Apr 14, 2021
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi all,

I have a question regarding applying the first passport outside Canada.
On the requirement checklist, one of the item is "your most recent Canadian travel document: passport, certificate of identity, or refugee travel document".
I am wondering whether it is acceptable if I do not have any of this document to provide. The item does not have "(optional)" attached to it
so I am afraid that I may have a problem. Does anyone have an experience doing this before? Can we totally skip to provide this item?

Thank you for your suggestion!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi all,

I have a question regarding applying the first passport outside Canada.
On the requirement checklist, one of the item is "your most recent Canadian travel document: passport, certificate of identity, or refugee travel document".
I am wondering whether it is acceptable if I do not have any of this document to provide. The item does not have "(optional)" attached to it
so I am afraid that I may have a problem. Does anyone have an experience doing this before? Can we totally skip to provide this item?

Thank you for your suggestion!
You don't have drivers license, health card?

Reactions: foodie69

Oodda

Apr 14, 2021
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Which section in that form?
Page 4, Section C Requirement checklist
item5 () Your most recent Canadian travel document (passport, certificate of identity or refugee travel document) issued to you, valid or expired

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Page 4, Section C Requirement checklist
item5 () Your most recent Canadian travel document (passport, certificate of identity or refugee travel document) issued to you, valid or expired
That's the instruction page for your understanding, not to be submitted. Only Page 1-3 is the actual application form.

Also that point is valid in case of passport renewal not for first passport.

Reactions: Oodda

Oodda

Apr 14, 2021
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
That's the instruction page for your understanding, not to be submitted. Only Page 1-3 is the actual application form.

Also that point is valid in case of passport renewal not for first passport.
Ahhh so it is not a compulsary item for the first passport then.
Thank you so much! appreciate your suggestion.