter attached specifically states that "The entire package, including all the requested documents/information referenced in the above and a copy of this letter must be resubmitted to : xxxxx"

My wife visitor visa (6 months expired towards end of September 2021).

My question here is - should we apply for restoration of visitor status first and then submit a new application for OWP or just return the package received after attaching the missing information (as per instruction) ? Does this qualify under request for additional documents/more information ?

I would really appreciate if someone can provide insights for this situation.

Note: The inland PR application is underway and we completed the "Medical Passed" stage on October 20th.

Last edited:

Gadde

Mar 7, 2017
*OWP application returned*

Hello everyone,
I need some urgent help with a peculiar situation.

I applied for my wife's inland spousal sponsorship + OWP in April 2021. We received the OWP application returned to us in mail due to insufficient processing fees. The letter attached specifically states that "The entire package, including all the requested documents/information referenced in the above and a copy of this letter must be resubmitted to : xxxxx"

My wife visitor visa (6 months expired towards end of September 2021).

My question here is - should we apply for restoration of visitor status first and then submit a new application for OWP or just return the package received after attaching the missing information (as per instruction) ? Does this qualify under request for additional documents/more information ?

I would really appreciate if someone can provide insights for this situation.

Note: The inland PR application is underway and we completed the "Medical Passed" stage on October 20th.
Personally, We went through the similar experience but it was a PR application, we had applied for a status restoration with the "Letter of Explanation". and re-submitted our entire application package (PR+OWP) again, this was considered to be a new application since the processing did not begin at all and never we received a permanent AOR before it was returned.

Hope the above information helps...

Reactions: Nshilu

Nshilu

Nov 10, 2021
Personally, We went through the similar experience but it was a PR application, we had applied for a status restoration with the "Letter of Explanation". and re-submitted our entire application package (PR+OWP) again, this was considered to be a new application since the processing did not begin at all and never we received a permanent AOR before it was returned.

Hope the above information helps...
Thank you @Gadde for the response. Since our PR application is already underway, I was thinking to send the OWP package back as per instruction and only add the requested information to it and apply for restoration separately altogether. The only issue there is that OWP application was made when my wife was on a valid tourist visa which now she is not. She is right now in the 90 days period after the OWP is returned. I am just hoping that they consider it as an old application if I resubmit the package as instructed.

Any thoughts anyone ?

marcello81

Apr 30, 2021
Thank you @Gadde for the response. Since our PR application is already underway, I was thinking to send the OWP package back as per instruction and only add the requested information to it and apply for restoration separately altogether. The only issue there is that OWP application was made when my wife was on a valid tourist visa which now she is not. She is right now in the 90 days period after the OWP is returned. I am just hoping that they consider it as an old application if I resubmit the package as instructed.

Any thoughts anyone ?
Just apply for the restoration of her status and pay the 200$ then you´re on the safe side and don´t have to worry. It is not worth to jepordize the whole application. I know the whole application sucks and doesn´t make any sense, implied status should be given by applying for PR, but it is what it is. Sadly.

Reactions: Nshilu

Nshilu

Nov 10, 2021
Just apply for the restoration of her status and pay the 200$ then you´re on the safe side and don´t have to worry. It is not worth to jepordize the whole application. I know the whole application sucks and doesn´t make any sense, implied status should be given by applying for PR, but it is what it is. Sadly.
Thank you ! Surely going to do that.

And any thoughts on if I should make changes before I resubmit the OWP as per instructions? Maybe add the proof of application for restoration of status ? Or a new and updated forms ?