+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for PG/ master degree in Canada

ish11

Jul 8, 2014
Hi all,
I am here seeking your help to find a better course either in PG level or Masters degree in canada?
For your info, I am from Nepal and I have done Bachelors in Civil Engineering ( 67% marks), TOEFL - 89 ( R-21, L-26, S-18, W-24) plus 3 years of work experience.
I am looking to do either 2 year PG course or a master degree in any related subject of civil Engg but I cant find 2 yrs PG course in my subject. Would you help me suggest some universities and colleges ( 2 Yrs PG) where I can get admission with that credentials. Thanks in advance for your upcoming suggestions.
Waiting favorable reply ASAP....... :)

imcool1

Star Member
Mar 3, 2014
india
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 july 2014
IELTS Request
7.5 no less than 6.5
Med's Request
upfront
VISA ISSUED...
21 july 2014
LANDED..........
SOON
when are you planning to go ?

ish11

Jul 8, 2014
I am planning to go either on January intake or may Intake. i.e. the earliest I could get.

imcool1

Star Member
Mar 3, 2014
india
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 july 2014
IELTS Request
7.5 no less than 6.5
Med's Request
upfront
VISA ISSUED...
21 july 2014
LANDED..........
SOON
do you want to go for college or degree course ?

ish11

Jul 8, 2014
My first priority is University but with reasonable tuition ( not exceeding 15000 CAD per annum). But 2 yr PG course is also an alternative option for me that I thought of.

imcool1

Star Member
Mar 3, 2014
india
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 july 2014
IELTS Request
7.5 no less than 6.5
Med's Request
upfront
VISA ISSUED...
21 july 2014
LANDED..........
SOON
I dont think there is any university for 15000CAD , also diploma courses average fee per semester is around $3700 CAD , also you need to show funds like CAD $ 40000 in your account to get visa. if I were you , I would follow these steps

-> Decide the course, degree or college diploma.
-> decide your qualification eligibility for degree course if you want to go for degree as mostly degree courses needs GMAT or GRE.
-> apply for university admission which takes atleast 4 weeks to get reply from them , if college then 1 or 2 weeks maximum for admission.
-> gather all documents required
-> apply for visa.

TY

ish11

Jul 8, 2014
Thanks for the advice. I had seen some universities like Memorial University, University of Manitoba, University of Regina, University of Saskatchewan, university of Alberta, university of British Columbia, whose annual tuition are below 15000 CAD except that of University of BC. ( Correct me if I am wrong). But I heard that their requirements are above 70%. Thats why my question is " Can I get admission to these universities with 67% marks?

Please also suggest me some Canadian colleges offering 2 Yr PG course in any field related to Civil Engineering?
Thanks.....

ish11

Jul 8, 2014
Anybody here please give some feedback for me. I am going to apply for masters degree related to the field in civil Engineering in Canada. Please suggest me some universities in which I might get admission with the following credentials and reasonable too.

From Latest:
Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering ( 67% marks) - A 4 year course
Diploma in Civil Engineering (71.50 % marks) - A 3 year course
TOEFL- 89 ( R-21,L-26,S-18,W-24)
GRE - 304 ( Quantative - 158, Verbal- 146, Analytical - 3.5) if necessary

I am From Nepal

Thanks..............

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
No one can guarantee and say that you will get admission. You will never know until you apply. Why don't you email the grad or program coordinator of that university to seek advice and chances of admission. Look for U of Ottawa, Carleton U, U of windsor,

ish11

Jul 8, 2014
mizan776 said:
No one can guarantee and say that you will get admission. You will never know until you apply. Why don't you email the grad or program coordinator of that university to seek advice and chances of admission. Look for U of Ottawa, Carleton U, U of windsor,
Thanks Mizan for the reply. But what about the University of Regina or University of Manitoba? What are my chances there? And what's the acceptance rate of those Universities?

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
Manitoba is very very competitive. There was a thread here couple of days back about students protesting in Manitoba with regards to admission GPA cut off for international students. If you can google maybe you can find out their admission policy is very hard.

Regina you might have sleek chance. Not a guarantee. I had undergrad CGPA 3.43 which is 84%. Still I got rejected in Regina

ish11

Jul 8, 2014
mizan776 said:
Manitoba is very very competitive. There was a thread here couple of days back about students protesting in Manitoba with regards to admission GPA cut off for international students. If you can google maybe you can find out their admission policy is very hard.

Regina you might have sleek chance. Not a guarantee. I had undergrad CGPA 3.43 which is 84%. Still I got rejected in Regina
Thanks for your suggestion Mizan. I am thinking to apply University of regina as well as Windsor. Could you please let me know the annual tuition in these universities?

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
Regina is cheaper total will be around CAD 16-18K for 2 years
Windsor as I mentioned in the other post CAD 25500 for 2 years.

ish11

Jul 8, 2014
mizan776 said:
Regina is cheaper total will be around CAD 16-18K for 2 years
Windsor as I mentioned in the other post CAD 25500 for 2 years.
Really . I am shocked. My Consultant was providing information that the fees for University of Regina bills between CAD $ 16K-18K per year. Note per year???? I have some discussion with them before too regarding the Tuition Fees of the Universities when I saw around CAD $ 8K - 9K per year but they argue me saying that it is just a term fee and they have the updated ones. That means they ( CANAM Consultants) are creating me confusions by telling that Universities are expensive so that I would opt for PG course in College. Thank God I cross check here with you . Thanks for your info Friend.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
ish11 said:
Really . I am shocked. My Consultant was providing information that the fees for University of Regina bills between CAD $ 16K-18K per year. Note per year???? I have some discussion with them before too regarding the Tuition Fees of the Universities when I saw around CAD $ 8K - 9K per year but they argue me saying that it is just a term fee and they have the updated ones. That means they ( CANAM Consultants) are creating me confusions by telling that Universities are expensive so that I would opt for PG course in College. Thank God I cross check here with you . Thanks for your info Friend.
well ur consultant is lying unless he is adding living expenses with it too......concordia has 26k tuition for 2 years. roughly 13k per year, consultants want u to go to college as they get money for sending students to college . I think most universities will be under 15k per year if ur doing masters and not MBA. u should check out university websites for details rather than believing consultants blindly.