+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applying in canada or outside....

adobres

Apr 8, 2012
HI there. I have already posted a thread earlier on. I thought I would post this one with a more focused question... Has anyone had experience with this:

I am canadian citizen and my wife is Australia citizen. I have been living at her house in australia the last 3 months on a working holiday visa. We have decided to move to canada and setlle for a while. We have plane ticekts for may 6th. We were rushing to get sposnorship applications and landed immigrant statas applications all ready to send before we leave, but now I'm not sure we can because I haven't got my NOA for recent tax year yet.. it should come in a a coujple weeks after we arrive in canada. Would it be wise to send ther applications from here in australia, then let them know I'll send in my NOA when it arrives. Or should we wait till we get to canada and do the applications there. What will be the differences? MOney? proccessing times? we only have one way tickets. Are the border guys going to be suspicious that my wife only has one way ticeket? Or will it be good enough to let him know we are applying for permanent resident etc... What could we show him to satisfy him?

any ideas?? comments?

thanks!

adobres

Apr 8, 2012
one more thing, when it asks if the person being sponsered lives in canada or outside of canada? thats confusing? how would they live in canada if they haven't got a perment resident visa yet?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
adobres said:
one more thing, when it asks if the person being sponsered lives in canada or outside of canada? thats confusing? how would they live in canada if they haven't got a perment resident visa yet?
They might be here on a work permit or study permit or something similar.

adobres

Apr 8, 2012
I think I just figured it out!!! Does this sound right? My wife can come to canada on a visitor visa and while we are together there we can fill out all the applicaions and still apply as "outland" doesn't mean she has to be physically "outland" seems like the good thing about this is she can travel while waiting, and the processing times are quicker, and there is right to appeal. the one downside is the chance she gets called for interview in australia which is a long way to go!! but it seems like they do that only if they question how genuine the relationship is. which I don't think we are going to have trouble with :) we did meet online but we are in love and had a beautiful wedding and there is lots of proof!

thank

Adam.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Sounds right.

Canstralian/Oznadian

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
09-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2013, arrived in Canada 13-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
That's right adobres. That is our situation. My Australian husband is in Canada with me on a visitor's visa. We'll probably have to extend it in June, but that's really not a problem, we have done it once before. Applying outland through Sydney VO once you're back in Canada and have your Notice of Assessment makes good sense. Sydney seems to be processing apps. fairly quickly.

KangaRuthie

Mar 15, 2012
I will be joining my Canadian fiance in Toronto in a couple of days. I'm Aussie, met him while there on a 2yr work visa, and am going over as a visitor.
To cover my ass, I got a US visa waiver and a bus ticket from Toronto to NYC ($16 with mega bus) to show I'm leaving the country if they ask.
Once married, we are going to apply "out-land" even though we will both be in Canada, and I will keep extending my visit visa.
I was very confused about the in-land/out-land until looking through and asking questions here on the forum.

If you are needing some guidance with the paperwork, I came across a thread (which is on the first page in the spouse section) by a Philippino lady Penelope or similar to that name...you will notice it by the 6000+ people who have read her post. She has done up a step by step guide-complete with photos-of how to compile your immigration paperwork!

Have a great day/night :)