+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APRIL 2013 Applicants!

meana

Apr 7, 2013
We sent our inland application to Vegreville, AB on Wednesday April 3rd and it got there on Friday April 5th.
We have not done the medical and plan to do it in the next few weeks and send it out afterwards. (At least get the process started and add it to it.) NicAnn, I'd love to be added to the Spreadsheet.

TBH, I'm so nervous about all of this. I just keep having the feeling I've missed something. I can't believe our paperwork was around 400 pages.
Seems like it would be enough.

:) The wait begins.

NicAnn

Oct 9, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
March 24 2013
AOR Received.
April 17 2013
File Transfer...
April 22 2013
Med's Request
extended 1 yr
Med's Done....
Dec 15 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Jan 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 2nd, 2014 EH! :-D
Hi meana, so nice for you to join us! 8)

We can all enjoy our wait together :p ;D

mr.peace

Apr 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Phils.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 24, 2013
AOR Received.
April 17, 2013
File Transfer...
April 23, 2013
Med's Done....
March 20, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 27, 2013 F.Beronia Recv'd PP: Oct 15, 2013 V.O. returned PP: Nov 1, 2013 Resent PP....: Dec 27, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2014 received but dated March 20.
LANDED..........
April xx, 2014
When you check the processing times from the CIC website, it says "Working on applications received on March 4, 2013." Does it mean that they won't be sending AOR yet for those applications received after the date mentioned? Let's say in my case, they received the application per FedEx tracking on April 2, so it means I won't be expecting any AOR until the date they received my application is already within the date they are processing applications. Am I right?

NicAnn

Oct 9, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
March 24 2013
AOR Received.
April 17 2013
File Transfer...
April 22 2013
Med's Request
extended 1 yr
Med's Done....
Dec 15 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Jan 21, 2014
LANDED..........
mr.peace said:
When you check the processing times from the CIC website, it says "Working on applications received on March 4, 2013." Does it mean that they won't be sending AOR yet for those applications received after the date mentioned? Let's say in my case, they received the application per FedEx tracking on April 2, so it means I won't be expecting any AOR until the date they received my application is already within the date they are processing applications. Am I right?
As of right now there is about a 3-4 week wait time from the time they receive your application to the time you receive AOR. Then it's about another 2-3 weeks after that for the SA (if I understand it correctly)

Yana

Nov 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 april 2013
Doc's Request.
November 24, 2015
AOR Received.
sponsorship rejection in july 2013
Med's Request
November 24, 2015
Med's Done....
January 05, 2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
february 19, 2016 and passport submitted on February 23, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
case refused on 18 sept 2014 won appeal on july 31, 2015
My husband lives in Missisuaga has filed my case on April 02, 2013. and it reached to Missiuaga office on April 04, 2013. Can anybody guide me what would be the next steps. as i am living in pakistan...

NicAnn

Oct 9, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
March 24 2013
AOR Received.
April 17 2013
File Transfer...
April 22 2013
Med's Request
extended 1 yr
Med's Done....
Dec 15 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Jan 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Yana said:
My husband lives in Missisuaga has filed my case on April 02, 2013. and it reached to Missiuaga office on April 04, 2013. Can anybody guide me what would be the next steps. as i am living in pakistan...
Hi Yana,

The next step is that your husband (sponsor) will receive an acknowledgement of receipt (AOR). Then another couple of weeks later they will let him know if he has been approved as a sponsor (SA).

Would you like to follow along on
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArQn4OImtWzQdDQwd05KSExhTzdMakN3V0std3Z5WHc#gid=1the April Spreadsheet, Yana?

If you do, provide me as much of the following as you can:

Visa Office -
Medicals Done -
Application Sent -
Date App CPC-M received as per tracking -
Stage 1 AOR -
Sponsorship Approval
Stage 2 AOR
PPR
COPR

SHilliard

Apr 8, 2013
Good morning, all. Hoping to join the ranks of April applicants shortly, as my fiancee and I will be getting married here in Canada later this month.

I guess we're not the only ones that are feeling more than a little overwhelmed with this process. I'm a Canadian citizen, she's American, and we're planning on the Outland Spouse Sponsorship route, as she'll be heading back to her job in the States after our wedding here. We've got twelve years worth of email/chat correspondence proving our friendship-to-relationship, though we're getting a little worried about whether the letters of support from our friends and family need to be 'statutory declarations' or if they can be just formal letters.

Is there anyone in Alberta going through this same ordeal? Any advice, commisseration?

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
Hello!

We are finally submitting our application (Common-law, outland) this month. We are still waiting on a police check from the UK, but once we get that we will be ready to go! The compiling of documents and organising seems neverending, but I can't wait to get it in the mail and off my plate!

SHilliard said:
Good morning, all. Hoping to join the ranks of April applicants shortly, as my fiancee and I will be getting married here in Canada later this month.

