13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
bkcnbr said:
Thanks Wayne..
Do you advise me to contact CIO now? (Before the six week from the recieval of application at CIO)?
Well, you have 2 choices. You can either wait another 3 weeks and then if your draft is not cashed then use their new online form facility (but this states not to contact them until the 6 weeks are past). Or use the old email address FSW-Sydney-Search-Enquiry @ cic.gc.ca (without the spaces)

Are you 100% sure that the bank are able to tell if you draft is cashed or not? It may be worth leaving it another week and then phoning your bank at the end of next week, just in case there was a delay at the bank's end.

Best of luck,
Wayne.

B

bkcnbr

Cappuccino said:
Well, you have 2 choices. You can either wait another 3 weeks and then if your draft is not cashed then use their new online form facility (but this states not to contact them until the 6 weeks are past). Or use the old email address FSW-Sydney-Search-Enquiry @ cic.gc.ca (without the spaces)

Are you 100% sure that the bank are able to tell if you draft is cashed or not? It may be worth leaving it another week and then phoning your bank at the end of next week, just in case there was a delay at the bank's end.

Best of luck,
Wayne.
Thank you Wayne.......I will wait for some more time.. really feeling releived while interacting with all of you..

shacon

Jul 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wenstumped said:
Awww shucks! I don't know if it's the emotions of waiting for a PER or if I'm just a little hormonal today, but that brought a tear to my eye.
I really, really, really want my PER today, together with a PER for all other 7th Sept applicants; but I am also really glad for the all friendships I've formed in this forum's amazing (and often dysfunctional ;) ) family.

Since it is almost the last day of 2010, I just want to thank everyone here for all the love, knowledge and support that is freely shared among the members. I wish you all a very happy end to 2010 and an amazing 2011 when everyone's dreams and wishes come true. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! God bless!
Hi wenstumped

Just want to let you know that you are not alone. I am also a September 7th applicant. I am keeping a low profile for know. I understand the overwhelming feeling. For me it comes and goes but this too shall pass. Take care and all the best.

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2015 Local Office....: Mississauga
AOR Received.
03-30-2015 In Process......: 06-15-2015 Test.......: 11-26-2015 Oath........: Waiting
queencougar said:
Thanks, Wayne..............
.................................., so if anyone has reason to be impatient, I reckon that it is us!
By the way, it is my birthday today and ........................ and wenstumped for a birthday bonus!
Dear queencougar

Many Many Happy Returns of the Day ........... Have a wonderful day, everyday .......... May you get PER as your birthday gift ......... 8) 8) 8)

Cheers, Anil

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
03-30-2015 In Process......: 06-15-2015 Test.......: 11-26-2015 Oath........: Waiting
shacon said:
Hi wenstumped

Just want to let you know that you are not alone. I am also a September 7th applicant. I am keeping a low profile for know. I understand the overwhelming feeling. For me it comes and goes but this too shall pass. Take care and all the best.
Hey shacon

Please throw some light on your details .... we would be glad to add a new member in our family, kindly update us as per the tracker requirement .... Thank you.

Cheers, Anil

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Just a little something to cheer everyone up a bit, whilst people patiently wait for their PERs :)
http://www.mercer.com/qualityofliving

A quality of life survey voted Vancouver as the 4th best city IN THE ENTIRE WORLD with regards quality of life.
Indeed, in the Americas, the top 5 cities are all Canadian:

* Vancouver (4th)
* Ottawa (14th)
* Toronto (16th)
* Montreal (21st)
* Calgary (28th)

And Calgary is the highest-ranking Eco-city in the world! ;) With Ottawa 3rd, and Vancouver 13th.

Wayne.

shacon

Jul 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anil04_10 said:
Hey shacon

Please throw some light on your details .... we would be glad to add a new member in our family, kindly update us as per the tracker requirement .... Thank you.

