+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
News flash:
Yes, we got our Visas.
Went in person to Buffalo.Entered building at 8 am.
Staff was very courteous.
The process took one hour and was handed in the passports with a warm congratulation!!!
Landing in December and looking forward to reports of other landing experiences.
My thanks and my love to you all.
For those who wait, never forget that PATIENCE is key.
Yes, your turn will come.

Anil_Toronto

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2009 (Nova Scotia - Centralised Intake Office)
AOR Received.
14-01-2010 (at Buffalo)
File Transfer...
11-05-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Request
11-08-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Done....
12-08-2010 (Toronto)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
lovE2Wait said:
Guys,

Two questions for you which i hope someone can help me clarify:

1 - Do medical requests come in written form via regular mail, e-mail, or both?
2 - If my online status changed to "In Process" early June, ideally when should i be expecting medical requests?

Naturally any other information regarding the process will be very helpful.

Thank you all in advance!

TO my knowledge and sharing from the members of this group, i have been told the meds request comes in mail and not email. After the status has been changed, it could from 14 days - 3 months or even more depending how the case be. For me - my status changed to in process on 11th May...now am way over the 2 month period...its a waiting game and patience is the key!!!

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Honolulu said:
News flash:
Yes, we got our Visas.
The process took one hour and was handed in the passports with a warm congratulation!!!
Landing in December and looking forward to reports of other landing experiences.
Great dude.. congrats to you and your family :)

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
garian4u said:
Guys, my medical experience. The DMP was a nice person but the office staff as well as the whole concept seems to be borne out of greed. It took me 30 minutes to complete the paperwork, while the whole medical process was over in the next 45 minutes. The blood reports seem to come in a week (too long) and overall they said they will be sending over the results to Ottawa in 2 weeks, after which Ottawa itself takes 4-6 weeks to let Buffalo know. When I insisted that I need faster delivery of my medical results to Ottawa, they got a FedEx waybill prepared for me and charged me another extra 50 USD (over and above the fees of 476 USD per person). Anyways, as far as the horror stories of stripping goes, I was definitely stripped and the DMP mentioned it was standard procedure to check for hernia. Some of the tests done were - vision, ear, flexibility of hands and legs, blood pressure, X-ray (2), urinalysis. Almost all results they could tell right then, except the blood test results.
Dude, I just want to mention one point here. When I did my medicals, I also asked to send my results faster in some other courier instead of sending through USPS. The lady in the DMP office told me that they dont use courier service because the results contain your x-ray and USPS has a safer way of sending it. Since this is crossing the border, all packages will be X-ray scanned before they enter Canada. But our X-ray should not be scanned, if done, nothing will be on the film. She gave me a 5 min lecture on this and I decided I will not complicate anything. Just thought of letting you know.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
canadacanada said:
Finally, I got my VISAAAA !!!

Thanks to this forum...it was way to helpful and some folks are really good at guiding..God Bless ya'll.
Congrats canadacanada!!! Keep this group posted on your landing plans.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Honolulu said:
News flash:
Yes, we got our Visas.
Congratulation my friend!
Got my SIN yesterday and applied for Health insurance this morning. My job interview was scheduled for today (2:30pm). I am getting ready because I have one hour powerpoint presentation for faculties, staffs and students. I'll keep you guys update.
Cheers,

Anil_Toronto

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
14-01-2010 (at Buffalo)
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
12-08-2010 (Toronto)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
beauhoe said:
Got my SIN yesterday and applied for Health insurance this morning. My job interview was scheduled for today (2:30pm). I am getting ready because I have one hour powerpoint presentation for faculties, staffs and students. I'll keep you guys update.
Cheers,
Good luck with the interview!!!

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Go Beauhoe!
Mesmerize them.

Anil_Toronto

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
14-01-2010 (at Buffalo)
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
12-08-2010 (Toronto)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
Honolulu said:
News flash:
Yes, we got our Visas.
Congrats to you too buddy!! Have a great trip down here....

sidcan

Jun 11, 2010
Finally Status changed from "In Process" to "Decision Made"....hopefully it's a good sign and will receive the passports back soon !

WaitingForPR_09

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
January 2011
My DMP had sent the results via UPS and they did it with out special request or additional charges. now I am worried about what your were told by package being x-rayed.

Any one in this forum, for whom the results were sent via UPS and have received the passport request or visa approved? Please share your experience.

Pasi said:
Dude, I just want to mention one point here. When I did my medicals, I also asked to send my results faster in some other courier instead of sending through USPS. The lady in the DMP office told me that they dont use courier service because the results contain your x-ray and USPS has a safer way of sending it. Since this is crossing the border, all packages will be X-ray scanned before they enter Canada. But our X-ray should not be scanned, if done, nothing will be on the film. She gave me a 5 min lecture on this and I decided I will not complicate anything. Just thought of letting you know.

WaitingForPR_09

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
January 2011
Congratulations Honolulu.... :) :)

Honolulu said:
News flash:
Yes, we got our Visas.

WaitingForPR_09

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
January 2011
All the best Buddy.... share the good news soon !!!

beauhoe said:
Cheers,