4.3.11 IN PROCESS 26.7.11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
crissy225 said:
hi everyone!i'm a regular visitor to this forum.i have sent my application on dec 8,2010. now, i need to email CIC. i can't read back, i tried,though, but can't find the posted email ad of the office.can anyone here share the email add of CIC where you can make queries of your application.thanks everyone!
Why do you need to contact CIO so soon after your application was sent in?
They won't be able to tell you anything - I would be surprised if they have even opened it yet! You need to wait for 10 to 12 weeks and then if you have not heard anything, e-mail them using the protocol. If you e-mail now all you will get is the standard response that says your app is currently under processing, which doesn't reveal anything about the status of your app at all.
I know it is hard (for me too!), but waiting for that length of time at least is the only way - be calm and don't waste your time on an enquiry yet.

mlaforce

Jan 11, 2011
Re: A Word About the Nurse Cap on Marc Laforce's BLOG

Dear Forum:

Allow me to reply on some of the remarks regarding our BLOG entry with respect to the nurse cap.

Public forums are fun to read but can be harsh and dead-wrong at times.

The question of police reports at the CIO stage is irrelevant as CIC advises applicants not to submit their police certificates in this stage - precisely because they have limited validity and they will expire by the time the application is forwarded to the visa post.

On whether work references need to be "recent" is not true. Experience can go back 10 years; does that mean you need a recent verification letter for a job that took place in 2004? And what if the supervisor or manager, let alone the company, is no longer in place? We submit "old" references all the time and CIC will accept them if they believe it to be accurate and truthful at the time it was signed. And don't estimate the power of providing a reasonable explanation on your cover letter as to why you're submitting a six-month verification letter in the first place.

The comment about forms is valid - but CIC generally allows for a reasonable transition period whereby an old form is accepted provided there's no policy change.

But the most critical point here for those sceptical people is this. What strategy do they have? Give up? Do nothing? One of the forum people remarked that it took many months for the cap to be reached and that the same will be true next year. Perhaps- but that was for the year the cap was introduced (in 2010). For those of you familiar with the US system, whereby a cap can be reached within days, a similar situation will exist in Canada; and that was my point in my BLOG. The fact that the nurse cap is closed now doesn't mean that all prospect clients are suddenly going to give up on their plans to file in Canada. Stock-piling applications have been a reality in many countries that have a cap system. (And Canada is new to the CAP system for this particular stream.) True, some prefer to file when they have absolute assurance about the future. And that's fine. Others, who follow the labour market closely, we'll make an assumption that the nurse profession will continue to see demand. If people begin to stock-pile applications today, and if you believe that there's a high chance that the application will be eligible next year in July 2011, then you have to assume that there's a chance that CIC will receive 1000 applications in a single day - just like USCIS received over 64,000 H-1B applications in a single day for many years (until now - true).

"Blatant scaremongering" to "drum up trade" theory. That's a harsh statement. If you read the tone of the BLOG, it is meant to reassure and calm people down. More to the point, our BLOGS are worded for the benefit of our Clients. There's no additional "trade" to win - those are our existing clients.

I say stock-pile is the way of the future (unfortunately) - it is inevitable in a cap regime.

Ziaul

Jan 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 August,2010
AOR Received.
PER on 24Nov,2010
File Transfer...
February2,2011
Med's Request
9 Janu, received 14 January, 2013
Med's Done....
17 January, 2013; Arrived to Phillipine 22.1.2013
Interview........
04 Dec, 2012; Dhaka
Passport Req..
08 March, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
16 May, 2013; Received 22 May'13
LANDED..........
27 Sep'2013
nish said:
hello everyone.

my question is related to that of crissy.

i want to send email to cic inquiring about my application status. But the problem is that i have filed the application through a consultant and he has put his email address in the application.

do i need to send inquiry from the email id in the form, and if i send the inquiry from my personal email id, will i get reply to my id or the id mentioned in the forms.
Dear Nish,
One of my friend landed in Canada also faced same problem. Nothing you have to do just now.
When you will get your file no and will be track, then you can change anything as you wish.
So have to wait till getting file number.
Best of luck
Zia

Cay_sha

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2010
AOR Received.
08-02-2011
IELTS Request
sent - 7.0 band score
File Transfer...
08-02-2011
Med's Request
29-04-2011
Med's Done....
09-05-2011
Passport Req..
28-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
LANDED..........
25-04-2012
Ziaul said:
Dear Nish,
One of my friend landed in Canada also faced same problem. Nothing you have to do just now.
When you will get your file no and will be track, then you can change anything as you wish.
So have to wait till getting file number.
Best of luck
Zia
That's not exactly the truth. I am in the same situation. My app was filled by immigration consultant and only her e-mail is in app. I sent two e-mails to CIO from my private e-mail asking about the status of my application and they answered to me twice giving me the status. So you just write to them.

urbinajanice

Jul 15, 2010
Quezon City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 22, 2010
Doc's Request.
Sept. 22, 2010
AOR Received.
FIRST- Jan. 25, 2011 / SECOND Feb. 16, 2011
IELTS Request
Sept.22, 2010
Med's Request
Feb. 17, 2011
Med's Done....
DONE Mar. 2, 2011 / SUBMITTED Mar.25, 2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
May 30, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 7, 2011
LANDED..........
July 17, 2011
Alex_007 said:
Received my PER this morning :)
Congratulations!!!

