4.3.11 IN PROCESS 26.7.11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
Pippin said:
Queencougar: It is good to have a backup plan (the spare tire in the trunk as mentioned on this thread many pages back), but giving PLAN A a bit more time may be prudent. In your own mind is there even a shred of reason why you could think CIO won't approve your application? I like Canady's tag line and think it applies in many cases. "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up"
Stay strong. It will happen.
We are not giving up, Pippin. My husband has a permanent job working out there and loves it, so we cannot gie that up and have him come home without trying everything ;)
There are no reasons at all that we can see that CIO would have a problem with our app. We took immense care, included everything on the list, had all the required documents notarised and got original transcripts and certified copies of birth and marriage certificates. We are squeaky clean, have buckets of points and husband's IELTS is high score and very recent.
This is why we are so confused about why we are being left behind :(
The PNP can be submitted and can run while the FSWCat 2 runs, but a contact who applied for PNP in November got his approval in December, so they are a whole lot faster than CIO. CIO might let us use the document pack we used for our FSW application and just change the designation, so that would make it so quick and easy. At $550CAD it is also not too expensive. We cannot wait for our Cat 2 much longer before we start this because my husband's TWP will expire at the end of August, so 5 months from now will be late enough. We will sort the forms this weekend if CIO do not give us PER before then.
Why have CIO stopped doing things for us? It is so frustrating and that is why we are starting this other path to give us another chance of happiness.
So, there will be two strings to our bow then and we will not be relying on just this.

CanadaJimmy

Nov 4, 2010
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
queencougar said:
We are not giving up, Pippin. My husband has a permanent job working out there and loves it, so we cannot gie that up and have him come home without trying everything ;)
There are no reasons at all that we can see that CIO would have a problem with our app. We took immense care, included everything on the list, had all the required documents notarised and got original transcripts and certified copies of birth and marriage certificates. We are squeaky clean, have buckets of points and husband's IELTS is high score and very recent.
This is why we are so confused about why we are being left behind :(
I can't believe how long it's taking. I sign on this topic every day, checking the spreadsheet in case I missed a post, waiting for that PER to arrive for you and Neil :( I'm still pretty sure there's nothing wrong with your application, just you've been very unlucky and been caught in some kind of backlog. It really does suck though.

The PNP can be submitted and can run while the FSWCat 2 runs, but a contact who applied for PNP in November got his approval in December, so they are a whole lot faster than CIO. CIO might let us use the document pack we used for our FSW application and just change the designation, so that would make it so quick and easy. At $550CAD it is also not too expensive. We cannot wait for our Cat 2 much longer before we start this because my husband's TWP will expire at the end of August, so 5 months from now will be late enough. We will sort the forms this weekend if CIO do not give us PER before then.
Why have CIO stopped doing things for us? It is so frustrating and that is why we are starting this other path to give us another chance of happiness.
So, there will be two strings to our bow then and we will not be relying on just this.
You could try PNP, I know I would have gone that route if I qualified, but I'm not sure how much faster it would be. It would suck to throw away $550 plus the other miscellaneous document fees. That being said, it'd be better to do it now so you can reuse the IELTS results.

The pressure from the TWP expiring is also unbearable at times so I can totally relate on that front as well, however your husband said that he has confirmed with the company that he'd be able to get another one if need be. I think once you're at a company most places like to keep their token British guy so I'm sure his job is safe :p

Fingers crossed for you as always. My thoughts go out to the others who are stuck on that same day as well.

lifeisGoOD

Jan 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 11,2010
AOR Received.
February 09, 2011
IELTS Request
incl. in submitted docs
File Transfer...
March 04, 2011
Med's Request
April 14, 2011
Med's Done....
May 23, 2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
July 20, 2011
hi mayankpandya,

here's a draft of my bank cert:

BANK CERTIFICATION OF DEPOSIT

This is to certify that as of xxx-xxx-2011 at xx:xx:xx (time),

Ms/Mr. xxxxxxx (Account Holder Name)

maintains the following account/s with the corresponding available balance/s, with BANK OF XXXXXXXXX (name of bank).

Checking Account (opened on *write the date*) $
Savings Account (opened on *write the date*) $
Time Deposit (opened on *write the date*) $
(** just add whatever type of account you have with the bank**)

This certification is being issued upon the request of the above client/s for whatever legal purpose it may serve.

Name of Manager
Position
Bank name and Branch

***My bank certification was typed on the bank's letterhead with the bank seal and the bank's electronic stamp of the total money i have with the bank ***

Hope this helps ;)

mayankpandya said:
Dear all,

I need general draft of Bank certification. I contacted my bank but they told me that they do not have any particular draft on it. Please let me know & post bank certification draft as soon as possible.

Waiting for early reply...

Regards,
Mayank

L

lawrence.roy

I think CIO, now started packing up the file (who got PER) for sending them to concern VOs by the Diplomatic Currier, and it is obvious because they don't want to stuck in the piles of files and want to clean each and every file before July 2011, so they can proceed with new files for the new year............so it is a pause for PERs to proceed with the ready to go files to concern VOs.

Lawrence

chima1980

Star Member
Oct 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October,27,2010
AOR Received.
PER received April 18th
IELTS Request
Included with app
punter said:
Finally heard from CIO....I had taken Academic IELTS....now I need to do the General Module and send the original in 120 days!!! They are working....just working very very slowly....
You have 120 days from the .....................................
Failure to submit the General Training IELTS test result within the next 120 days may result in your application being refused.
Dear Punter
I'm truly appreciated your post.
I also gave CIO the Academic module,too.Now it's time to prepare for General one.
Quick question.
1.Your BD have been cashed or not.
2.Can you provide excactly the letter from CIO.Did they mention about your points?