I guess we're not the only ones that are feeling more than a little overwhelmed with this process. I'm a Canadian citizen, she's American, and we're planning on the Outland Spouse Sponsorship route, as she'll be heading back to her job in the States after our wedding here. We've got twelve years worth of email/chat correspondence proving our friendship-to-relationship, though we're getting a little worried about whether the letters of support from our friends and family need to be 'statutory declarations' or if they can be just formal letters.

Is there anyone in Alberta going through this same ordeal? Any advice, commisseration?
We are in Alberta, and in terms of Statutory Declarations, we have one Notarised letter and one signed by a Commissioner of Oaths (which we are not sure counts). The only letters we got declared were from each of our sets of parents, partly because we had lived with one of them for an extended period of time.

Basically, I think it's important to get two declared because it asks for it in the application. It only cost us 20 dollars to get done, which is for sure worth it if it helps the application process!

I'm no expert, but I am willing to help answer any more questions if I can!

NicAnn

Oct 9, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
March 24 2013
AOR Received.
April 17 2013
File Transfer...
April 22 2013
Med's Request
extended 1 yr
Med's Done....
Dec 15 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Jan 21, 2014
LANDED..........
ghunter said:
Hello!

We are finally submitting our application (Common-law, outland) this month. We are still waiting on a police check from the UK, but once we get that we will be ready to go! The compiling of documents and organising seems neverending, but I can't wait to get it in the mail and off my plate!

We are in Alberta, and in terms of Statutory Declarations, we have one Notarised letter and one signed by a Commissioner of Oaths (which we are not sure counts). The only letters we got declared were from each of our sets of parents, partly because we had lived with one of them for an extended period of time.

Basically, I think it's important to get two declared because it asks for it in the application. It only cost us 20 dollars to get done, which is for sure worth it if it helps the application process!

I'm no expert, but I am willing to help answer any more questions if I can!
We included letters from people in our families, but they weren't "declared" (not sure what that means) but however they included their contact information so that the CIC could call/write them directly and ask them if it is true...Gee, I hope we did that part right, now I'm worried.... :-\ :'(

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
NicAnn said:
We included letters from people in our families, but they weren't "declared" (not sure what that means) but however they included their contact information so that the CIC could call/write them directly and ask them if it is true...Gee, I hope we did that part right, now I'm worried.... :-\ :'(
No need to worry! I have seen plenty of people who did not get letters declared by a Notary Public.

We have a few gaps in living together, so we are being very cautious to prove our relationship and residence without any shadow of a doubt.

I think that as long as your relationship is genuine and you have enough evidence proving that, having some signature on the bottom of a letter or not shouldn't make a huge difference, we just did it to be safe!

chala

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2013 ext till 2015
Interview........
Aug 5-2014 passed
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2014
LANDED..........
Dec 8, 2014
I see more April applicants are posting on this thread but why are they not appearing on the spreadsheet?

NicAnn

Oct 9, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
March 24 2013
AOR Received.
April 17 2013
File Transfer...
April 22 2013
Med's Request
extended 1 yr
Med's Done....
Dec 15 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Jan 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Anyone who wants to be on it can contact me on this thread or private message me.

I have the outland applicants March 2013 spreadsheet in my signature.

Here is the link for <a href=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArQn4OImtWzQdDQwd05KSExhTzdMakN3V0std3Z5WHc#gid=1> April 2013 outland applicants </a>

The information needed:

Visa Office -
Medicals Done -
Application Sent -
Date App CPC-M received as per tracking -
Stage 1 AOR -
Sponsorship Approval
Stage 2 AOR
PPR
COPR

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
NicAnn said:
We also included letters from family and friends and did not have them notarized. As long as they are not "legal" documents, I believe it is alright that they were not notarized. In our case, only some of the letter writers wanted to provide contact information on their letters so we made a little note that told the VO that would be looking at it that the contact information would be available if they needed it.

Funny how many things we think of - did we do this right? Should we have included this? - when we've already sent the application!

Greatness

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3,2013
Doc's Request.
January 31 2013 RCMP requested
AOR Received.
24/4/13
Med's Done....
February 4,2013
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Hoping this yr
Hi I'm here can't wait for all this to be done !! I'm n inland applicant ..
Visa Office -vegreville
Medicals Done - march 4,2013
Application Sent -April 3,2023
Date App CPC-M received as per tracking -8 April 2013
Stage 1 AOR -waiting
Sponsorship Approval- soon
Stage 2 AOR
PPR
COPR

Greatness

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3,2013
Doc's Request.
January 31 2013 RCMP requested
AOR Received.
24/4/13
Med's Done....
February 4,2013
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Hoping this yr
When I just post my application I could not sleep !! But now I'm Just playing the waiting game !! I was worried about not having alot of pictures!! But I guess I jus send pics of ur wedding ! Wedding shower , dates , Xmas birthdays , val day pic !! Do you think that's enough pics?