+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi said:
Hi friends, I am also joining your long journey here. My full app has been received by Buffalo office on Jan 11, 2010. Yet to get AOR from them.
Welcome,

As you could read in previous posts, our journey has just begun, my application was received by Buffalo in Dec-30-2009. I haven't get my AOR which I am expecting it within the next 2 weeks, and then, grab a really comfy couch or sofa my friend because is going to be a long wait.

I believe your AOR should come by the first or second week of February.

Good luck

Miyo

Jan 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2010
ELAR said:
Hi guys,

I am a new member and very pleased to join you in this journey!!!

. My full application was received by Buffalo today and signed by CARLAND. My timeline is as following:

Country of Residence: Canada
Status in Canada: foreign worker with Work permit
Category: FSW2 arranged employment
Visa Office: Buffalo

Application received to CIO in Nov 13 2009
ARO CIO Sidney: Jan 18, 2010
Full application received per Buffalo: Jan 21, 2010
2nd ARO: waiting

When will I start hearing from them? What is the usually lead times? does someone know?

Thanks and good luck to everyone.
Dear,
We are the same situation but i havn't ARO from CIC yet. I would like to know if you sent IELTS result to Buffalo or not? I haven't attent IELTS yet. :( I think it should take about more than 1 month.
Good luck to you!
Miyo

ELAR

Oct 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2009
Doc's Request.
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
April 28, 2010
File Transfer...
In process at Buffalo: Aug 17, 2010
Med's Request
Oct 27, 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 4, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 24, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 26, 2011
LANDED..........
May 26, 2011
Thanks Miyo, yes I submitted the original IELTS results along with the app.

Would you please share your timelines? when did you full app reached Buffalo?

USCAN

Jan 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkCan said:
Good to see a few of us from 0711. Keep in touch via this forum. We gotta stick together.

Mark
:D :D
nice to know. Lets do it guys n keep posted

Bardcir

Sep 2, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2009 sent to Nova Scotia
Doc's Request.
full application sent to Buffalo in August 2009
AOR Received.
October 2009
Hey Friends,

I was looking over Trackitt timelines to see if I get any clue about the processing time at Buffalo after AOR. Unfortunately, Trackitt is so confusing. However, it seems that Buffalo takes between 7 to 8 months to request for Medical from the day that they transferred the file to Buffalo office. Is there anyone to acknowledge that.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Best of luck to anyone.

P

pv

Atleast not here we heard abt any case of 2009 getting close ... most of them are with AOR only..

there is a member 'rupeshari' who mentioned about some movement on files at buffalo ( Jan-09 till March -09) not sure still, we have not got any new information on this, so just hoping

7-8 months time line for Medical from buffalo.. may be the old story now, if any Jan-09 or Feb 09 case gets medical or PPR request now then we can say it may take 12+months for medical and etc....

makla

Sep 4, 2009
I would like to join this thread. I filed my application on 12/11/2009 from USA. Visa Office mentioned in Buffalo, USA. No response from CIO yet.

londonOntario

Star Member
Jan 14, 2010
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,
I am about to file my application to buffalo next week.
I am under FSW 2, have arranged employment offer and currently working in canada on a work permit.

Does anyone have any idea when i could expect my PR as my work permit will expire by may. ? ? ?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
londonOntario said:
Guys,
I am about to file my application to buffalo next week.
I am under FSW 2, have arranged employment offer and currently working in canada on a work permit.

Does anyone have any idea when i could expect my PR as my work permit will expire by may. ? ? ?

Unfortunately, if your work permit expires on May 2010, there is no way to get your application processed before or even by that date. It will take at least 12 months just to start processing your application at Buffalo. Therefore, if you send your application this February 2010, do not expect any kind of communication from Buffalo after the AOR before 12 months. You will have to find your own way to extend your temporary residence status in canada (work,... study permits or whatever it was) and it has nothing to do with your PR application at Buffalo.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Bardcir said:
Hey Friends,

I was looking over Trackitt timelines to see if I get any clue about the processing time at Buffalo after AOR. Unfortunately, Trackitt is so confusing. However, it seems that Buffalo takes between 7 to 8 months to request for Medical from the day that they transferred the file to Buffalo office. Is there anyone to acknowledge that.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Best of luck to anyone.
The way Buffalo is working currently, you shouldn't expect a response for at least 12 months after Buffalo receives your application. Buffalo is extremely slow at the moment. Even 2008 cases have yet to be resolved.

