+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nn000 said:
here is my experience of getting PR visa and landing

I arrived in Buffalo at 9AM and walked to HSBC center. There was no line up for Canadian Consulate at the main lobby. I took the elevator and went straight into the office. At the "window", I handed over my passport/photos/file number. I didnt have my PPR letter. The lady gave me a number and told me to wait. An hour later, I was called up. The lady gave back my passport with visa+COPR/2 photos (they took only one photo) and asked me to check the COPR paper before leaving.
Landing:
After getting my visa at Buffalo office, I took Greyhound to Toronto. I informed the bus driver about my intend to "land". Arriving at Fort Erie, the bus driver let me go inside first. A nice officer handled my papers. He asked me a few questions
"You look happy. You must be here for landing?"
"Have you ever been in Canada?"
"Where do you work in Toronto?"
"DO you have proof of funds"
I gave him bank statements and letter of employment. He took them and never actually checked them. He then processed the paperwork, asked me to sign the COPR paper and if I have anything to declare. He checked the photo on COPR to make sure it's fit for PR card and and advised that the PR card will be mailed to my place in 4 - 6 weeks.
After that he handed back the passport and my documents. He also reminded me about SIN and Health care applications.
The whole process was very straight forward and took less than 10 mins.
Sweet! I am leaving tomorrow. By the way did you get your bank statements back?
Thanks,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi said:
Guys, I checked my USPS express mail tracking just now and saw that my passport return package has been shipped from NY today. It should reach me by tomorrow :)
Great! Wish you all the best...
Take care my friend,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cathy2381 said:
For those who are waiting too see if the MEDICAL RESULTs have been received by OTTAWA and Visa Office... here's an update

I emailed LOS angeles last monday inquiring about my medical result. This afternoon @ around 4pm email was sent to me informing me that they received my medical result and my application is pending for final review.

My ECAS didn't change it is still in process... I believe if your DMP sent the results 1st or 2nd week of June, chances are the results are already forwarded to VO and they just not updating thier system yet.

So for those who are waiting....just be patient!

Thanks and Godbless!
Congratulation! I am sure that your ppr will be there soon.
Cheers,

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
garian4u said:
Excellent news Pasi. So end to end, your Buffalo journey was indeed for 6 months, right? Hearty congrats and keep posting updates.
Thanks dude. Yes, I sent my second set of docs in Jan 1st week. So it is little more than 6 months... Luck has favored me little more than some of our friends here. But looking at the speed, I feel all our guys will get their PPRs soon.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi said:
Professional1, whats up man.. where have you gone.. you seem to be missing for the last few days.. no updates yet?
Same questions here! Maybe he is busy with someone... Hey Professional1 tell the lady that we need you back in this forum just to let us know that you are doing okay. That was a joke, I do remember that sometimes you are working 13hrs/day. Just to let you know that we miss you.
Cheers,

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
cathy2381 said:
For those who are waiting too see if the MEDICAL RESULTs have been received by OTTAWA and Visa Office... here's an update

I emailed LOS angeles last monday inquiring about my medical result. This afternoon @ around 4pm email was sent to me informing me that they received my medical result and my application is pending for final review.

My ECAS didn't change it is still in process... I believe if your DMP sent the results 1st or 2nd week of June, chances are the results are already forwarded to VO and they just not updating thier system yet.

So for those who are waiting....just be patient!

Thanks and Godbless!
Cathy,

When did Ottawa receive your results? I am just trying to figure out if I should email them too or wait a bit more. Thanks in advance.

Mark

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
beauhoe, apologies if you have answered this already. Can you share your plans for tomorrow? are you flying or driving? what is your point of entry?

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Thread sticky :D

Hi Guys,

I know that there is a great level of anxiety when you cannot determine the status of your medical exams.
Here's my take on it from the experiences I went through and the responses I have been monitoring on this thread and others:
Well typically the DMP sends them to Ottawa, our medical center and then the process of review kicks in and ends with Buffalo receiving them or asking for them when all other aspects of their own review are over.

No information will be given to us on the status on the phone at Ottawa.
It is clear to me that the staff there have been instructed not to give the status and they merely will be polite without divulging status.
Emails to the satellite Visa centers are generally getting some favorable response (telling status etc.) and is your best bet in case your files are transferred to Detroit, New York, Los Angeles etc. Again Buffalo itself may tell you your status if you ask, but will usually also add lines like "we cannot inform when the review will be complete."

What to do:
Just hang in there. The time frame between medical exam and ppr is anything between one to three months from our collective experience.
Some Visa office/s/ers decide faster than other.
Begin to get concerned only when three months have passed ( I myself took more than three months)

Bottom line(s):
1. Unless you have a long pending background check,
you will get your ppr in three months or less.
2. If you have a background check pending your Visa office will tell you in response to your query

Finally the magic line "Medical results received" will not necessarily appear in your ecas as soon as your Visa office gets them. So do not panic if it is not showing up. I understand from a post by Sr. Quorax elsewhere that some other agency deals with updating ecas status and will do it at their own pace. Also it is not necessary that updates happen on Mondays only. Wednesdays, Thursdays - in fact even Fridays or any day of the week are OK for ecas status update. (My own medicals received status came online one week after my ppr)

Yes, the whole PR application process is a roller coaster ride with many ups and downs and mainly a test of our patience and trust. If we have given accurate information and backed it with proper documents on our applications we should be through between 6 - 10 months from the date Buffalo receives our packet. Medicals included.

Good luck to those who wait. I KNOW what you are going through. My prayers are with you

cathy2381

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
MarkCan said:
Cathy,

When did Ottawa receive your results? I am just trying to figure out if I should email them too or wait a bit more. Thanks in advance.

Mark
I had called call centre 4x but it doesn`t show on their system if Ottawa rcvd my medical result. Its my Visa office verified that they have it already...thanks!

Yarla7bh

Sep 12, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 23, 2009
AOR Received.
May 06, 2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
Aug 04, 2010. NY
Med's Request
Oct 26, 2010
Med's Done....
Dec 09, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Pasi said:
Guys, I checked my USPS express mail tracking just now and saw that my passport return package has been shipped from NY today. It should reach me by tomorrow :)
Pasi,
Thats great news..!! Your timelines are very encouraging to people like me. My initial application to CIO was on 22rd OCT 09, just a month behind you. Hope things move for me in the right direction....

Good luck

parulkrish

Oct 19, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 26,2010
AOR Received.
March 09,2010
File Transfer...
August 04/2010 to New York, IN process 30/08/10
Med's Request
November 8, 2010
Med's Done....
December 6, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 17, 2011
LANDED..........
HI, Vollog
when did you applied to CIO?

I see two case today they transfred to NY and and one of you.

Can you please explain in detail your timeline please?

vollog

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
parulkrish said:
HI, Vollog
when did you applied to CIO?

I see two case today they transfred to NY and and one of you.

Can you please explain in detail your timeline please?
my second AOR recieved March 10. My case is file late Jan