+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied Online - IRCC WEB FORM SELECT APPLIED INSIDE OR OUTSIDE CANADA?

anonymous88

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
So I applied online. I had a look at the IRCC Web Form.
When you want to report something they ask you if you applied from an office inside or outside of Canada.

I applied online selected outside of Canada since I AM outside of Canada however that brings up info which looks really much more applicable to persons who physically applied at an office outside Canada paper based.

Thus my question, since I applied online should I simply select applied from within Canada
since the information requested looks much more relevant, and im sure the application probably went straight to a server inside Canada which then forwarded it to God only knows which office somewhere in the world if not Canada itself.

Also can anyone tell me what the difference is between these two options:

AND

Many Thanks

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

The Web form is for both paper and online submissions.

You've made the wrong selection here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

You must select 'Yes' for 'Is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada'?

You cannot select 'No' because you have not applied from within Canada i.e. your country of residence is not Canada. That's why the tool is leading you to 'Visitor Record'

Cheers

anonymous88

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
You must select 'Yes' for 'Is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada'?

You cannot select 'No' because you have not applied from within Canada i.e. your country of residence is not Canada. That's why the tool is leading you to 'Visitor Record'
Hey Bryanna I hope you get paid for all the advice and help you give for everyone on this forum or you are just a very nice person :)

Bryanna I do believe you are wrong, if I select Yes I applied at a visa office outside Canada (which I never did, I applied online) I get the following before being allowed to enter my information

Note how they say "You have submitted an application at a visa office abroad" I never did that -- I applied online, the highlighted phrase to me means that, you made a physical paper application...!?!?

You have helped me a lot, so I would like to say thanks in advance, I will wait and hope you can give me a last bit of help and reply within 24-hours if not I am going to select the option I applied inside Canada, which basically ticks all the relevant fields to my situation having applied online,

Any other advice also very welcome and appreciated.

Cheerz

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hey Bryanna I hope you get paid for all the advice and help you give for everyone on this forum or you are just a very nice person :)
I'm just happy to help if I can :)

Nah, I'm not wrong. You have applied at a visa office abroad. Even if it is an online application.

You are not in Canada at the moment, are you? No. Of course, you're not in Canada. That's why you're applying for a TRV to enter Canada LOL

You're unnecessarily complicating/confusing matters for your own good. When the IRCC webform states you applied to a visa office abroad, it means you are physically outside Canada. As you live in Thailand, your visa office is Bangkok.... and I'm pretty sure Bangkok is a city outside Canada LOL

Anyone who wants to contact the relevant visa office must use the webform (Case Specific Enquiry). Do select 'Thailand - Bangkok' as your visa office from 'Asia and Pacific' region in the drop-down selection menu.

Keep it simple :p

Last edited: