+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved TRV asking for passport submission

Jaanu

Nov 22, 2009
Can anyone guide me thru the process. I read many different comments as to where should the passports be submitted. in person, to LA, to NY.

I'm from NY and looking for the most efficient way.

Where should I submit my passport (Address) and if I should choose USPS for it (is paid return envelope necessary?)

thanks in advance

wolfcry

May 29, 2014
Jannu, congratulations. May I ask your timelines? When did you submit online and when did you get the passport request?
I read sending to NY consulate is the most efficient and cost-effective way.

Jaanu

Nov 22, 2009
wolfcry said:
Jannu, congratulations. May I ask your timelines? When did you submit online and when did you get the passport request?
I read sending to NY consulate is the most efficient and cost-effective way.
May 15th - applied online
June 2nd - passport requested

wolfcry

May 29, 2014
Did you ask for expedited service? I have seen people reporting that it took almost 2 months to get passport request. Thanks.

anks101

Feb 5, 2014
wolfcry said:
Did you ask for expedited service? I have seen people reporting that it took almost 2 months to get passport request. Thanks.
Its case to case basis. Took 4 days for me when i applied in Jan 2014.

wolfcry

May 29, 2014
I am worried for our applications. My parents are in US on tourist visas. We are going to an Alaska cruise trip on 7/24. They submitted their application online on 5/30. If it takes 2 months just to get passport request, we would never be able to make the trip! :mad:

Jaanu

Nov 22, 2009
anks101 said:
Its case to case basis. Took 4 days for me when i applied in Jan 2014.
Agreed!

I never had to use expedited service as i didn't need it.

Can someone tell me where to send my passport.

wolfcry

May 29, 2014
Thanks, Jannu. According to the following thread, people sent their passports to either VAC or Consulate in NY.

"Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times"

I cannot post link here, but search "approved online visitor" in the forum then you will see.

anks101

Feb 5, 2014
Jaanu said:
Agreed!

I sent mine to NY, probably because its closer to me. Just send passports (me and spouse), CIC letters requesting passports and USPS express mail envelope. Everything was sent in a single envelope. You should be able to locate NY address from the link provided in passport request letter

MannyBispo

Jun 4, 2014
Jaanu said:
Agreed!

You have need to check this link cic.gc.ca/submit it will help find out which office you need to send your passport to.