+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying from within Canada

hazelm

Jan 3, 2009
I Plan on applying for my PR from within Canada, I am know that if my application is not approved for what ever reason I dont have any grounds to appeal and will have to leave canada. If this happens will I be able to reapply from outside canada if the problem with my application can be amended?

Thank you

Hazel

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For spousal sponsorship, you have 2 available types of application, inland and outland.

If you apply inland, you are in Canada and you are requesting that your file is processed in Canada. If you apply for a work permit at the same time, you may get it at the same time as your first stage approval which is in 5 to 6 months time normally. If there is a problem with your file, you may be refused and you would not have the option to appeal or your file also might get sent to a local office in Canada for further scrutiny and that may delay it for a year or more depending on how busy the local office is. While an inland application is in process, you are not advised to leave Canada since if you are refused to return for whatever reason, your application would automatically get cancelled since you are not in Canada anymore. With inland application if all goes well, you can have your PR in a year or maybe 1 and a half.

If you apply outland, regardless of whether you are in Canada or not, you can ask for your file to be processed in your homeland. Then it takes about a month to approve sponsor and then your file goes to your homeland. You can see the processing time at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp#europe and the average for London for example is 4 months and then you would actually get your PR. If they are suspicious of your application, they may call you in for an interview which would happen in London. If they refuse you, you can appeal but this may delay you up to a year. While you are applying outland, you can travel back and forth if you want to.

Whichever you do, make sure you are legal in Canada by applying to extend your visit visa before it expires.

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
April 26, 2012, ARC Request on August 31, 2012
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 07, 2009 (Original) April 30, 2012 (After appeal allowed)
Interview........
March 23, 2010 DENIED, Filed appeal September 2010
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
I believe that what he meant to ask was that: He will apply inland, but he is wondering what happens if his case gets denied? I bet he has to leave, but can he then apply again but from outland? this is what he meant, sorry for not having an answer for you buddy but someone will be able to help you there :)

Cheers!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wrote that in my answer, inland has no appeal rights. To clarify, if inland is outright refused, the person can go back their homeland and apply outland. However, inland has some disadvantages, for example not being able to travel. Anybody could have an emergency happen in their family and need to go back on short notice. That's why I would suggest applying outland unless it is more of an inconvenience for the person if they are called back for an interview than it is inconvenience to be stuck in Canada until the application is done with.

M

med

if your inland application is refused u have no right to appeal but you can apply from outland its no problem in that

hazelm

Jan 3, 2009
Thank you for the feed back on my question. As our family has spent too much time apart I decided to apply from within canada as I have already carted my 2 year old daughter back and forth across the ocean enough.