+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

Yarla7bh

Sep 12, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 23, 2009
AOR Received.
May 06, 2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
Aug 04, 2010. NY
Med's Request
Oct 26, 2010
Med's Done....
Dec 09, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
MarkCan said:
Yarla:

I don't think you need state clearances. You just need one overall clearance. You can re-check on the CIC website as well. I am pretty sure it is single clearance. At least that is what I did after checking with the CIC website. Good luck with document collection.
Hi MarkCan thanks for the reply.
I thought State Clearances (PCCs) are required in addition to FBI PCC. I checked on the CIC website and this is what is mentioned
---> In Quotes "Applicants should provide a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) certificate with fingerprints. State certificates may also be requested. The Visa Office will advise you if state certificates are required in your case."

So i guess either i wait for the reply and see what they need OR spend some bucks to save some time and go ahead with the state clearances from all 4 states where i lived more than 6 months.

Please let me know if other seniors have also applied/submitted state PCCs.

Thanks in advance for your time and suggestions

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Yarla:

Well, I have worked in a few states too but did not submit any state level clearances nor was I asked for it. I am speaking from my personal experience. What is required is one main clearance. You just gotta remember, if you have any record anywhere, it will show up in that clearance certificate so state-level makes no sense to me, unless they SPECIFICALLY ask you for it.

Yarla7bh

Sep 12, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 23, 2009
AOR Received.
May 06, 2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
Aug 04, 2010. NY
Med's Request
Oct 26, 2010
Med's Done....
Dec 09, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
MarkCan said:
Yarla:

Well, I have worked in a few states too but did not submit any state level clearances nor was I asked for it. I am speaking from my personal experience. What is required is one main clearance. You just gotta remember, if you have any record anywhere, it will show up in that clearance certificate so state-level makes no sense to me, unless they SPECIFICALLY ask you for it.
MarkCan, even i felt the same......FBI Clearance should reflect anything and everything regarding a Criminal background Check in USA. It would be weird if a record shows up on State PCC and not on FBI............No Clue why they would need State PCCs.
I guess i will apply for the FBI PCC first and wait for AOR to see if they ask for the State PCCs..........

Appreciate you time....
Thanks

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is another new case for new delhi office got finalized within 3 and half months:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/got-the-visa-t27838.0.html

Application reached ND office on 16 july and passport received with visa stamped on October 24 exactly: 3 months and 8 days.

lucky applicants in ND visa office.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Yep Professional1:

Guess we are stuck with Buffalo while ND applicants make plans to start a new life in Canada. It is kinda sad to see Buffalo in slumber. If I have to make an educated guess today, I 'm gonna say that Buffalo applicants will take more than a year to get their visas, unless by some fluke someone gets it within 12 months.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Btw, I have yet to come across any applicant from Buffalo (who filed in any month of 2009) who has gotten his/her visa. Changing visa offices at this stage might not be the best option.

ben24

Star Member
Oct 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2009
Doc's Request.
11-01-2010
AOR Received.
13-08-2010
IELTS Request
WAIVED
File Transfer...
26-08-2010
Med's Request
19-09-2011
Med's Done....
25-09-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
10-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2012
LANDED..........
May 2012
I have just send my forms to NS office on 24th oct and i see that buffalo is slumber in processing can i change it to new delhi now???

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
I believe it is a little late for that ben4. Best to stick to Buffalo now.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have not even seen any 2009 Buffalo applicant who got his medicals, Unfortunatly, Buffalo applicants have to pay the price of the new category CEC which is taking all of the attention and concentration of the working capacity at that office.

zoom.84

Star Member
Sep 18, 2009
Thanks Markcan for ur advice.
I have one more question regarding this.
As I mentioned in my last post that I have submitted my application to Buffalo Visa office and they have confirmed receipt of the application & gave me a new file number. The current status of my application is now shown as “RECEIVED BY VISA OFFICE”. As per the CIC website, the next milestone in the process is “VISA OFFICE ELIGIBILITY REVIEW COMPLETE”.
How long does it usually take for this eligibility review to be completed ?

enzodino

Mar 28, 2008
Hi All,
So I sent my perm residency application on Aug 20th 2009 and got through my response and confirmation/File number on Sept 4th. I then got thgouth my initial assessment and instruction to complete medical on Oct 14th and I booked in and compleded my medical on Oct 15th. I just spoke to my Doctor and he said that he fedexed the medical results down to Buffalo on Thursday, so he expects they have arrived today. I was informed by Buffalo that I will not need to attend an interview. Seems as though I may have progressed through this process quite quickly so far. Anyone have any idea how long I wikll have to wait for next contact now that my medicals are with Buffalo and according to my doctor are all fine?

Thanks!

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
enzodino:

Congratulation man, is your application under the federal skilled workers, if yes what is your NOC, because it is really fast to be processed by Buffalo as per your timeline ! you will be the first one from 2009 applicants i have ever seen who got his medical from Buffalo!

For your question, if everything is ok, you should receive your passport request within 2 to 3 months i think.

best of luck for you.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
By the way guys, i have just checked my e-case status with the new file number from Buffalo, it was activated by CIC just today,because since i received it from Buffalo last week, it was not working untill today morning. now both file numbers from Buffalo and CIO show the following:

"Received by Visa Office " and when i click on that link i see the following :

We received your application for permanent residence on June 8, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on August 19, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Buffalo office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the Buffalo office on August 25, 2009. The Buffalo office may contact you.

enzodino

Mar 28, 2008
yep, I am a skilled worker and have been in Canada on a sponsored work permit for the last 3 years. NOC number is 1223. I am currently undrer implied status and need to leave the country for business next month, so I am hoping that they will be able to issue me with my perm residency when i come back through the border on Nov 25th. Even if it is another couple of months it will mean that i completed the whole process start to finish in about 4-5 ,months...which seems to be very quick?