4.3.11 IN PROCESS 26.7.11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
johnyusa said:
IMO, appl;ication could be complex in various ways, not by just the number of people. We are just 2 people in our application, no need to hide that. Complexity could arise from living in mutliple countries, doing multiple jobs, clarity of the job duties, how hard it to to contact the employers, i mean it could be number of ways to make the application complex.

But i think you will get PER soon as there can be a change of +/- couple of days. I would worry if its about 2 weeks from now.
Our app was received by CIO on 7th September and we are now a week behind the forefront of the tracker, yet our app could not be more straightforward - my husband is the primary applicant, he has a positive LMO and a job in Canada which is permanent and he has been working there since late August, he has only had three jobs since University, we have only been abroad three times in our married lives (the last 16 years) never mind the last ten years and not to any sensitive countries (only Europe and Canada), no children (by me or anyone else!), ex-wives or dependants of any sort so no family complications, no criminal convictions at any point in our lives we are both University graduates so plenty of education points, husband obviously had an excellent IELTS score....... surely no-one's app could be much more straightforward than ours? Yet still we are ignored and looking likely to be so again today as it is about time for CIO to close for the day.
Maybe they have typed in the the wrong e-mail for contact? Our name is a bit unusual in the spelling and lots of people get it wrong - or am I just grasping at straws?

kuwabunsi

Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with App
I made an inquiry on my application that I submitted last Dec 1, 2010. As expected their reply was " Please be advised that your application was returned via mail as it was found to be incomplete".

I submitted a expired IELTS. I am getting ready to take another IELTS so I will have the results as soon as I receive my incomplete application back.

robin_1986

Dec 9, 2010
i got email that you u r not eligible for permanent residence........they assigned me 15 points for study instead of 19....i have done 10+2 than certificate 3 and 1 yr diploma.....so all together 14 buttttttttttttttt.............what can i do now???????????

queencougar

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial app.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with initial app.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
robin_1986 said:
i got email that you u r not eligible for permanent residence........they assigned me 15 points for study instead of 19....i have done 10+2 than certificate 3 and 1 yr diploma.....so all together 14 buttttttttttttttt.............what can i do now???????????
So sorry to hear that.
Well, there is nothing you can do about the education points - they judge it to be 15 points and it's their rules.
How many points do you have with 15 for education? If you are very close, is it possible to get any extra points from an improved IELTS result or one of the other categories, perhaps?
If not, the only other option is to secure a job offer and apply as FSWCat2/AEO.

queencougar

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial app.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with initial app.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
queencougar said:
So sorry to hear that.
Well, there is nothing you can do about the education points - they judge it to be 15 points and it's their rules.
How many points do you have with 15 for education? If you are very close, is it possible to get any extra points from an improved IELTS result or one of the other categories, perhaps?
If not, the only other option is to secure a job offer and apply as FSWCat2/AEO.
BTW, the weekend negative-giver has been after me as well!
How some of you seniors who post such helpful, informative an encouraging things can get negatives defeats me. These people must be nutters or have a very stressful job that they take out on everyone by posting negs for everyone they see. I only ever post positives for comments I read - life is too short to be laying bad things on people for no reason. ;)
I will probably get hit by them badly after saying that, though!! :p

CanadaJimmy

Nov 4, 2010
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robin_1986 said:
:(
That is incredibly unfortunate... however could you quote the email with the Application numbers removed? This is the first time we've had a refusal email that has actually referenced the point calculation. Full point calculation used to be done at a much later stage by the V.O. as applications could be returned after a very long time sitting at the V.O. for not having enough points, so this is more potential for time to be taken off the total process if all our points have already been figured out.

Sorry if it seems cold but think of me as a doctor doing an autopsy ;)

Did you have enough points when you did the self-assessment test on the CIC website?

C

Cam1234

robin_1986 said:
Hi Robin:

Terribly sorry to hear this news. An interesting fact is the post you made on Dec. 21st, when you called CIC to see what had happened to your application. Here is what you posted:

"i called cic today and tell them that my file has been received on 10 aug but i did not got any response from u....she said yes ur file is received on same date but it is under processing.she ask me some security questions and one of them is 'how many yrs u spend in college or university'......and after that she told me initial stage process is for 33 weeks ,so u ur 33 weeks ends in march....."

Seems to me that she knew what the problem was, look at the question she asked you. If you post the exact email that was sent to you, as CanadaJimmy suggested, maybe we can find out what is going on... the point calculations are not supposed to be done now...

