+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2015 citizenship Applicants

m22ij

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After that they invite to take the test, and if you pass they again invite for the oath..

Good Luck!!!!!

CANMAPLE said:
Just woke up this morning and saw the extra line added to my status:

4. Your file was transferred to the office responsible for your area on June 17, 2015. The office responsible for your area will contact you.

So what are the next steps? Just test/interview and oath??

Cheers!

alhotmany

Star Member
May 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 28,2015
AOR Received.
Not yet
File Transfer...
Not yet
nflcanada said:
Anyone else still waiting for AOR or am I the only April 30th applicant left?
hi
I'm also waiting for my AOR nothing yet . My application was received on April 30,2015
Hopefully next week

s_Fanous

Apr 2, 2015
nflcanada said:
Anyone else still waiting for AOR or am I the only April 30th applicant left?
I'm still waiting for our (My wife & I) AOR. Application received by CIC on 27/04 by a "Dan Lewis".

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I received my AOR last week. I have a need to travel out of the country for 1-2 months for my wedding but I am afraid to finalize wedding dates as I am not sure of the impact of travel on the process.

Can members advise if it impacts the application process in any manner? Does anyone have any experience with out of country travel?

I so appreciate your help.

Thanks,

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
I wonder what could be the reason for hardly any April applicants going to in-process? There are only 8 applicants so far. Its much slower than the MArch applicants :( :( :(

Zaker

Dec 13, 2013
Hi Guys,

I just check my status. Now in Process! This is my time line:

Application sent: April 25th
Application Received: April 28th
AOR Received: June 4th
In Process: June 18th

Family from Vancouver

I hope the others be In process soon.

Good Luck

FSWCEC

Star Member
Mar 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nubee said:
Hi everyone,

I received my AOR last week. I have a need to travel out of the country for 1-2 months for my wedding but I am afraid to finalize wedding dates as I am not sure of the impact of travel on the process.

Can members advise if it impacts the application process in any manner? Does anyone have any experience with out of country travel?

I so appreciate your help.

Thanks,
I guess no one knows. But you need to inform CIC if you are going to be out of the country for more than 2 weeks. As long as you tell them the dates you are not gonna be here, they won't schedule the test for you. Personally I think the summer would be a slow season so there may not be much update thou.

My 2 cents.

Anthony_nyc

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know what exact documents are needed if any of us get RQ and/or get requested to show up for an interview meeting at the end? I wish to gather the precise documentation way ahead of time in case. Also I always pay month to month cash, all utilities included, for anywhere I ever lived in Canada, never leaving once. I don't have lease proof or active cell phone bills for proof. Would letters of support from my Canadian friends of the places I lived be official enough as proof? I know Canada had the bad practice of not recording exit records into USA. In the USA we always have exit and entry dates. The most "recent" passport stamp activity I have in my passport is March 4th, 2012, I have no exit stamps because I still never left Canada once. Any professional advice? Thank you in advance, many blessings to you.

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
Anthony_nyc said:
Hello ev
Anthony_nyc said:
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know what exact documents are needed if any of us get RQ and/or get requested to show up for an interview meeting at the end? I wish to gather the precise documentation way ahead of time in case. Also I always pay month to month cash, all utilities included, for anywhere I ever lived in Canada, never leaving once. I don't have lease proof or active cell phone bills for proof. Would letters of support from my Canadian friends of the places I lived be official enough as proof? I know Canada had the bad practice of not recording exit records into USA. In the USA we always have exit and entry dates. The most "recent" passport stamp activity I have in my passport is March 4th, 2012, I have no exit stamps because I still never left Canada once. Any professional advice? Thank you in advance, many blessings to you.
eryone,

Canada has complete access to data on people entering the United States -- they get it from the U.S., which shares its data with Canada and vice versa.

I'm afraid that your profile is the type that makes CIC suspicious -- I'm guessing that you were self-employed as well, over this period. I wouldn't worry about gathering the information, who knows who gets an RQ? But I would think about ways that you can prove that you've been in Canada -- a record of using provincial health insurance, things like that. The fact that you're suggesting 'letters from friends', which I am very certain CIC does not care about, suggests that this is going to be difficult for you. Whatever you do, don't show up to an interview with a briefcase full of 'extra' support to prove that you've been in Canada.

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well, I think it varies from case to case, however, I also have a strong feeling now that it also depends what city you are applying from. I am a Mississauga applicant where the processing was faster in the past few months but if you have reviewed the various posts in other topics, recently Mississauga office has cancelled the test dates for a lot of applicants who were scheduled to write their citizenship tests. They have been informed that they will be advised of new dates but haven't received the new date so far. Therefore, possibly some offices like Mississauga may have gotten too busy which is why they have slowed down the processing. Unless they clear the back log of the existing applicants, they wouldn't accept new applications i.e. status won't turn into In Process until then.

zoya_99 said:
I wonder what could be the reason for hardly any April applicants going to in-process? There are only 8 applicants so far. Its much slower than the MArch applicants :( :( :(

cassied

Star Member
Apr 3, 2015
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi every one finaly received AOR after a long time.
My timeline :
Send april 11th
Received april 14th
AOR: june 23th

nflcanada

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
My ecas just went into In Process. App received by CIC on April 21.
AOR on June 2
In Process June 22.

I'm from Vancouver

russ007

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats, this should give hope to rest of April applicant who have not yet received the AOR.

cassied said:
Hi every one finaly received AOR after a long time.
My timeline :
Send april 11th
Received april 14th
AOR: june 23th

ss_2015

Star Member
May 5, 2015
I still don't get it why GTA is so slow, I don't think the number of applications from Vancouver and other BC areas are much less than GTA!