Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-10
Med's Done....
June 2010
Yes it looks like that

I am from New Zealand

I did have a one year working holiday Visa that also said "DOES NOT AUTHORIZE RE ENTRY" but I did go to the States and the Dominican Republic without any issues

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is a visitor record, not a visa.

It specifically states it does not permit re-entry.
IMO if you leave Canada, you may be refused entry, so you would lose your PR application.

I am risk averse, so I would not travel.

kieran123

Star Member
Jul 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-10
Med's Done....
June 2010
Baloo said:
That is a visitor record, not a visa.

It specifically states it does not permit re-entry.
IMO if you leave Canada, you may be refused entry, so you would lose your PR application.

I am risk averse, so I would not travel.
That truly sucks. Can I apply for anything that will allow me to leave and come back?

Why was I allowed back into Canada with my Work Visa which said the same thing?

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All I can show you is this, from the CIC web site:

Warning: If you leave Canada before permanent residence is approved there is no guarantee that you will be allowed to return or re-enter Canada.
This is especially true if you require a visitor visa.
Your application may be refused or delayed if you no longer have temporary resident status to qualify as a member of the Spouse or Common-law partner in Canada class.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289E10.asp

One of the pitfalls of choosing inland.

Please understand that I am not stating you cannot leave, just that I would not.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
CharlieD10 said:
Inland first stage approval is taking around 9 months.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

They are working on applications received in May 2010 now, so you still have a ways to go.
Actually based on those currently receiving AIP. Over the course from January to February it went from taking a little less than 9 months to now taking approximately 9 months and 22 or 25 days. So it is closer to 10 months.

kieran123, please come join our thread we can assist you with any questions you have. We are like family over here and get through this tough wait together. Click this link herehttp://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-applications-2010-t48144.0.html
Looking forward to talking with you. :)

kieran123

Star Member
Jul 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-10
Med's Done....
June 2010
Ok.....so I just finally got through top the phones at the VISA office and I asked if I was allowed to go down into the states for a holiday and return and he said this is fine as long as I have that visitor record visa, my passport and another form of I.D

I then asked about how it says that it does not authorize re-entry and he said as long as I have my passport and other I.D it will be fine.

I assume this is because New Zealanders do not require a VISA to enter canada...ie. we are VISA exempt

He also said to being my letter of employment and the letter that immigration gave me stating I am still allowed to work under implied status as well as letters and bills with my Canadian address on them

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The helpline do get things wrong sometimes, but it may be answered here.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5551E2.asp

May I leave, then re-enter Canada?

In order to return to Canada, you must be in possession of a valid passport or travel document. You also need to hold a valid study or work permit if you are returning to study or work in Canada.

If you are a citizen of a country that requires a temporary resident visa (TRV) to travel to Canada, you will also need to be in possession of a valid entry visa to return, unless:

you are returning to Canada following a visit only to the United States or St-Pierre and Miquelon; and
you return before the expiry of the period initially authorized for your entry or any extension to it, either as a visitor, student or worker.
Possession of these documents does not guarantee re-entry. All persons must establish that they meet all of the requirements of The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations before being authorized to enter or re-enter Canada.

Note: Citizens of the U.S. do not require passports or travel documents to enter or return to Canada. Permanent residents of the U.S. do not require passports or travel documents if they are entering or returning to Canada from the U.S. or St. Pierre and Miquelon. However, both must provide documentary proof of citizenship or permanent residence such as a national identity card or an alien registration card.

kieran123

Star Member
Jul 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-10
Med's Done....
June 2010
Baloo said:
It may be answered here.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5551E2.asp

May I leave, then re-enter Canada?

In order to return to Canada, you must be in possession of a valid passport or travel document. You also need to hold a valid study or work permit if you are returning to study or work in Canada.