Cheers, Anil
Sure. see to the left

CanadaJimmy

Nov 4, 2010
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
Just a little something to cheer everyone up a bit, whilst people patiently wait for their PERs :)
http://www.mercer.com/qualityofliving

A quality of life survey voted Vancouver as the 4th best city IN THE ENTIRE WORLD with regards quality of life.
Indeed, in the Americas, the top 5 cities are all Canadian:

* Vancouver (4th)
* Ottawa (14th)
* Toronto (16th)
* Montreal (21st)
* Calgary (28th)

And Calgary is the highest-ranking Eco-city in the world! ;) With Ottawa 3rd, and Vancouver 13th.

Wayne.
Vancouver has consistently been rated one of the best cities to live year after year. One of the many reasons I decided to come here.

In other news, the Canadian Dollar is worth more than the US Dollar at the moment which is a very rare occurrence.

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
shacon said:
Sure. see to the left
Thanks dear

Let us know your mode of payment (if CC & charged the date of charging ) + PCC sent or not.... you can modify your present post...... ;) ;D

Cheers, Anil

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
CanadaJimmy said:
Vancouver has consistently been rated one of the best cities to live year after year. One of the many reasons I decided to come here.

In other news, the Canadian Dollar is worth more than the US Dollar at the moment which is a very rare occurrence.
Aye. Unfortunately the UK sterling is not as great versus the Canadian dollar! Will keep our eye on it, but we are thinking when it comes to complete our record of landing of leaving our funds in the UK in a UK bank account, rather than transfer to Canadian dollars. If we provide a bank certificate + 6 months statements etc I assume that will be ok, since sterling is an easily transferrable currency to Canadian dollars?

I think we are going to transfer the bare minimum as we need it and watch the trends to try to transfer the majority of our money at a decent time.

Wayne.

shacon

Jul 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anil04_10 said:
Thanks dear

Let us know your mode of payment (if CC & charged the date of charging ) + PCC sent or not.... you can modify your present post...... ;) ;D

Cheers, Anil
I paid with a money order but I am not sure the date what date it was cashed. My bank however did confirm that there were outstanding money orders up November so I presume it was cashed by CIO. My PCC was sent with my application

queencougar

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial app.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with initial app.
File Transfer...
4.3.11 IN PROCESS 26.7.11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
shacon said:
I paid with a money order but I am not sure the date what date it was cashed. My bank however did confirm that there were outstanding money orders up November so I presume it was cashed by CIO. My PCC was sent with my application
Welcome, shacon!
Have you received a positive LMO for your job offer? Are you working in Canada on a TWP or are you waiting in Jamaica and applying as AEO?
Just wondering, as we are also FSW Cat 2s and FSW Cat 2s are few and far between amongst all these Cat 1s. :D
I think we are quite different circumstances to them, not needing to have proof of funds checked and also not needing to worry about the NOC caps. I am glad to see another Cat 2 on this forum, anyway. Good luck to all the Sept 7ths - I don't want anyone of us to get left behind!

shacon

Jul 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
queencougar said:
Welcome, shacon!
Have you received a positive LMO for your job offer? Are you working in Canada on a TWP or are you waiting in Jamaica and applying as AEO?
Just wondering, as we are also FSW Cat 2s and FSW Cat 2s are few and far between amongst all these Cat 1s. :D
I think we are quite different circumstances to them, not needing to have proof of funds checked and also not needing to worry about the NOC caps. I am glad to see another Cat 2 on this forum, anyway. Good luck to all the Sept 7ths - I don't want anyone of us to get left behind!
Thank you queencougar.
I am in Canada on a work permit (LMO and the whole works). R you in Canada as well?
All the best to you too.

queencougar

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial app.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with initial app.
File Transfer...
4.3.11 IN PROCESS 26.7.11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
shacon said:
Thank you queencougar.
I am in Canada on a work permit (LMO and the whole works). R you in Canada as well?
All the best to you too.
It is my husband who is the principal applicant and he has been in Vancouver on his TWP since August 22nd. I am still holding the fort in the UK until we hear something more positive about the application.
I hope we will be getting this PER at the same time - preferably today or tomorrow.

Moori

Sep 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2010
AOR Received.
6th Jan 2011
File Transfer...
25th feb 2011
Med's Request
March 8, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-4-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-5-2011
It looks like that many cio employees are not working today. It's been a slow 2 weeks time so hopefully surprises will come up with the new year beginning

Happy 2011 to all of you :)