+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2012 applicants, join here.

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
out of march-april-may it seems i am the only one going through Rome office.

strange!

lucky all of you won't have to wait 12 months at VO!

Sunshine87

Apr 13, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
AOR Received.
July 5, 2012
File Transfer...
July 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 10, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 30, 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 30, 2012
dkera said:
out of march-april-may it seems i am the only one going through Rome office.

strange!

lucky all of you won't have to wait 12 months at VO!
Hopefully that means quicker process for your application, dkera! I guess there's a lot of Italians marrying Canadians? My VO is also at 12 months.

And I think the ecas page had a minor hiccup because it's working again.

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sunshine87 said:
Hopefully that means quicker process for your application, dkera! My VO is also at 12 months.

And I think the ecas page had a minor hiccup because it's working again.

i wish ! last update for Rome saw it jump from 11 months (january 2012) to 12 months (april 23, 2012)

seems i am one of the few southern europeans that found the forum :p

i actually married a canadian and both lived in Greece since 2004. Been asking me to visit Canada for the past couple of years, never really got to it. But a couple of quality job offers later i re-considered.

so now hopefully we will get to live in my wife's country for a change. this is my first time in canada (came here after we filed and will be going back and forth until it's decided). nice so far.

oh, i got a question too.

me and my wife have been together since 2004, studied together, been married for 2 years now, no children, she already started a full time job in Toronto and afterwards we filed for sponsorship.

in general there shouldn't be a problem, should there ? i mean for possible rejection.

the only thing i am worried about is that my wife did not live in Canada, so she didn't have any "canadian income", only income from a job in my country. so i decided to wait and not file in November-December (when we decided to come to canada) but wait first for her to start working and then file. she started April 2, 2012 and we filed a month letter, complete with tax income reports from Greece and a letter from canadian employer showing she started working in April 2, 2012 with 70k salary.

will we have a problem because of minimum income ? we of course could not have option C printout because she didn't live in Canada.

besides that, i think we have a pretty good chance.

mattyr83

Jul 5, 2012
Just received sponsorship approval! App received April 3rd, approval was today. FYI I did not receive AOR at all, and approval was by regular mail. (I haven't actually received the letter yet, call centre just told me this info.)

Good luck everyone else,

Also one weird thing call centre just told me, they said that all first stage applications are all still being processed at Mississauga, and that Ottawa is only handling the second stage for outland apps. So for Outland VO's that are very backed up, the application is then sent to Ottawa to process rather than your home country but is still treated as an outland app. (That was the first i've heard of that, but interesting)

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mattyr83 said:
Just received sponsorship approval! App received April 3rd, approval was today. FYI I did not receive AOR at all, and approval was by regular mail. (I haven't actually received the letter yet, call centre just told me this info.)

Good luck everyone else,

Also one weird thing call centre just told me, they said that all first stage applications are all still being processed at Mississauga, and that Ottawa is only handling the second stage for outland apps. So for Outland VO's that are very backed up, the application is then sent to Ottawa to process rather than your home country but is still treated as an outland app. (That was the first i've heard of that, but interesting)

contratulations

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
mattyr83 said:

Good luck everyone else,

congrats!!!!! have a happy weekend!!!

Subaru

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-APR-2012
AOR Received.
10-JUL-2012
File Transfer...
10-JUL-2012
Med's Done....
10-MAR-2012
Passport Req..
24-JUL-2012/ ND VO Received PP on 26-JUL-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Was Expecting 10-SEP-2012 , issued on Sept 11, 2012 :-)
LANDED..........
28-SEP-2012
mattyr83 said:

Good luck everyone else,

congratulation

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
Congrats matty, :D and good job info gathering!!!