If you are a citizen of a country that requires a temporary resident visa (TRV) to travel to Canada, you will also need to be in possession of a valid entry visa to return, unless:

you are returning to Canada following a visit only to the United States or St-Pierre and Miquelon; and
you return before the expiry of the period initially authorized for your entry or any extension to it, either as a visitor, student or worker.
Possession of these documents does not guarantee re-entry. All persons must establish that they meet all of the requirements of The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations before being authorized to enter or re-enter Canada.

Note: Citizens of the U.S. do not require passports or travel documents to enter or return to Canada. Permanent residents of the U.S. do not require passports or travel documents if they are entering or returning to Canada from the U.S. or St. Pierre and Miquelon. However, both must provide documentary proof of citizenship or permanent residence such as a national identity card or an alien registration card.
:S I don't have a work visa, just a letter saying I am allowed to work under implied status....

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok, I don't want to add to the confusion too much :)

"implied status" normally becomes void when someone leaves the country.

It may be different due to the letter that you hold.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The people at the call centre aren't perfect and neither are the IO's and it is always up to the IO if they let you in or not. You are now under implied status you say. Baloo is right, normally you lose implied status if you leave Canada. The IO could feel that he should not let you in because your work permit is essentially expired and he should not let you in as a visitor either because you are not coming as a visitor, you are planning on staying permanently. It is your risk to take. Maybe you will be fine, then again, maybe not.

If the IO doesn't want to let you back in, you will lose your application but you could then apply outland.

kieran123

Star Member
Jul 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-10
Med's Done....
June 2010
What would I do if I wasn't allowed in? Stay in the states?

This is a nightmare haha

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Is it an ABSOLUTE emergency situation? (do or die type of circumstance)
If not, I personally don't see it as a risk worth taking. We all miss home and I haven't seen family/friends or home in 2 years either.
You have a few more months to wait it out to find out about AIP and personally I would wait at least until then. If you are wanting to travel to see friends or family, have them come visit you maybe? Surely they understand the circumstances you are under. And truthfully it is more dangerous and risky trying to come back when you are only on "implied status". Nothing is guaranteed when you cross the border even being visa-exempt. As Leon stated, they potentially have more on you now based on the fact that your only way of having status at the moment is "implied" and you aren't technically visiting anymore so they don't have to let you back. If a border officer doesn't like the way that appears then he can send you packing. Is a couple weeks visit worth the waiting and work you have already put into this application and have it be thrown away? Really think on it. Unless it is an emergency back home then I can't see why the friends/family can't visit instead and you wait a bit longer. It really won't be too much longer until you have an answer.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kieran123 said:
What would I do if I wasn't allowed in? Stay in the states?

This is a nightmare haha
I suppose you could go to any country that will have you or back to NZ and apply outland if this happened. However, you are talking about a trip that is not supposed to happen until February next year? You should have first stage approval by then. With your first stage approval and open work permit, your status would be stronger than your implied status is now and it would be less risky to travel.

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Hi Kieran,

I am also from NZ and applied inland..found out just before I got fist stage approval it would have been faster to apply outland through Sydney (7 months in total for PR- but heard people got in 4 months!!!) I would have PR by now for sure if we had known but you live and learn. I am not taking the chance to leave till I get PR but as Leon said your case would be stronger after AIP. When I got OWP they gave me 2 years..hoping that doesn't mean I will need to use it :) Have heard the security checks from NZ can be a pain for the CSIS here and they have to get 3 letters from different departments. When I frist applied the first stage approval was 6 months and I know other kiwis here who got PR in 1 year so definitely been getting worse.
I think with implied status it becose void if you leave the country so hang in there for a few more months. Which province are you in as once you get AIP you can take some courses etc maybe even French if you are interested!
Come on over to the inlanders thread (there are 2) as LY suggested, many people going through the same thing and can help to hear about others experiences. LY also has a chart for everyone who applied in 2010 so you can see the progress.

I hope that if you had any family or friends in Chch that they are ok.

Best of luck