+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for visitor visa since the 19th of May in the US and still waiting!!

Thamerms

Jun 29, 2015
Hello,

I have applied for my self and my wife since the 19/May last month and we provided our biometrics at ASC. We hold Saudi Passports with F1 visas.

The status at GC key account is still the same since we provided our biometrics on the 21st of May.

Is this normal? We have sent few emails to the Canadian consulates in New York and Los Angeles but we didn't receive any response yet.

How can we know where is our applications processing?

In case the applications is processed in New York consulate, can we presently get the visa stamp there?

Or do we have to send it by mail even if we are in New York?

We really appreciate any feedback.

nick82

Jun 30, 2015
I am in the same boat, however, it has been that long since I applied but there has been no status changes and the application still shows Open and everything else says Not Started/Not Required even though the biometrics has been done.

I applied on June 14:

Application/profile status - Open
Review of medical results - Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents - No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview - Not needed at this time
Review of biometric information - Not needed at this time
A final decision has been reached - Not Started

There is no way to see what is the normal processing time for online visa application. Can someone share a contact where this information is available or contact where we can send an email?

Thamerms

Jun 29, 2015
Thanks for sharing your experience. There is a page at CIC website showing the average processing times by region for visitor visas.

Just search in google (CIC processing times).

The problem is, not knowing which visa office has your application. Moreover, they don't reply any emails even if the applications took more than the average times on their website.

I personally spoke to few others here in the US who have applied for TRV in April and May. All of them got their visas in between three weeks to one month!!

Honestly, we are frustrated with the way we are treated.

Doaa84

Jun 23, 2015
I am in the exact same boat, applied on May-11, submit my biometric right away and still waiting as of today July-3, I called CIC and they informed me that my application was sent to NY office at May-14. I called newyork office and they said that it takes 41 business day not calendar days to process an application.
But they also said that they do not have any information about application submitted online.
Need to be in Canada in July 13, not sure if I will make it.

Doaa84

Jun 23, 2015
Unfortunately, and after waiting 59 days and 41 business days (new york office processing time). My visa was rejected because I did not scan my whole passport (All Visas and stamps).
It was a mistake from my side I just wished they rejected it sooner to give me enough time to re apply or just request additional documents. really unfair I missed my workshop. :( :mad:

Thamerms

Jun 29, 2015
Doaa84 said:
Unfortunately, and after waiting 59 days and 41 business days (new york office processing time). My visa was rejected because I did not scan my whole passport (All Visas and stamps).
It was a mistake from my side I just wished they rejected it sooner to give me enough time to re apply or just request additional documents. really unfair I missed my workshop. :( :mad:
I'm sorry to hear that!! But thank you very much indeed for sharing your case.

Catherine27

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Doc's Request.
25-02-2016
AOR Received.
No AOR1 / AOR2: 21-01-16
File Transfer...
SA by mail 30-12-2015 (letter date: 14-12-2015)
Med's Request
28-08-2015
Passport Req..
28-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
10-03-2016
I have applied since 17 June and I dont receive my answer yet.

I sent an email 10 days ago and they didnt give me any information about my application.

I am scared because in my check list there is nothing about copies of the whole passport. I sent all my past and current passport but I didnt get copies.

Any help?

Thanks a lot.

EhsanAhmad

Jul 23, 2015
I applied on June 9th and just got a passport request letter today but another letter too asking for Schedule1 anyone know what to do

Rhzuhair

Aug 25, 2013
I applied online from Bay Area California for visitors visa for myself and my wife on 19th June 2015 on our Pakistani Passports.We provided finger prints on 22nd June.Our previous visa was stamped by LA office in August 2013 after 35 days processing on line but it expired with our passport in March 2015.You got visa by 23rd July on your application of 9th June ie after 44 days.Should I also expect it after 44 days ie 3rd of August.

Catherine27

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Doc's Request.
25-02-2016
AOR Received.
No AOR1 / AOR2: 21-01-16
File Transfer...
SA by mail 30-12-2015 (letter date: 14-12-2015)
Med's Request
28-08-2015
Passport Req..
28-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
10-03-2016
Hello guys!!

Well, it seems like I am not the only who is waiting for long time. I wrote a email to VSFglobal and the told me that the delay i because it is a high seaon and they have a lot of appcations.

Now, just to have patient and continue waiting with all positives waves.

Good luck to all of us.

Thamerms

Jun 29, 2015
Finally we received our visas last week after 73 calendar days and 52 business days of waiting from the Canadian Consulate in New York.