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
Subaru said:
congratulation
COngratulations! I wouldn't worry you will be sent to New Delhi as i don't think they are handling all the applications for the VO for all the countries. They are definately handling outland applications for United states as part of the whole North american restructuring... That would be absurd they would become 1000 times more backed up than the VO's themselves...Ahh CIC always giving away such good info... FYI the LA group had to call so many times to finally get a straight answer...i wouldn't believe a word they say besides you are approved!!!!! Have a great weekend!

tsjunx

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 19, 12
Doc's Request.
Aug 15, 12
AOR Received.
July 18, 12, Mexico: Aug 15, 12
File Transfer...
July 25, 12
Med's Done....
Feb 18, 12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 1-12
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10-12
LANDED..........
16-Nov-12
ceeallen said:
Call centres dont know about those types of information do they???---they arent officers...
yes they're able to see in their system if a decision has been made and most of the time they'll give that decision over the phone...

I just got off the phone with them btw, she said that they should be through most of april in the next two weeks, I asked her if she knew if the 1st stage time will go down in the future, and to quote her "to be honest no, it will continue to go up" buuuuu Kathy at CIC... well that's not encouraging..

CAPRWIFE

Apr 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2012
File Transfer...
July 10, 2012
Med's Done....
March 15, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012 ND received on: July 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
PP with Visa received on : Sep 17, 2012
Congratulations Sunshine87!!!
Sunshine87 said:
I just got an email from Ottawa Pilot... I'm approved!! But I don't get why my AOR came from Mississauga but approval from Ottawa? So happy it only took a day, and here's hoping a speedy process for the rest of yous! I'm cheering for you all!

Sunshine87

Apr 13, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
AOR Received.
July 5, 2012
File Transfer...
July 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 10, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 30, 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 30, 2012
mattyr83 said:

Good luck everyone else,

Yay, how exciting! I just realized your not on the spreadsheet, I'll add ya right now.. where is your visa office and when were your medicals done?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
dkera said:
i wish ! last update for Rome saw it jump from 11 months (january 2012) to 12 months (april 23, 2012)

seems i am one of the few southern europeans that found the forum :p

i actually married a canadian and both lived in Greece since 2004. Been asking me to visit Canada for the past couple of years, never really got to it. But a couple of quality job offers later i re-considered.

so now hopefully we will get to live in my wife's country for a change. this is my first time in canada (came here after we filed and will be going back and forth until it's decided). nice so far.

oh, i got a question too.

me and my wife have been together since 2004, studied together, been married for 2 years now, no children, she already started a full time job in Toronto and afterwards we filed for sponsorship.

in general there shouldn't be a problem, should there ? i mean for possible rejection.

the only thing i am worried about is that my wife did not live in Canada, so she didn't have any "canadian income", only income from a job in my country. so i decided to wait and not file in November-December (when we decided to come to canada) but wait first for her to start working and then file. she started April 2, 2012 and we filed a month letter, complete with tax income reports from Greece and a letter from canadian employer showing she started working in April 2, 2012 with 70k salary.

will we have a problem because of minimum income ? we of course could not have option C printout because she didn't live in Canada.

besides that, i think we have a pretty good chance.
Hey Dkera,

Welcome to the forum! and don't worry, there is no minimum income for spousal sponsorship as you don't have kids, so you'll be fine! for the sponsor, the condition is to prove that you are moving back to Canada, and how your wife plans to support you, until you get settled, so with a job and a place to stay already arranged, and with your wife already there, should be fine. Criminal background, and not being on welfare are the others things.

Then from the VO - they will assess if you are in a real relationship. If you guys have been married since 2004, and can prove most of it, and have put together a good application, then it is mostly a matter of waiting, unless there are red flags in your application.

Of course - I'm just another applicant, not CIC... but you look like you have a solid case.

Good luck for waiting!
Sweden

mattyr83

Jul 5, 2012
Thanks Sunshine,

Meds done March 21st, VO office London. App sent April 3nd, received April 3rd (I live like 10 mins from processing center) No AOR, Sponsorship approval July 6th.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
mattyr83 said:
Thanks Sunshine,

Meds done March 21st, VO office London. App sent April 3nd, received April 3rd (I live like 10 mins from processing center) No AOR, Sponsorship approval July 6th.
Hey mattyr,

congratulations on your approval, that's great! there is a thread for London VO, if you want to join http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-outland-london-uk-applications-t49436.5250.html
you're 9 days ahead of me, so I'll be following your progress very closely! :)

Good luck for stage 2!
Sweden