Chima

CanadaJimmy

Nov 4, 2010
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interesting. Some people did Academic IELTS (for some it was a requirement of their intended job) and were accepted...

Also I agree with you lawrence, pretty sure thats why things have slowed down.

grimreaper

Oct 24, 2010
Hi all,
I'd got a message earlier from the CIO that my application was sent back on Nov 30 as it did not make into the 1000 cap. I've not received my package still, am getting concerned. Any idea why it is taking so? I'm based in India.

carl128

Jul 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010 and received 08-09-2010; PER received 08-03-2011
AOR Received.
March 31, 2011
IELTS Request
Feb 25, 2011
File Transfer...
RBVO-April1, 2011
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
May 31, 2011
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully in 2011
punter said:
Finally heard from CIO....I had taken Academic IELTS....now I need to do the General Module and send the original in 120 days!!! They are working....just working very very slowly....
This refers to your application for permanent residence to Canada which was received at this office on XX XXXX 2010
At the initial assessment of your application, we have determined that you have included an Academic IELTS test result with your application. However, only the General Training IELTS test results are acceptable for immigration to Canada. For additional information, please check our website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp
In order to continue the assessment of your applications, you must submit the following document:
IELTS test original results – GENERAL TRAINING option (not Academic option)
You have 120 days from the date of this letter to submit an original “General Training” IELTS test result. Your application will be assessed based on the information submitted.
Failure to submit the General Training IELTS test result within the next 120 days may result in your application being refused.
Hi there I just received the same content..So that explains my delay..

Ill try to book an exam late january or early feb. Good luck to you.

This is really stressful, but the bright side is at least its not a NER.

carl128

Jul 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
March 31, 2011
IELTS Request
Feb 25, 2011
File Transfer...
RBVO-April1, 2011
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
May 31, 2011
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully in 2011
Guys, I need your opinion on this.. I have the same email content as punter..

stated there " at the initial assessment of your application"....does it mean that after 4 months they havent evaluated us?

carl128

Jul 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
March 31, 2011
IELTS Request
Feb 25, 2011
File Transfer...
RBVO-April1, 2011
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
May 31, 2011
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully in 2011
I think Academic IELTS from september onwards are not accepted anymore, they were a bit lax on the june- August applicants, that is why applicants from those months were accepted. :'(

carl128

Jul 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
March 31, 2011
IELTS Request
Feb 25, 2011
File Transfer...
RBVO-April1, 2011
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
May 31, 2011
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully in 2011
My wait is over for now, Ill book a GT module hopefully by late january or early feb.

Hi Rina and queencougar, I am still hopeful that you will receive your PER. Good luck

kuwabunsi

Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with App
punter said:
This refers to your application for permanent residence to Canada which was received at this office on XX XXXX 2010
At the initial assessment of your application, we have determined that you have included an Academic IELTS test result with your application. However, only the General Training IELTS test results are acceptable for immigration to Canada. For additional information, please check our website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp
In order to continue the assessment of your applications, you must submit the following document:
IELTS test original results – GENERAL TRAINING option (not Academic option)
You have 120 days from the date of this letter to submit an original “General Training” IELTS test result.
Your application will be assessed based on the information submitted.

Thanks for sharing.

L

lawrence.roy

CanadaJimmy said:
Interesting. Some people did Academic IELTS (for some it was a requirement of their intended job) and were accepted...

Also I agree with you lawrence, pretty sure thats why things have slowed down.
I am little worried after reading this reply from CIO about General IELTS, coz I have submitted Academic one......

and the next available date for the General Testing is in mid Feb and March in Toronto and near areas, so complicated for me.......after 4 months I have come to know about the General IELTS testing requirnment and the avaialble dates for the tests are not available in near dates, I wonder, if CIO will ask me for new General one, and give me 120 days timeline and possible that the next available date for test would be after 120 days..... :eek:

too many hurdles to come.....everyday new problem comes and makes worst senario (for me actually :) ;D)....

sometime, I think goto some other countries and explore myself there (I have got job offer in Kenya in August 2010, is there any forum for PR to Kenya....) ......I am lost now..no positive thoughts in the bag!!!!

Thanks eve1 for the information, at least we are awake and helping eachother.. God Bless!!

Lawrence

mperei02

Aug 1, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Social Worker
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/12/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
20/6/2011
Med's Request
Currently ECAS shows in process since 26 Aug 2011
Med's Done....
20th September Completed / Received 7th October.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 Jan 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jan 2012
LANDED..........
May 2012....returned Nov 2012
Hi Guys...my BD has been honoured on 14th of Jan...Yahooooooo

sethi104

Mar 11, 2009
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2010
Doc's Request.
29-12-2010
AOR Received.
1st 10-03-2011, 2nd 06/04/2011
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
04-04-2011
Med's Request
03-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-10-2011
Interview........
God Knows
Passport Req..
03-10-2011 SENT ON 10-10-2011 RPRF Encashed 27th Oct. DM oN 6TH Nov.
VISA ISSUED...
03/11/2011
LANDED..........
Hi to all.

I have dispatched my file for FSW with AEO on 21th December 2010 from, India via DHL and which was recieved by CIC office on 29th December. I have email them for the status of my application and they haave send me reply after five days tht:

Good Morning,

RE: FILE# Bxxxxxxxxx

Be advised application is currently awaiting review.

Thank you

Whts this file no means , Is this my file number.

thx.