Thanks,
Cam

mahek286

Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
kuwabunsi said:
I made an inquiry on my application that I submitted last Dec 1, 2010. As expected their reply was " Please be advised that your application was returned via mail as it was found to be incomplete".

I submitted a expired IELTS. I am getting ready to take another IELTS so I will have the results as soon as I receive my incomplete application back.
Kuwabunsi,

Was your IELTS expired at the time of the application? Or did it expire while waiting to be processed?

Temasek

Jul 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
5 Aug 11 [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/canadai.gif/][IMG]http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2743/canadai.gif[/IMG][/URL]
robin_1986 said:
Hi Robin.

So sorry to hear of it. Had a look at their website and saw that 15 points is allocated if “you have a one-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship and at least 13 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study”; while 20 points (don't see a 19 point), if “you have a two-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship and at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study”.

From the years of education you had mentioned, it would appear that CIO have either not considered the certificate or diploma attained, or have deemed that whichever attained is only equivalent one year of full-time study. If otherwise, you may want to consider sending them an appeal for re-consideration. Your alternative option would be through the FSW2 route.

Best Wishes.

C

Cam1234

Temasek said:
Hi Robin.

From the years of education you had mentioned, it would appear that CIO have either not considered the certificate or diploma attained, or have deemed that whichever attained is only equivalent one year of full-time study.
Robin, did you send them your transcripts in a sealed envelope?

@ Temasek: That would be wonderful if they have already calculated the points...

@ JohnyUsa: Congratulations man, good to hear the news!

robin_1986

Dec 9, 2010
FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER

CENTRALIZED INTAKE OFFICE

P.O. BOX 7500

SYDNEY, NS B1P 0A9

AUSTRALIA 5024

10 January 2011 

UCI: *********

Application:*************

Dear Sir:

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 12(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the economic class on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada. Subsection 75(1) of the regulations prescribes the Federal Skilled Worker class as a class of persons who are skilled workers and who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada.

Pursuant to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002, skilled worker applicants are assessed on the basis of the requirements set out in subsection 75(2) and the criteria set out in subsection 76(1). The assessment of these requirements determines whether a skilled worker will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are age, education, knowledge of Canada’s official languages, experience, arranged employment and adaptability.

Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) in which you requested assessment: NOC 6242. The table below sets out the points assessed for each of the selection criteria:

Points assessed

Maximum

Education

Official language proficiency

Arranged employment

Experience

Adaptability

TOTAL

You have obtained insufficient points to qualify for immigration to Canada, the minimum requirement being 67 points.

You were assigned 15 points for your educational credential at the Non-University Certificate level. This was based upon the one year Diploma of Hospitality Management from The Illawaara Business College.

You were assigned 10 points for your official language proficiency; Listening 7.0- 2 points, Reading 6.0- 2 points, Writing 5.5- 2 points, Speaking 7.5- 4 points. No points were assigned for your second official language.

No points were assigned for arrangement employment.

You were assigned 9 points for adaptability as follows: You were assigned 4 points for your accompanying spouse’s educational credential. This was based upon the two year Diploma from the National Institute of Engineering – Electrician Diploma. You were assigned 5 points for your Family/Relative in Canada.

You have not obtained sufficient points to satisfy me that you will be able to become economically established in Canada.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or any other document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

There are many ways to immigrate to Canada. To learn more about your options, visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

AF

Program Support Officer

Immigration Section

Case Processing Centre

Sydney, Nova Scotia

robin_1986

Dec 9, 2010
according to australia law certificate 3 is initial stage which is leading to diploma.....
so i have done certificate 3 in Cookery of 1 year from ABC College
and than i have done diploma of hotel management of 1 year from Xyz College

That diploma from college is actual 2 year diploma bur i have done certificate 3 from different college so i got prior learning accreditation of many subjects so it was 1 year for me....but actually it 2 year diploma......but thing is that how can i explain them

snipper

Star Member
Sep 6, 2010
MNL
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application form BS 7.0
robin_1986 said:
At least you know how your application went thru... not like me and other who are still waiting if we pass or failed the eligibility stage.. Well you just have to look other options i know theres still lot of way to migrate in canada, may be its not your time but it doesnt mean it will not come. Well just put a positive spin on it then moved on. Theres still a big oppurtunity waiting for you.