+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

harpreet81

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
15-06-2010
AOR Received.
09-11-2010
IELTS Request
Scored 7.5
File Transfer...
14-10-2011 To Seattle
SriToronto said:
I submitted my full application package to Buffalo visa office on 16th June 2010 and I have not received any acknowledgement letter from them nor my profile has been updated as Application received by the visa office. Please advise me.
Thanks
We are in same Boat Buddy... see 5-6 replies above to same question from me.. here is what i got:
<< Thanks Jattu1980 and Avayalenovo for replies >>
1:-

Hey Harpreet,
Hang in there. It might take some time for you to hear about the next step. For me it took almost 4 months after file was sent to buffalo to get any movement and be transferred to NY.
Good luck!

2:-

I think you're doing just fine. The e-cas status will be updated few weeks after you receive your AOR from Buffalo. (at least this was my experience).

You should expect to receive the AOR from Buffalo anytime soon. Mine took 2 months after they received my full application. Good luck!

sazid

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ,

Today only i checked my ecan status it says in process, what that mean . Can i except request fro medical anytime. Please let me know the seniors of the forum Professional1, markcan

thanks

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo--&gt;&gt; New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011&gt;&gt;advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012 :)
Hi SriToronto,
Buffalo received my full documents May24 and no update neither 2nd AOR from them. There are some applicants that sent their application first week of May yet no reply either. So I guess all we need to do is wait...wait...and wait.... :( :( :(
Godspeed!

Anne55
SriToronto said:
I submitted my full application package to Buffalo visa office on 16th June 2010 and I have not received any acknowledgement letter from them nor my profile has been updated as Application received by the visa office. Please advise me.
Thanks

mafoi

Mar 8, 2010
I saw a few people's cases transferred from Buffalo to New York. My case was transferred to NY on July 20. Based on your seniors' experience and your crystal balls, when I should expect the med request?

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
jattu1980 said:
You are welcome small duck! :)
BTW, your file transfer date shows 2009 in your signature :D
Thanks for noticing the mistake! I just changed it :)

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
sazid said:
Hi ,

Today only i checked my ecan status it says in process, what that mean . Can i except request fro medical anytime. Please let me know the seniors of the forum Professional1, markcan

thanks
"In Process" just means that they have started processing your case or that your case in is queue for processing. However, it does not guarantee a medical request. If during processing they find that the person in question does not meet the requirements, they can make a decision right away. Having said that, if you do receive a medical request (considering all your documentation is proper and you have 67 points), it will be within 3-6 months of the file being "In Process". Lately, Buffalo has slowed down. Don't be surprised if it takes longer now. Enjoy your time while you wait for the medical request. Hope that answers your question. Cheers.

Mark

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkCan said:
"In Process" just means that they have started processing your case or that your case in is queue for processing. However, it does not guarantee a medical request. If during processing they find that the person in question does not meet the requirements, they can make a decision right away. Having said that, if you do receive a medical request (considering all your documentation is proper and you have 67 points), it will be within 3-6 months of the file being "In Process". Lately, Buffalo has slowed down. Don't be surprised if it takes longer now. Enjoy your time while you wait for the medical request. Hope that answers your question. Cheers.

Mark
Hey Mark, any update on your status? Have they received your medicals, fingerprints and other documents? Did you get a PPR yet?

Anil_Toronto

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2009 (Nova Scotia - Centralised Intake Office)
AOR Received.
14-01-2010 (at Buffalo)
File Transfer...
11-05-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Request
11-08-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Done....
12-08-2010 (Toronto)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
Hi All,

just thought i will throw in my status details to give everyone an idea of the processing for my case.

I got my 2nd Acknowledgement that my file is being transferred from Buffalo to NY on 11th May. The status on e-cas at this time was Received by Visa office. The email i received stated that the file is being processed for expedited processing and the visa office would not be able to provide me with any status for the next 90 days incase i contacted them.

The above status showed up until 28th May when on e-cas it changed to "In process". I havent heard anything on them yet. This coming 11th (Aug) will complete the 90 days they suggested me that they should not be contacted. Maybe i will wait till the end of Aug and request for a status update.

As per the experienced members, some cases get processed faster depending on quite a few factors. I just wish the wait is fruitful and ultimately pay for the delay. Wish a few of you can relate the timeline with proximity/closeness to my transfer/ processing dates.

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo--&gt;&gt; New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011&gt;&gt;advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012 :)
Thanks for sharing Anil!
Theres a long Que in Buffalo...
Cheers!

Anne55
Anil_Toronto said:
Hi All,

just thought i will throw in my status details to give everyone an idea of the processing for my case.

I got my 2nd Acknowledgement that my file is being transferred from Buffalo to NY on 11th May. The status on e-cas at this time was Received by Visa office. The email i received stated that the file is being processed for expedited processing and the visa office would not be able to provide me with any status for the next 90 days incase i contacted them.

The above status showed up until 28th May when on e-cas it changed to "In process". I havent heard anything on them yet. This coming 11th (Aug) will complete the 90 days they suggested me that they should not be contacted. Maybe i will wait till the end of Aug and request for a status update.

As per the experienced members, some cases get processed faster depending on quite a few factors. I just wish the wait is fruitful and ultimately pay for the delay. Wish a few of you can relate the timeline with proximity/closeness to my transfer/ processing dates.

Yarla7bh

Sep 12, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 23, 2009
AOR Received.
May 06, 2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
Aug 04, 2010. NY
Med's Request
Oct 26, 2010
Med's Done....
Dec 09, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Anil_Toronto said:
Hi All,

Anil_Toronto,

Thanks for posting your status & details.......appreciate it.

Good luck to u n all

gmr

Jul 24, 2010
jattu1980 said:
As Honolulu said, it will take anywhere from 3-12 weeks for the medical request. I hope you get it soon! :)

How much time does LA office takes after the medicals are done

sazid

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkCan said:

Mark
Thanks mark for your reply, hope the wait is fruitful.

mark_immi

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does NY VO is also taking 3 months...anyone here got medical recently from NY VO?

MarkCan said:

Mark

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
mark_immi said:
Does NY VO is also taking 3 months...anyone here got medical recently from NY VO?
No, NY visa office is much quicker. I got my medical request in 20 days after my file got transferred to NY.

mark_immi

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
great..mine shows In Process from 27th July, I hope some good news in August :)
Pasi said:
No, NY visa office is much quicker. I got my medical request in 20 days after my file got transferred to NY.