+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Honolulu said:
Friends! The much awaited PPR came through this morning by the email at 7:21!!

I cannot tell you how grateful I am to you all for sharing this bewildering roller coaster ride, adding rich information and reassuring me when I felt all lost and confused.

For those for wait, no doubt with a great sense of urgency and anxiousness in their hearts, I can say God hears our prayers and certainly responds one fine day.

May your lives be blessed and may every one of your dreams come true.

Conogratulations and wish you the best of luck. really great news !

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012 :)
Congrats Honolulu!
Cheers! :D

Anne55
Honolulu said:

I cannot tell you how grateful I am to you all for sharing this bewildering roller coaster ride, adding rich information and reassuring me when I felt all lost and confused.

For those for wait, no doubt with a great sense of urgency and anxiousness in their hearts, I can say God hears our prayers and certainly responds one fine day.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Honolulu said:

This is great news, honolulu. Accept my hearty congratulations. And don't disappear now that you have gotten it :) Keep us posted of new developments (journey to Canada etc.). God willing, I will see ya there.

Mark

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Thanks Professional.
You are always full of really good information.
We will see you soon as a proud holder of the sought after Visa sticker!

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
December 29th
Thanks Anne,
Hold on and you'll reach the goal as well!

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
December 29th
Cheers Mark! And thanks a ton!
This thread has been my "home" away from home :p
Yes we should all meet together - just as you suggested some time back.
God speed with your Visa!

PS No, I certainly will not disappear!

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dream23 said:
please,correct me, if i am wrong..
but it looks like (assuming other things being equal) that the most important date is not second AOR( from Buffalo) ,but the date when the file was trasfferd to Buffalo from CIO.
I compare my case to garian4u's..
1)Garian4u : transfer date dec 10, 2009, 2nd AOR(Buffalo) 29 March 2010, today's status "in process"(since june18,2010)
2)mine : dec 22, 2009, 2nd AOR(Buffalo) 17 March 2010, "recieved by visa office"

thanks
dream23, Firstly, the file transfer date doesn't say anything, because that is the electronic file transfer date from CIO Sydney. That date is always 7-10 days after CIO Sydney issues you an AOR. However, when does Buffalo receive your full application package is more important, because that is the time when they actually get to review your application from. For example, if someone submitted his/her full application package on the next day after receiving 1st AOR and someone who submitted it on say the 120th day from the 1st AOR. In the first case, Buffalo would have got roughly 4 months more to review your application and take any action on it, so processing timelines are bound to differ by roughly that much time. Secondly, every case is treated differently and although some timelines may come out to be similar, but there is no guarantee for that.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Honolulu said:

Great news Honolulu :D Many Congrats !!! I am hoping to get similar news at least from Professional1 and Pasi sometime soon. Let's see how the count of this thread continues. Anil Toronto, where did you disappear?

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
December 29th
Garian thanks buddy!
Yes, I am certain Pro and Pasi will give us the good news soon.
And of course you will too.
God Speed!!

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Honolulu said:
Garian thanks buddy!
Yes, I am certain Pro and Pasi will give us the good news soon.
And of course you will too.
God Speed!!
When do you intend to move to Canada, honolulu? Any plans yet?

Mark

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
December 29th
I was tragetting December 2010, Mark.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sazid said:
I heard it from cousin he stays in canada.
sazid, corazon3 and all other forum members, this news is indeed true and I don't know how different people (at different stages of processing) will be affected by this decision. The 38-list is now a 29-list. NOC Code 0213 is gone. Now there are only 2 categories of FSW, rather than the earlier 3. And to top it all, there is now an annual cap both on the number of applications that will be received for FSW and also the number of cases per NOC that will be processed.

http://canadagazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2010/2010-06-26/html/notice-avis-eng.html#2
http://canadagazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2010/2010-06-26/html/notice-avis-eng.html#REF3

Cap on the number of applications to be processed per year

A maximum of 20 000 Federal Skilled Worker applications, without an offer of arranged employment, will be considered for processing each year.

Within the 20 000 cap, a maximum of 1 000 Federal Skilled Worker applications per National Occupation Classification (NOC) code will be considered for processing each year.

In calculating the caps, applications will be considered in order of the date they are received. Applications received on the same date will be considered for processing having regard to routine office procedures.

For the unique purpose of calculating the caps, the first year will begin on June 26, 2010, and end on June 30, 2011. Subsequent years will be calculated from July 1st to June 30th, unless otherwise indicated in a future Ministerial Instruction.

torontonian2010

Mar 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2009
Doc's Request.
15-01-2010
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
File Transfer...
03-08-2010
Med's Request
08-09-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2011
LANDED..........
26-05-2011
garian4u said:
sazid, corazon3 and all other forum members, this news is indeed true and I don't know how different people (at different stages of processing) will be affected by this decision. The 38-list is now a 29-list. NOC Code 0213 is gone. Now there are only 2 categories of FSW, rather than the earlier 3. And to top it all, there is now an annual cap both on the number of applications that will be received for FSW and also the number of cases per NOC that will be processed.

http://canadagazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2010/2010-06-26/html/notice-avis-eng.html#2
http://canadagazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2010/2010-06-26/html/notice-avis-eng.html#REF3

Cap on the number of applications to be processed per year

A maximum of 20 000 Federal Skilled Worker applications, without an offer of arranged employment, will be considered for processing each year.

Within the 20 000 cap, a maximum of 1 000 Federal Skilled Worker applications per National Occupation Classification (NOC) code will be considered for processing each year.

In calculating the caps, applications will be considered in order of the date they are received. Applications received on the same date will be considered for processing having regard to routine office procedures.

For the unique purpose of calculating the caps, the first year will begin on June 26, 2010, and end on June 30, 2011. Subsequent years will be calculated from July 1st to June 30th, unless otherwise indicated in a future Ministerial Instruction.
I don't think it would affect any of us whose cases are way passed the CIO INTAKE OFFICE sydney
because of this reason

Federal Skilled Worker applications (see footnote 1) [font=Verdana[u]]received by the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney on or after June 26, 2010[/u][/font], accompanied by the results of the principal applicant’s English or French language proficiency assessment, (see footnote 2) not exceeding the identified caps and that meet either of the following criteria shall be placed into processing:

torontonian2010

Mar 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2009
Doc's Request.
15-01-2010
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
File Transfer...
03-08-2010
Med's Request
08-09-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2011
LANDED..........
26-05-2011
ONE MORE ADD ON IT..

Applicants to the Federal Skilled Worker Program, the Canadian Experience Class or the Federal Immigrant Investor program whose applications are received by the designated Citizenship and Immigration Canada office on or after June 26, 2010, and which do not meet the criteria described above shall be informed that their application will not continue for processing and shall be returned with their processing fees.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeps, I now got the full reading of it. On the same page the below is mentioned as well:

These Instructions apply to applications received by the designated Citizenship and Immigration Canada offices on or after the Canada Gazette publication date.
All Federal Skilled Worker applications received by the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on a date prior to the Canada Gazette publication date shall continue to be considered for processing having regard to the first set of Ministerial Instructions.