April 2013 applications

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shahmahmood said:
Hi Guys,

This is the timeline for my application in Windsor, Ontario.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 4, 2013.
2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 4, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
3. We started processing your application on June 19, 2013.
4. We sent you a notice on October 4, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 28, 2013 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Fastest I've seen in a long time...congrats. This shows the absurdity of the process because the Local CIC office impacts the most on a routine applicant that avoids a Sidney RQ. On the premise that Local CIC offices pull in files from Sidney on a batch basis (not Sidney pushing) when they are ready to process then Windsor COs must be the CIC's top guns or their inventory is minimal.

corazon3

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Msafiri said:
Fastest I've seen in a long time...congrats. This shows the absurdity of the process because the Local CIC office impacts the most on a routine applicant that avoids a Sidney RQ. On the premise that Local CIC offices pull in files from Sidney on a batch basis (not Sidney pushing) when they are ready to process then Windsor COs must be the CIC's top guns or their inventory is minimal.
Windsor doesn't have many apps, which is why it's so fast. My impression is there will be much wider gaps between the citizenship processing time lines (whether it's the old apps vs. the recent apps or RQed apps or routine ones).

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why wouldn't the other CIC offices transfer some files to Windsor to be processed (that if your theory about Windsor not having many apps is true). And when done and accepted send back the files to the original offices. I think that should be possible. mmmmm

corazon3 said:
Windsor doesn't have many apps, which is why it's so fast. My impression is there will be much wider gaps between the citizenship processing time lines (whether it's the old apps vs. the recent apps or RQed apps or routine ones).

shahmahmood

Oct 9, 2013
Randypandy said:
Congrats shahmahmood !. Please share your application process with rest of us. Are you applied alone or with Family ?

randy
It was only for myself. My spouse and 3 years old child are already Canadian citizens.

shahmahmood

Oct 9, 2013
Moe... said:
Congratulations! shahmahmood:

Did you get RQ ever ?

Did you ever went to USA or any other country in the past 4 yrs ?

Did you ever work as self employed or was ever unemployed for any time?
1. They didn't ask for any RQ.
2. I went to the US around 5 times and stayed there for around 3 months. I also stayed in India for around 2 months during 4 years period. I provided them all the information with dates about my US and India trip.
3. I was not working.

Saloo

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
shahmahmood said:
1. They didn't ask for any RQ.
2. I went to the US around 5 times and stayed there for around 3 months. I also stayed in India for around 2 months during 4 years period. I provided them all the information with dates about my US and India trip.
3. I was not working.
you were a student? did you mentioned in your application the word unemployed explicitly in the study/work part? because as they mentioned in this forum and other forums that unemployed with travel will trigger RQ but homemaker or study or volunteer will not trigger RQ

shahmahmood

Oct 9, 2013
Saloo said:
you were a student? did you mentioned in your application the word unemployed explicitly in the study/work part? because as they mentioned in this forum and other forums that unemployed with travel will trigger RQ but homemaker or study or volunteer will not trigger RQ
I mentioned the word "Homemaker".

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
shahmahmood said:
I mentioned the word "Homemaker".
Thank you very much for your update. Please keep us posted. And good luck with your test! :)

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
I called the CIC this morning. The agent informed me that our file had been transferred to the local office in Mississauga and was received by them on October 4. :)

Mapleleaves

Sep 16, 2013
Suin said:
I called the CIC this morning. The agent informed me that our file had been transferred to the local office in Mississauga and was received by them on October 4. :)
Congrats ;)

All good luck in next steps

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
Mapleleaves said:
Congrats ;)

All good luck in next steps
Thank you, Mapleleaves. :) That is your timeline?

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Hi Suin,

Great to know there is a progress in your application. Did you ask when your file was sent from Sydney? Mine was sent on September 19th, but there is no confirmation of receipt by the Mississauga office as of yesterday.

Suin said:
Thank you, Mapleleaves. :) That is your timeline?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
YYZguy416 said:
Hi Suin,

Great to know there is a progress in your application. Did you ask when your file was sent from Sydney? Mine was sent on September 19th, but there is no confirmation of receipt by the Mississauga office as of yesterday.

Hi YYZguy416,
When I called this morning I asked the agent whether there was any update on my file. He said that yes, the file was transferred to Mississauga and received by them on October 4. I was surprised that my file went to Mississauga as the Scarborough office is closer to our residential address.
I would advise you to call them again. Maybe Mississauga updated their database this morning as the long week-end is coming up.

josephine129

Sep 23, 2013
Hi,good news for u suin and congrats,there is one question that I posted before but I didn't get any reply,pls can any one give me an idea here:why is every one is concerned about file transfer? does it mean anything significant like a test coming soon or RQ? Because from the last few years nothing meant anything ,I mean the applicant can get RQ any time during the process?.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
josephine129 said:
Hi,good news for u suin and congrats,there is one question that I posted before but I didn't get any reply,pls can any one give me an idea here:why is every one is concerned about file transfer? does it mean anything significant like a test coming soon or RQ? Because from the last few years nothing meant anything ,I mean the applicant can get RQ any time during the process?.
Thank you, josephine129. As the CIC agent explains - the file is usually transferred to the local office when it's ready for the test being scheduled, though the local office can also make decision on issuing RQ too.