Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
next week :)
abhi101 said:
hydguy, your application was processed fast. I applied on 27th June and still waiting for any update on that. I have sent a mail also to few mail id's and got a reply saying "Your application is in progress"
dont feel sad,,i applied june 3th!!!!! and still nothing,,,online from us

abhi101

Jul 2, 2014
I got a mail saying "Please be advised your file is being processed at below office, where you may send your inquiry.
CPP-CTP-OTTAWA-TRV-VRT@cic.gc.ca"

Is it normal ? I thought that we get final response from same office (NY or LA office). I hope, there is nothing to worry. Any thoughts ?

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
i sent 2 emails to la office and ny office and nothing

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
chilldude
i applied june 3th,,online from us,,,go figure

abhi101

Jul 2, 2014
Finally I got message just now for passport. I applied on 27th June.
"This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure
to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your
passport.
To find out where to send your passport, visit our website: cic dot gc dot ca/submit"

I am still in dilemma if I will be able to travel or not. My travel date is on 17th July morning. I believe that if I send passport via courier, it will definitely not come back by 16th July.
Below VAC center is just 8 miles from my home --
Canadian Visa Application Centre – Los Angeles
2100 E. Grand Avenue
El Segundo, CA 90245 U.S.A.

Another question:- I had applied my wife's visa also along with me. If I submit it in person, will she also needs to go with me ?

Please suggest.

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They need the passport to issue the visa, a visitors visa is only valid up to the passport expiry date of the passport.

You wife will have to submit her application just like you did, you can do this at the CIC office in person or online. The timeline for getting approval is another matter.
If you are a U.S. resident or citizen this should be easy. US is a visa exempt country I really don't know why you even need a visa, you only need a valid passport that you can be issued quickly.

I know in Canada when I traveled and purchased a plan ticket I can get a passport the same day when I provided airfare to the CIC office. I don't know what the service is like in the U.S but I am sure it is also very good.

abhi101

Jul 2, 2014
I have been asked to send passport and El Segundo VAC office is just few miles from my home. Three questions, if anybody knows :-
1- If I go there and give them in person, will it speed up the process ?
2- Along with passport, what else should I carry while going there ? Any pre-paid envelope or something else ?
3- There is no provision to hand over OR pickup directly from Los Angeles Visa office instead of El Segundo ?

Jul 1, 2014
Hello All,

I applied online for TRV on June 27th, I got passport request yesterday i.e. 10th July.

Please can anyone guide me as how to send passports i.e. kind of envelope and all.

We reside in NY.

Its confusing the website says we have to pay some fees i.e. $34.10 for visa application etc.

Can anyone please tell me what steps to be taken after the passport request?

And can I send mine and my husband's passport in one packet?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

abhi101

Jul 2, 2014
I applied on 27th June. Got Passport request yesterday (10th July).
Today morning (11th July), I dropped passports at VAC center (El Segundo) and they gave me tracking number. I didn't opted for sending passport via courier. They charged 68.20 as fee for two passports.
Current status on tracking page is "Your current application status is Application Received by the VAC "
Not sure, how much it is going to take it.
"canadavisitor2014"- your mailbox is full, so couldn't send you message

hydguy

Jun 20, 2014
hydguy said:
I mailed passports of my wife & mom to NY VAC for stamping after I saw an update on MyCIC for passport request. Here's my timeline:

June 21 - Applied online and got 'Confirmation of Online Application Transmission' & 'Submission Confirmation' messages on MyCIC the same day.
Note: In the Purpose of Travel document, I requested to expedite the Visa process as my mom is leaving the US on August 2nd. Attached a copy of her flight ticket.
June 24 - Got Passport Request letter / message on MyCIC
June 25 - Mailed passports, fees (M.O), passport request letter to VAC NY / PO box
June 27 - VAC NY received the passports per USPS tracking, however, VAC did not provide any tracking # via e-mail or phone.
July 2 - Called VAC at (646) 741-0130 to inquire.
They said the passports were handed over to Consulate on July 2nd (i.e., today) for stamping and it takes 1-2 weeks to get them back.
They also gave tracking #'s for both applications.

Update 1:

July 4 - Application Status is Closed on MyCIC
July 8 - Per USPS tracking, VAC mailed both of my passports via USPS return envelope
Passport Expected Delivery Day: Thursday, July 10, 2014
Status on www.csc-cvac.com/en-US/selfservice/status:
Your current application status is Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the Applicant from the VAC
Update 2:

July 10 - Received both passports and both visas were stamped Multiple Entry till validity of the passport.

hydguy

Jun 20, 2014
canadavisitor2014 said:
Hello All,

I applied online for TRV on June 27th, I got passport request yesterday i.e. 10th July.

Please can anyone guide me as how to send passports i.e. kind of envelope and all.

We reside in NY.

Its confusing the website says we have to pay some fees i.e. $34.10 for visa application etc.

Can anyone please tell me what steps to be taken after the passport request?

And can I send mine and my husband's passport in one packet?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Check these instructions I posted on a different thread: http://bit.ly/1moJru9

Yes, you can send both passports to NY VAC in one envelope and also both payments (each USD 34.10) to PA PO Box in the second envelope. You will be needing 3 envelopes in all. Third envelope (self-addressed, postage paid) goes inside the first - this will be used by VAC to send both passports back to you.

Try USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope if you are not in a hurry.