+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying Outland while living Inland?

missbee

Oct 24, 2013
Hi All!

I had very helpful responses from my last post on whether to apply via inland or outland. Since I have decided on Outland, but am just a bit confused on how it works. I have been residing with my fiance for the past year and a half via a US visitor visa (resetting it every few months). As part of our proof of a genuine relationship, we have to prove we have been living together for at least a year, all of which was in Canada. So, my question is: When applying, do we fill out the information as of living together, but include me as having a separate US permanent US address?

any light shed on this process would be greatly appreciated!!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
missbee said:
Hi All!

I had very helpful responses from my last post on whether to apply via inland or outland. Since I have decided on Outland, but am just a bit confused on how it works. I have been residing with my fiance for the past year and a half via a US visitor visa (resetting it every few months). As part of our proof of a genuine relationship, we have to prove we have been living together for at least a year, all of which was in Canada. So, my question is: When applying, do we fill out the information as of living together, but include me as having a separate US permanent US address?

any light shed on this process would be greatly appreciated!!
You can, and probably should, submit an outland application. It will be quicker and give you the freedom to travel outside Canada during the processing. The fact that you are "residing" in Canada is not a block to an outland application. It also means that if they refuse to extend your visa, your application can continue.

missbee

Oct 24, 2013
Thank you Zardoz!

So, as far as the application is concerned do I list my American address on the form, but use my Canadian address in the proof of relationship portion? Sorry, just trying to wrap my head around how to fill out the paperwork :)

Thanks again!

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
missbee said:
Thank you Zardoz!

So, as far as the application is concerned do I list my American address on the form, but use my Canadian address in the proof of relationship portion? Sorry, just trying to wrap my head around how to fill out the paperwork :)

Thanks again!
If you plan to continue to reside with your fiance, then use that address. It won't matter where your address is for an Outland application. You want one they can get into contact with you not one you aren't around to check ;)

BubbOZ

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-11-2013
Med's Done....
With APP
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2014
LANDED..........
24-01-2014
Agree... Put only one address and use the Canadian one.

In our case we applied Outland through Sydney, AU and only provided our Canadian postal address.

Alurra71 said:
If you plan to continue to reside with your fiance, then use that address. It won't matter where your address is for an Outland application. You want one they can get into contact with you not one you aren't around to check ;)