Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
I don't blame the visa officers or the other CIC employees. It's the Minister that is ultimately responsible. The thing is, most Canadians don't even know about the debacle that is our immigration system. Kenny gets away with murder while honest people suffer for no other reason than incompetence.

My application was transferred on July 13 and still haven't heard anything from the VO. This is exactly the kind of thing that needs to change. Why should we have to wait in limbo for a simple AOR? Then to be warned that if we contact them it could delay us even more...the nerve of these people blows my mind. What else are we to do? Sit here and wait forever? This is our life we are talking about...we only have so much time...immigration should be quick and easy...do all the checks, but have a system that allows CIC to do everything in an efficient way!

I'm so ashamed of my country...if China was as 'developed' in certain areas, I don't think I'd want to go back home. Sadly, we don't think China is a good place to raise a family, so we have no choice...

FS

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Fencesitter said:
I don't blame the visa officers or the other CIC employees. It's the Minister that is ultimately responsible. The thing is, most Canadians don't even know about the debacle that is our immigration system. Kenny gets away with murder while honest people suffer for no other reason than incompetence.

My application was transferred on July 13 and still haven't heard anything from the VO. This is exactly the kind of thing that needs to change. Why should we have to wait in limbo for a simple AOR? Then to be warned that if we contact them it could delay us even more...the nerve of these people blows my mind. What else are we to do? Sit here and wait forever? This is our life we are talking about...we only have so much time...immigration should be quick and easy...do all the checks, but have a system that allows CIC to do everything in an efficient way!

I'm so ashamed of my country...if China was as 'developed' in certain areas, I don't think I'd want to go back home. Sadly, we don't think China is a good place to raise a family, so we have no choice...

FS
I feel your frustration FS....mine was transferred on June 20th....and nothing...no aor...just absolute silence....I cannot even track it...LOL...since it is sent by diplomatic courier!!! So I am waiting until August 15th...which will kill me...but then that is 8 weeks and I will start emailing Havana until they confirm they are in receipt of my file!!! It is not much but it is something at least....I really hate this feeling of not being in control!!!

SBC2012

Star Member
Jul 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1st 2012
AOR Received.
July 20th 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 1st 2012
Passport Req..
Aug 24th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
decision made Dec 1st 2012
Hi Frens:

can someone please reply here... what is the best way to print skype chat history...

Just wondering as i cudnt figure out how to print almost an years worth of chat history.

thank u

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 28 2011 / July 29, 2013
SBC2012 said:
Hi Frens:

can someone please reply here... what is the best way to print skype chat history...

Just wondering as i cudnt figure out how to print almost an years worth of chat history.

thank u
For me, I just highlight the chat log, copy and paste it in a word document, which I update on a monthly basis. It shows user names, time and date, files sent, duration of calls and/or any messages

SBC2012

Star Member
Jul 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1st 2012
AOR Received.
July 20th 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 1st 2012
Passport Req..
Aug 24th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
decision made Dec 1st 2012
CKnD said:
For me, I just highlight the chat log, copy and paste it in a word document, which I update on a monthly basis. It shows user names, time and date, files sent, duration of calls and/or any messages
thats the only way i cud think off... i thought there might be a better way out..

thanks a lot for the reply

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
SBC2012 said:
thats the only way i cud think off... i thought there might be a better way out..

thanks a lot for the reply
I did some searching online ... and this seems to be the only real way to getting your log on paper ... you would think they be on top of this by now

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
Fencesitter said:
This is why CIC needs to be more transparent with the 'client'. I feel like I'm blind trying to make my way through an empty city. No one can help. It's shameful!! They must finish all of April before the end of July!

I'm beginning to think they don't actually do any checks on the sponsor. I mean, how can they do a background check within a day? Surely they need to contact other government agencies to find out about criminality and whether you are bankrupt or not. For some reason I think they are BSing us...they are taking so long because of one thing, and one thing only...LAZINESS!!

FS
The CBSA at borders can put your passport in and get everything right in front of them in a instant... if they can do that @ the border for an American entering they should have no problem pulling up a Canadian's background.... to find out if your bankrupt one call to the CRA 5 mins... don't give them excuses when it's pure laziness...

