+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

apply for TRV while application for PR in process

Ramki

Dec 19, 2007
I am planning to apply for a visitor visa for my wife while the application for PR is already in process in NewDelhi.

Its been more than a month & we haven’t heard anything so far on the status of the file. I wanted my wife to come n visit me for 3 weeks during the holiday season & then go back to wait for the immigration papers to come from the high commission.

1. Will this negatively affect the process of Immigration if she’s rejected a TRV?
2. What can I show to prove that she will return back to India after visiting me ?
3. what are the chances of my wife getting a TRV in a situation like this?

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Ramki said:
I am planning to apply for a visitor visa for my wife while the application for PR is already in process in NewDelhi.

Its been more than a month & we haven't heard anything so far on the status of the file. I wanted my wife to come n visit me for 3 weeks during the holiday season & then go back to wait for the immigration papers to come from the high commission.

1. Will this negatively affect the process of Immigration if she's rejected a TRV?
2. What can I show to prove that she will return back to India after visiting me ?
3. what are the chances of my wife getting a TRV in a situation like this?

Thanks
1. She can apply for a TRV but the chances are somewhere between slim and none that she will get one.
2. Have you received the approval/refusal letter from Mississauga?
3. She will only hear from Delhi if they require an interview, more information or for her to submit her passport.

PMM

Ramki

Dec 19, 2007
Thanks for your reply.

yes I did receive the approval from Mississauga as a sponsor two months ago. My file started processing in Delhi from 1st week of Nov & we havent herad anything so far.I ahve given the mailing address here in Canada for my wife which might cause additional postal delays when they send the letter requesting for passport.

I am still double mided whether to apply for her TRV or not as I understand chances are slim. I might just state everything in my invitation letter & hope for the best!

Thanks

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
4 year old post and no visited?

I have applied 3 times TRV and rejected and I am going to apply for the fourth time!