+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications after 26/6 in any NOC CONNECT HERE TO GET THE STATUS

Temasek

Jul 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
5 Aug 11 [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/canadai.gif/][IMG]http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2743/canadai.gif[/IMG][/URL]
Cappuccino said:
Also they will probably take a bit longer than CC on top of the 48 hours, because when CIC decide to charge a credit card they do it there and then. When they decide to cash a banker's draft someone has to physically take it to their bank. I imagine they put them in a pile and someone pops to the bank at various intervals (1 week maybe but not certain) to cash a load in one go.
If we use asaif's application as benchmark, we see that even though it was received by CIO on 9 July, his Credit Card was only charged on 7 Sep (which is also the earliest charge date amongst the post 25 June applicants). This could suggest that even though CIO may have started their "Completeness Check" within the first 2 weeks upon receipt of application, it was only in early September that they started deducting the application fees. On a conservative assumption that it may take 2 weeks to encash a Bank Draft, and based on the same time-line as above, this would mean that we may only likely to see some movement next week.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Temasek said:
If we use asaif's application as benchmark, we see that even though it was received by CIO on 9 July, his Credit Card was only charged on 7 Sep (which is also the earliest charge date amongst the post 25 June applicants). This could suggest that even though CIO may have started their "Completeness Check" within the first 2 weeks upon receipt of application, it was only in early September that they started deducting the application fees. On a conservative assumption that it may take 2 weeks to encash a Bank Draft, and based on the same time-line as above, this would mean that we may only likely to see some movement next week.
Personally I think CIC didn't start ANY checks until they had enough of a size of applications to get their team onto it.

So I think towards the end of August they started completeness checks, and they have now "caught up" so that they are checking things live as they arrive in. This to me would explain why those applying at the start of July, and those applying towards the end of August, still got their cards charged in early September.

Anyway I am hopeful when I phone the bank tomorrow that my draft will be cashed, but realistically it could take another couple of weeks. Sounds like it'll be October at the earliest before anyone can expect an AOR judging by the 45 to 90 day timeframes.

Wayne.

Temasek

Jul 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
5 Aug 11 [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/canadai.gif/][IMG]http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2743/canadai.gif[/IMG][/URL]
Cappuccino said:
Personally I think CIC didn't start ANY checks until they had enough of a size of applications to get their team onto it.
That could very well be the case. Then again all of us are merely speculating. Whatever it may be I suppose its not going to stop anyone of us from frequently checking this thread for updates.. :D :D :D :D :D

canada121

Apr 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/08/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Dear Cappuccino,

You could be right here.
That is the only explanation possible for the CCs being charged in September for the applications reaching in July & August/Sept almost together.
And now they are almost checking 'live' as the applications are coming in.

I am told of a case whose application reached on 1st Sept, was checked in 2 hours, Credit Card tried & failed the next day (2nd Sept) & file was dispatched (returned) on 3rd Sept.

I am waiting for news on your DD tomorrow. (Coz I also paid by a DD)
Good Luck!

Maani1985

Sep 3, 2010
Sorry guys,

You guessed it right i was very busy in arranging my documents all over. So here is the situation.

As you all know, I sent my application on August 26, 2010 and CIO received it on September 01, 2010.

Now what i am going to tell is unbelieveable.

CIO got my application package on Sep 1, 2010 4:00 PM (DHL Delivery time)
By 5:00 PM they started reviewing my application (red check marks on application)

On 2nd September, they tried to charge my CC, but as you all know my card number changed, it didn't go through.

On 2nd September, they wrote a letter saying that my CC number is not valid. (date on the letter was 2nd Sep). They sent my application back on 3rd Sep (Post mark on the package).

I received the package day before yesterday (Sep 14, 2010). I sent my package back yesterday with new CC number.

Maani1985

Sep 3, 2010
Points to be noted:

1. CIO is not taking hessle of matching your further corresspondence with your original package.

2. They are working so fast.

3. They send application back via Canada post it took 11 days to get to USA, just imagine how long will it take to get to applicants in Asia.

4. CIO is looking for all info on first day, it means if your application pass the first stage, there are pretty good chances that it will be approved and you will get VISA. Because my whole package was full with red marks and smily faces like :)

Please pray for me that 1000 quota is not reached yet.

Thanks

canada121

Apr 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/08/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Welcome back Manni1985,

Hope you had also enclosed the letter they sent you with the return file.

DO Not worry, you will make the cap for sure.

Good Luck!

canada121

Apr 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/08/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Temasek said:
That would be real FAST!!
Well that case was of Maani1985, as he has himself posted the info now!

Cheers!

canada121

Apr 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/08/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
His application was returned for no fault of his.

I am sure he is still in the fray.

We all wish him good luck!!