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
thanks capri
and congrats to CKND and tsjunx
tk cr

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
My wife just received an AOR from the visa office in HK!! Yes!! So happy!!

Now I can send the update intent to return evidence with my wife's UCI number...

I'm going to put Canadian flags all over the package so that it catches their attention...hopefully they will grant my wife a visa within a month or two!

FS

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Fencesitter said:

Now I can send the update intent to return evidence with my wife's UCI number...

I'm going to put Canadian flags all over the package so that it catches their attention...hopefully they will grant my wife a visa within a month or two!

FS
Congratulations ... I told you guys today was a good day ;D
Lots of HAPPY news
I'm sure the rest of the week will be the same for those still waiting ;)

vincystress

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september ,12,2011
Doc's Request.
june,16,2012
AOR Received.
october,11,2011
File Transfer...
jan.16,2012
Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
hi every one i am sorry to bug you guys but i need to know
i call the call center today and they send my medical and pcc is now showing in there system and they are awaiting my return to canada fee $400 with i already send in with my pcc

1. do you guys thik the officer have not put it in the system yet are do you guyz think i should fax it in to him my copy of the receipt
2. the fact that it is showing in there system mr and pcc how much longer do you guyz think it will take
:eek:

Canada enquiry

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CPC-M on 11/April/2012
Doc's Request.
All submitted
AOR Received.
11/July/2012
File Transfer...
11/July/2012
Med's Done....
March/2012
Passport Req..
01/August/2012
VISA ISSUED...
In process 30/Oct/2012, DM 04/Nov/2012, Passport received 15/Nov/2012
Hi guys, anyone has received the passport request email yet whose file was approved and transfered to New Delhi on 11/July/2012? Please confirm.

Also Shashi_k: Have you received the passport request email yet?

Many thanks.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Fencesitter said:

FS
That is excellent FS. That wasn't even long at all so you should take back all that stuff about being so ashamed of Canada. Come on people, it is a great country - don't let this stress make you hate on the country we all want to get to.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
missmymexi said:
Ok just looked at the spreadsheet and I am not so flustered anymore, seems there is a pretty good handful of us from the 10th to the 30th that have still not received anything, fingers crossed we all get something this week and make the end of July !!
good luck! it's almost there... probably your approval is being shy and standing in the corner not daring to come and present himself to you! :) lurking around... but soon soon! it moved to the 30th of April, so your file has been opened for sure, and they are just working on it. Hopefully by the end of the week ( two more days, a lot can happen!!) they will finish April, and start with the beginning of May - a lot of applicants from the end of May have heard something but not beginning of May, so ... it's a bit all over the place!

I'll kep my fingers crossed for you ( and a few other from mid april that are still waiting to hear from CIC) - but our spreadsheet starts to look nice, with colors etc - and soon it's your turn as well!

Hang in there!
Sweden

mobeyk

Oct 10, 2011
Picton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2012
Doc's Request.
additional docs 29-08-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 8 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 10 2012
KJG said:
I feel your frustration FS....mine was transferred on June 20th....and nothing...no aor...just absolute silence....I cannot even track it...LOL...since it is sent by diplomatic courier!!! So I am waiting until August 15th...which will kill me...but then that is 8 weeks and I will start emailing Havana until they confirm they are in receipt of my file!!! It is not much but it is something at least....I really hate this feeling of not being in control!!!
All will get their approvals and learn to wait. The big difficulty is that people have expectations, think of what has to change outside of them and that because they paid money for a service, the service should be to their liking. CIC is not a one stop shopping experience, its a government agency. We do not know how and we do not need to know reasons why things are the way they are at CIC and VO's. Yes, we get emotional at times as we miss our loved ones. Nothing replaces love and the need of togetherness. Lets not critisize a system that has to handle thousands of applications, that has to weed out the sheisters from the mass of good people. What has to change is us. To learn patience, to know why we do what we do when we start the lengthy process. To learn to see the good in things and pass the bad. We should go be a Officer and than judge about laziness or not. We don't know and just think about ourselves. There is two things to be learned in this process. Patience and gratitude.
Canada is not perfect, but still the best place to be in this world. Could it be better? Everything can be improved, but not by impatience, critique and negativity. I bet everybody looses any interest on the immigration process once they land and go live their lives. Its just part of becoming a PR in Canada and its worth waiting for.