Would you mind sharing what the content is just so we all have an idea what to expect? thanks and congratulations again!

nish

Jan 10, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
About to apply.
Cay_sha said:
That's not exactly the truth. I am in the same situation. My app was filled by immigration consultant and only her e-mail is in app. I sent two e-mails to CIO from my private e-mail asking about the status of my application and they answered to me twice giving me the status. So you just write to them.
can someone please tell what reference do i give in my email. Max i can give is my Name, VO and NOC. anything else???

ekram787

Star Member
Sep 30, 2010
Unknown
Category........
Visa Office......
None
App. Filed.......
None
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
None
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
None
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
None
anil04_10 said:
Dear Ekram

I have added back your details ...... as much as I can....... and ...... I came through this mail ....

You said "We contribute less does not mean that we are not member of this forum!" But my dear friend - At least contribute the basic (bare minimum) details ...... hope you will update us this time ..... Thank you

Cheers, Anil

Dear Anil Bhai,

Thanks for your appreciation and wishes! Actually I always read this forum, but it becomes impracticable to write sometime because of my present work stress!
Special thanks to Dr.Hasib, Lawrence, Anil, Viktoria, Vari, asaif, ralfee, canady, engy, 2010can, kathe, indira_prab, mpatel6.

Regards,
Ekram

arasah

Oct 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
Med's Request
12-12-11
Med's Done....
07-01-12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-12
LANDED..........
Landed December 2012
ekram787 said:
Dear Anil Bhai,

Thanks for your appreciation and wishes! Actually I always read this forum, but it becomes impracticable to write sometime because of my present work stress!
Special thanks to Dr.Hasib, Lawrence, Anil, Viktoria, Vari, asaif, ralfee, canady, engy, 2010can, kathe, indira_prab, mpatel6.

Regards,
Ekram
Welcome to come back with PER (on 5th Jan 2011)!!!
Wishes.
Arasah

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Oct 2010 BD Encashed...: 25th Oct 2010 PER Received..: 10th Feb 2011
File Transfer...
3rd March 2011 AOR Received.: 11th March 2011
Med's Request
31st March 2011 PCC Request..: 31st March 2011 RPRF Request: 31st March 2011
Passport Req..
31st March 2011 Med's Done....: 6th April 2011 Passports sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF/PCC sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF En-Cashed :17th May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
nish said:
can someone please tell what reference do i give in my email. Max i can give is my Name, VO and NOC. anything else???
Please try this link rather than emailing them.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/csu.asp

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.

ash ali

Star Member
Sep 2, 2010
FIJI
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APPLICATION RECEIVED BY CIO - 09/11/2010
Doc's Request.
SENT WITH APPLICATION
AOR Received.
PER - 23/02/11, 2nd AOR - 22/03/11
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
15/03/11
Med's Request
25/05/11
Med's Done....
16/06/11 / newborns - 17/11/11
Interview........
WAIVED!!!!
Passport Req..
26/07/2011 / 06/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
19/01/2012
LANDED..........
INSHA ALLAH BY APRIL 2012!!!
nish said:
i mayank,

thanks for the info. but the email you mentioned is not working. I then called the number given by bindu and the person attending the call took all the information and told me to call back next day. but then i emailed on torontobranch @ sbicanada . com and i got reply within 2 hours.

the sad news is that my BD is not yet encashed. and neither my application is returned back. i have sent all the documents required and i am completely eligible for 1122, but dont know what has gone wrong. only option right now is to wait.

is there anyone whose BD was encased very very late and got PER.

hi nish....
just wondering if we all can enquire at sbicanada about our bankdraft encashment??? what information do they require..... my bank is unable to tell me about my bd encashment.....

thnx ash

2010can

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-8-10
AOR Received.
14 dec 2010
IELTS Request
send
File Transfer...
done
Med's Request
30th May 2011
Med's Done....
6th june 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10 august 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 27, 2011
LANDED..........
may be in March 2012
Alex_007 said:
Received my PER this morning :)

Congratulations

Mahbub

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Re: A Word About the Nurse Cap on Marc Laforce's BLOG

mlaforce said:
Dear Forum:

Allow me to reply on some of the remarks regarding our BLOG entry with respect to the nurse cap.

