Star Member
May 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gill85 said:
Thanks. Its not me, all my indian relatives. Because they think while coming back to canada they could create problems as i don't have job in canada.
Do you not have a job or do you not have a job in your field. Please advice if comfortable.
Thank you

gill85

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
james0011 said:
Do you not have a job or do you not have a job in your field. Please advice if comfortable.
Thank you
don't have job in my own field and if i would go back then will quit the job.

james0011

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gill85 said:
don't have job in my own field and if i would go back then will quit the job.
Take a short vacation and if you are planning to go for a long period then if i was you i wouldnt want to complicate things and would stay. Here until i get over the line. And yes if the job is related or not related its of no concern to the officer it is of concern to the officer at provincial leel to ascertain the facts thT you meet the criteria for nomination. But at the federL stGe they DO CARE about your emoyment situation reasons:
1. It is a big factor making the vo believe that you will integrate to society FINANCIALLY and would be sucessful.
2. At the time of apication you must have put down your current job on one of the forms included in application so you are obliged to let them k ow if you quit the job or chNge it and if you dont and accidently they find out than you dont wNna know how far they go to squeeze you.

So its is a beauraucracy and very hard to interpret.

Thanks

s.gupta1487

Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2013
LANDED..........
18 Jan 2014
james0011 said:
There are regrets and there are regrets and this is the latest you have. And as the people who have been working for there cec applications only to find out the OB issued by cic telling them no longer availaible.
Be grateful nd high spirits. And yes they guys who finished study with me also got there pr. While i was the first to get a job. But looking back i am only grateful that it went like this. Cheers you have company atleSst lol
These are not regrets my dear. Just sometimes we wish something else would have been happened and to be true I am really grateful to God that after 2 years, I will become PR of Canada..My file has due date in Jan and I first came to Canada in Jan 2012. ;D

No regrets..just a little impatience to become PR here and to start our future planning :D

2014 has lots of happiness in store for us :D

s.gupta1487

Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2013
LANDED..........
18 Jan 2014
gill85 said:
even though i have applied under masters stream with no job letter required.
Yes as long as u have valid work permit and visa, it's not an issue for you to re-enter Canada..cheer up and enjoy Christmas :)

james0011

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gill85 said:
even though i have applied under masters stream with no job letter required.
As i mentioned above it only mattered until the provincial level but at the federal stage its a little different and because you are presently employed( regardleas of NOC) they so count it in to assess the eligibiltiy. And to provide a prospective about "WITHOUT JOB OFFER" thing. People under the family stream under few provinces or friend stream so not need job offer either.
Because the assumption is if they are admitted in as pr they will find job.and since you are already here and are employed and den you quit it doesnot go down very well on your file, except for it is an emergency or matters beyond your control like lay off or ahutsown or family matters (eg. Maternal leave)
And finally it all comes down to visa officer id he ia a read neck beauraucrat or he is a tolerant person.

james0011

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
s.gupta1487 said:
These are not regrets my dear. Just sometimes we wish something else would have been happened and to be true I am really grateful to God that after 2 years, I will become PR of Canada..My file has due date in Jan and I first came to Canada in Jan 2012. ;D

No regrets..just a little impatience to become PR here and to start our future planning :D

2014 has lots of happiness in store for us :D
Yes hope fully there is but to be frank this year has made me happy beyond my expectation already lol. .

Hope the same for you too.

quq

Oct 12, 2013
james0011 said:
As i mentioned above it only mattered until the provincial level but at the federal stage its a little different and because you are presently employed( regardleas of NOC) they so count it in to assess the eligibiltiy. And to provide a prospective about "WITHOUT JOB OFFER" thing. People under the family stream under few provinces or friend stream so not need job offer either.
Because the assumption is if they are admitted in as pr they will find job.and since you are already here and are employed and den you quit it doesnot go down very well on your file, except for it is an emergency or matters beyond your control like lay off or ahutsown or family matters (eg. Maternal leave)
And finally it all comes down to visa officer id he ia a read neck beauraucrat or he is a tolerant person.
Hey James,

I would appreciate your thought on this,

I got my BC PNP nomination for which I did not need to secure any employment. However, my application for pr is now "in process", and yet I could not obtain employment. Do you think it may affect my pr application that I am unemployed but have a valid work permit? Is there any resource you can refer me to in that regards?

