+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for canadian tourist visa from usa

pdxoregon

Aug 25, 2017
Hi,

I hold a Pakistani Passport living in the US on H4 Visa. Submitted application on August 1st, 2017. Got the Bio metric letter in a few days. Finished Bio metrics on August 11th,2017. As of today I haven't heard back anything on the online portal. I would have expected to see an update at least saying that they received my bio metrics but that hasn't changed, it still says waiting on Bio metrics and a lot of other stuff like (background check) to process my application. I am concerned that the bio metrics never got to them (no idea but can't think of anything else). I have tried emailing at (Question@cic.gc.ca) and have had no response also submitted a web form since the avg wait time is 20 days which is past already.

Contacted the VAC center already both in NY & LA (they are of no help since they only come in the picture after the visa is approved) and the passport is sent to them for stamping.

Is there any thing else that I can do to find out if my Bio metrics even got to them. Called the Bio metric center here (Portland, Oregon), they could provide me with NO information. All I have is my Bio metric letter with a stamp proving that I got them done on August 11th. I have tickets booked out of canada on Sept 9th and I am concerned if my visa will be issued along with the stamp on my passport before that.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

I hold a Pakistani Passport living in the US on H4 Visa. Submitted application on August 1st, 2017. Got the Bio metric letter in a few days. Finished Bio metrics on August 11th,2017. As of today I haven't heard back anything on the online portal. I would have expected to see an update at least saying that they received my bio metrics but that hasn't changed, it still says waiting on Bio metrics and a lot of other stuff like (background check) to process my application. I am concerned that the bio metrics never got to them (no idea but can't think of anything else). I have tried emailing at (Question@cic.gc.ca) and have had no response also submitted a web form since the avg wait time is 20 days which is past already.

Contacted the VAC center already both in NY & LA (they are of no help since they only come in the picture after the visa is approved) and the passport is sent to them for stamping.

Is there any thing else that I can do to find out if my Bio metrics even got to them. Called the Bio metric center here (Portland, Oregon), they could provide me with NO information. All I have is my Bio metric letter with a stamp proving that I got them done on August 11th. I have tickets booked out of canada on Sept 9th and I am concerned if my visa will be issued along with the stamp on my passport before that.
You can be sure that your biometrics have been forwarded to the visa office. It's probably just a delay in updating the status/processing your application.

Writing to Question@cic.gc.ca won't help. You must email the LA visa office:
los-angeles-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Reactions: mohitgupta_2001

Documitra

Oct 8, 2024
United States
Category........
VISIT
To apply for a Canadian tourist visa from the USA, you'll need to gather necessary documents, complete an online application, pay the visa fee, and schedule an appointment at a Visa Application Center. Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria and provide proof of your ties to the US to demonstrate your intent to return. For detailed instructions and specific requirements, visit the official Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website.