Public forums are fun to read but can be harsh and dead-wrong at times.

The question of police reports at the CIO stage is irrelevant as CIC advises applicants not to submit their police certificates in this stage - precisely because they have limited validity and they will expire by the time the application is forwarded to the visa post.

On whether work references need to be "recent" is not true. Experience can go back 10 years; does that mean you need a recent verification letter for a job that took place in 2004? And what if the supervisor or manager, let alone the company, is no longer in place? We submit "old" references all the time and CIC will accept them if they believe it to be accurate and truthful at the time it was signed. And don't estimate the power of providing a reasonable explanation on your cover letter as to why you're submitting a six-month verification letter in the first place.

The comment about forms is valid - but CIC generally allows for a reasonable transition period whereby an old form is accepted provided there's no policy change.

But the most critical point here for those sceptical people is this. What strategy do they have? Give up? Do nothing? One of the forum people remarked that it took many months for the cap to be reached and that the same will be true next year. Perhaps- but that was for the year the cap was introduced (in 2010). For those of you familiar with the US system, whereby a cap can be reached within days, a similar situation will exist in Canada; and that was my point in my BLOG. The fact that the nurse cap is closed now doesn't mean that all prospect clients are suddenly going to give up on their plans to file in Canada. Stock-piling applications have been a reality in many countries that have a cap system. (And Canada is new to the CAP system for this particular stream.) True, some prefer to file when they have absolute assurance about the future. And that's fine. Others, who follow the labour market closely, we'll make an assumption that the nurse profession will continue to see demand. If people begin to stock-pile applications today, and if you believe that there's a high chance that the application will be eligible next year in July 2011, then you have to assume that there's a chance that CIC will receive 1000 applications in a single day - just like USCIS received over 64,000 H-1B applications in a single day for many years (until now - true).

"Blatant scaremongering" to "drum up trade" theory. That's a harsh statement. If you read the tone of the BLOG, it is meant to reassure and calm people down. More to the point, our BLOGS are worded for the benefit of our Clients. There's no additional "trade" to win - those are our existing clients.

I say stock-pile is the way of the future (unfortunately) - it is inevitable in a cap regime.

Hi,

It may be beneficial for those who haven't followed this "blog" to provide a link so we can read it? Since this is your 1 and only post it doesn't appear you have mentioned this anywhere before.

Secondly, I must disagree when you say that CIO are advising applicants not to submit their police certificates. This is completely wrong.

From page 18 of the EG7.pdf guide I have just downloaded from the CIC website this morning:

"We strongly recommend that you submit your police certificates with your application to the CIO. If you are unable to obtain all the necessary police certificates, you may still send your application to the CIO without them. However, please note that if your application is placed into processing you must be ready to submit them to the visa office when requested."

How does "We strongly recommend that you submit your police certificates with your application to the CIO" translate to "CIC advises applicants not to submit their police certificates in this stage"?

It is true that the police certificates do have limited validity (one year).

CIC originally stated that police certificates must be included. Around mid August they amended this stating they should not be included.

Then in November they made a further amendment now strongly advising that they are included.

My opinion is that having seen the relatively low intake of applications they felt confident that the majority of applications would be finalised within 12 months (the length of time the police certificate is valid for). However they left including the PCC optional so as not to unfairly disadvantage applicants for whom getting a PCC is a lengthy process (can be several months in some countries), with respect to getting their applications to CIO in time to make their respective caps.

Wayne.

nish

Jan 10, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
About to apply.
hey ash,

just send an email to torontobranch @ sbicanada.com without spaces mentioning the following details:

Bank: State Bank of India
Branch: Mention Branch name and code (eg. Ahmedabad, Code No. 11029 SWIFT SBININ B8652)
Payable to: Receiver General of Canada
Draft No.:
Draft Amount:
Draft Dated:
Remitted By:

They will reply within a day.

ash ali

Star Member
Sep 2, 2010
FIJI
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APPLICATION RECEIVED BY CIO - 09/11/2010
Doc's Request.
SENT WITH APPLICATION
AOR Received.
PER - 23/02/11, 2nd AOR - 22/03/11
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
15/03/11
Med's Request
25/05/11
Med's Done....
16/06/11 / newborns - 17/11/11
Interview........
WAIVED!!!!
Passport Req..
26/07/2011 / 06/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
19/01/2012
LANDED..........
INSHA ALLAH BY APRIL 2012!!!
nish said:
hey ash,

just send an email to torontobranch @ sbicanada.com without spaces mentioning the following details:

Bank: State Bank of India
Branch: Mention Branch name and code (eg. Ahmedabad, Code No. 11029 SWIFT SBININ B8652)
Payable to: Receiver General of Canada
Draft No.:
Draft Amount:
Draft Dated:
Remitted By:

They will reply within a day.

thnx ...will definately do that...

ash