I am currently doing volunteering work that may eventually lead to a permanent and paid position in my field of occupation. I can also provide a proof of fund in case I am asked to do so. Let me know your thoughts. Do you think giving up my volunteering work in my field of occupation to obtain any paid job is better choice for me? Or, it does not matter that I am not getting paid for what I am doing as long as I can provide proof of fund.

Thanks,

zhu202

Star Member
Jul 28, 2012
Regina, SK, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP, Ottawa.
NOC Code......
Kitchen helper, D category it is.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep14, 2012.
Nomination.....
Feb05, 2013.
AOR Received.
June04, 2013.
IELTS Request
Already did that before applying SINP, 7/9.
File Transfer...
June04, 2013.
Med's Request
June10, 2013.
Med's Done....
June12, 2013.
Interview........
"In Process" on Aug20, 2013.
Passport Req..
Dec06, 2013. Decision made on Dec09, 2013.
VISA ISSUED...
Dec06, 2013.
LANDED..........
Dec22, 2013.
Just wanna ask friends here who already received the ppr email. What did cic ask for other than the original passport? Probably two passport size photos less than 6 months old?? Well I guess my best chance to receive ppr will be in January, I'm thinking about taking those photos in advanced by the very end of this year. Believe or not, I carry my passport with me all the time in my back pack looool cuz I wanna make sure I can mail my passport and photos away in the very same day that I receive the ppr email. Don't even wanna waste another day to wait hehe.
To me, gaining the pr means free from my currently crabby job and be able to work in oil industry.. It's a long story, but long story short, PR status means life changing upside down!
So I'd be very much appreciated if anyone of you can answer my question. Good day!

james0011

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
quq said:
Hey James,

I would appreciate your thought on this,

I got my BC PNP nomination for which I did not need to secure any employment. However, my application for pr is now "in process", and yet I could not obtain employment. Do you think it may affect my pr application that I am unemployed but have a valid work permit? Is there any resource you can refer me to in that regards?

I am currently doing volunteering work that may eventually lead to a permanent and paid position in my field of occupation. I can also provide a proof of fund in case I am asked to do so. Let me know your thoughts. Do you think giving up my volunteering work in my field of occupation to obtain any paid job is better choice for me? Or, it does not matter that I am not getting paid for what I am doing as long as I can provide proof of fund.

Thanks,
Hey bud

It is really a very ambiguios subject. The language of the act is very broad it is entirely on vo if they going to reject you for this, but since province has nominated you and for the sake of procedural fairness principles they will have to question province on their nomination( which i have never seen, because the rejection rate for pnp applications is 3% and reasons could vary from A35-A41. It really is very comicated but to your comfort --- you dont have to worry about it because before going to in process the file goea to A87 evaluation which is precisely or almost the assessment of your chances to economically suceed and integrate in province.

And for job thing its entirely your personal decision if you think you can take some time out for even a part time job i would say go for it but dont compromise tour long term career for sake of anything.

I hope that helps

Thanks

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
I sent a scanned copy of my spouse's renewed passport three weeks ago to Ottawa.

Yesterday i got reply mentioning that there was no attachment with email. I resent the email with attachment both in jpg and pdf format (I made an attachment in the previous email too).

In my notes (printed on Oct 24) the location mentioned was A87-QSW and this reply I got was from CPP-O (indicated in the signature).

Should I consider it as my file has been transferred to Ottawa?

and

Has it been assigned to an officer who checked my file and asked me to resend the copy of passport?

Bagaholic

Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2011
Nomination.....
19-10-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
IELTS Request
03-01-2013
Med's Request
22-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-08-2013
villa said:
Hi movado!

Pls. update my timeline: Visa received...11-14-2013

Landing Date...03-28-2014 (Confirmed)

TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!

Congrats villa!!....how did you received your passport? Did the embassy contacted you before they send your passports or they just mailed directly to your address without informing you?