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
makla said:
I would like to join this thread. I filed my application on 12/11/2009 from USA. Visa Office mentioned in Buffalo, USA. No response from CIO yet.
Welcome to this thread. Since Buffalo is very slow to respond these days, this forum is the only hope for some to get an idea as to what to expect in the near future.

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
pv said:
Atleast not here we heard abt any case of 2009 getting close ... most of them are with AOR only..

there is a member 'rupeshari' who mentioned about some movement on files at buffalo ( Jan-09 till March -09) not sure still, we have not got any new information on this, so just hoping

7-8 months time line for Medical from buffalo.. may be the old story now, if any Jan-09 or Feb 09 case gets medical or PPR request now then we can say it may take 12+months for medical and etc....
The way it is going right now, even late 2008 cases have yet to receive medical requests. I only know of one case from 2009 that has been asked to submit medicals, and that person has employment in Canada.

Mark

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
It appears a substantial number of January 09 and Feb 09 cases have received medical requests. What is not clear is whether most of these are with arranged offer of emplyment or under work permits etc. in Canada or not.

I for one think this forum may have to delink post Feb 09 cases from the past since it is actually post Feb 09 cases are the ones with the Sydney- Buffalo route. So far Buffalo appears to be doing cases that it has directly received and it is those cases that are causing frustration in the forum for their slowness. We may see a totally different time frame for submissions made via Sydney route.

Also please check the Govt. web site - I think it estimates anywhere between 6-18 months for Buffalo in its latest update.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/01-all.asp

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Honolulu said:
It appears a substantial number of January 09 and Feb 09 cases have received medical requests. What is not clear is whether most of these are with arranged offer of emplyment or under work permits etc. in Canada or not.

I for one think this forum may have to delink post Feb 09 cases from the past since it is actually post Feb 09 cases are the ones with the Sydney- Buffalo route. So far Buffalo appears to be doing cases that it has directly received and it is those cases that are causing frustration in the forum for their slowness. We may see a totally different time frame for submissions made via Sydney route.

Also please check the Govt. web site - I think it estimates anywhere between 6-18 months for Buffalo in its latest update.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/01-all.asp
The estimates on the website are very generic -- it does not tell ya what category of FSW the faster cases were under. If I was you, I wouldn't even let this raise any hopes. I would think it is very individual. Some cases could take 12 months after being received, some cases much much longer than that. Also, a lot of these cases could be provincial and those with employment in Canada. Usually, if you are gainfully employed in Canada, your case is processed faster. Or if a province nominates you, your case is processed faster. I suspect that FSW1 & 3 are the slowest in terms of processing.

Mark

ELAR

Oct 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2009
Doc's Request.
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
April 28, 2010
File Transfer...
In process at Buffalo: Aug 17, 2010
Med's Request
Oct 27, 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 4, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 24, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 26, 2011
LANDED..........
May 26, 2011
professional 1 said:
Unfortunately, if your work permit expires on May 2010, there is no way to get your application processed before or even by that date. It will take at least 12 months just to start processing your application at Buffalo. Therefore, if you send your application this February 2010, do not expect any kind of communication from Buffalo after the AOR before 12 months. You will have to find your own way to extend your temporary residence status in canada (work,... study permits or whatever it was) and it has nothing to do with your PR application at Buffalo.
Hi Professional1 and LondonOntario, I am in the same boat as LondonOntario (FSW2 arranged employment with work permit) but mine's dues on Jan 2011. A question for professional1, what did you mean with "...and it has nothing to do with your PR application at Buffalo"?. I am almost sure that I will have to renew my work permit before it dues as CIC web page states that FSW2 applicants must have their valid work permit at all times in the PR process (before and after visa stamping).

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks and the best wishes for everyone here...