+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2017***SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

mrpkiam

Mar 22, 2017
well my application was returned because my lovely husband PA went and renewed his passport after application was submitted even tho it doesnt expire until May2018 so they sent application back May 12 and requested copy of new passport.
That sucks but you would had to still get it renewed and you would not have wanted to send the older one for visa stamp. Application rejected on what basis though ? When did you submit application and how did they even know he went for renewal of passport ?

canadiantica15

Sep 14, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
File Transfer...
24-05-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
well my application was returned because my lovely husband PA went and renewed his passport after application was submitted even tho it doesnt expire until May2018 so they sent application back May 12 and requested copy of new passport.
That's odd. The checklist states you don't need a valid passport when you submit your application but will need one for COPR and when you land. That was the only reason for returning your app?

Milaby

Star Member
Apr 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
Hello everyone can sponsor and PA having two separate CIC account and link one applicatin to both account or it just have to be one account for both sponsor and PA?

mrpkiam

Mar 22, 2017
Hello everyone can sponsor and PA having two separate CIC account and link one applicatin to both account or it just have to be one account for both sponsor and PA?
One application can link to only 1 account, if you link to another account it will de-link from the first one and so forth. so only 1 account can link to one app.

AJSM

Dec 2, 2016
CIC Mississauga received our application April 21 but we didn't receive an AOR yet. But I went online to try and link my spouses app today and it worked! I suspect we will be getting the email soon. We are quite excited!

Quick question. My wife is Korean but lived in the Philippines for a little over 6 months before studying English there almost 10 years ago now but she doesn't remember the address where she stayed and we have to look at how to do the background check. Does anyone know what we can do in this situation for schedule A?
CIC Mississauga received our application April 21 but we didn't receive an AOR yet. But I went online to try and link my spouses app today and it worked! I suspect we will be getting the email soon. We are quite excited!

Quick question. My wife is Korean but lived in the Philippines for a little over 6 months before studying English there almost 10 years ago now but she doesn't remember the address where she stayed and we have to look at how to do the background check. Does anyone know what we can do in this situation for schedule A?
How did you do without AOR? did you receive any single correspondence?

M.steele

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
How did you do without AOR? did you receive any single correspondence?
Not yet, I think they are working on it now I assume. I just chose the option on CIC to link the account without the UCI number, put in all the correct info and it came up showing the application # and details of the application. I assume AOR e-mail will be coming soon as it's probably the last thing they do once all the information is in the system.

Milaby

Star Member
Apr 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
One application can link to only 1 account, if you link to another account it will de-link from the first one and so forth. so only 1 account can link to one app.
Okay Thank you

AJSM

Dec 2, 2016
Not yet, I think they are working on it now I assume. I just chose the option on CIC to link the account without the UCI number, put in all the correct info and it came up showing the application # and details of the application. I assume AOR e-mail will be coming soon as it's probably the last thing they do once all the information is in the system.
Ohakya thanks.So we have to put all the applicant details, including name and given name. Can sponsor create with her own email address

airon06

Apr 13, 2017
Visa Office......
Manila
You should get an email about which VO its been sent to
Eventhough the the background check is still the same? We sent background check last week and the immigration called me last tuesday to confirmed that the email that my husband received was for sched a and pcc. Medical was done last tuesday too.

lawbuster

May 18, 2017
Hi,

I got SA on 26th April stating I will get request for Schedule A in 5 business days. But I haven't received anything yet. I called CIC on 15th May, they advised request was sent but didn't reach to PA. Customer service representative said she will inform officer about same and also suggested to report a technical issue. I reported technical issue on 15th May but haven't heard anything from CIC yet. I called again this morning to CIC and they said it will take around a month to get back. I asked if I can submit Schedule A form and PCC using webform but she advised against it. She advised officer will resend the request in email and only then I should send anything to CIC.

Can anyone please advise what needs to be done in this case?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Eventhough the the background check is still the same? We sent background check last week and the immigration called me last tuesday to confirmed that the email that my husband received was for sched a and pcc. Medical was done last tuesday too.
So once we had submitted police check, sched a and medical and ecas moved to in process we got the email about the VO it was sent to. It sounds like you've submitted everything you need to so I expect you'll hear something similar soon!

Reactions: airon06

airon06

Apr 13, 2017
Visa Office......
Manila
So once we had submitted police check, sched a and medical and ecas moved to in process we got the email about the VO it was sent to. It sounds like you've submitted everything you need to so I expect you'll hear something similar soon!
What is in your cic account under Background Check? And in your ecas too if you dont mind me asking.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Required Documents CPC Mississauga/CTD Mississauga PO Box 6100, Station A Mississauga L5A4H4

Shortly after they got it, put it on our file and transferred to VO