+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications after 26/6 in any NOC CONNECT HERE TO GET THE STATUS

C

Cam1234

It's a beautiful day in Sydney Nova Scotia, which should certainly put our officers in a good mood to give out PERs, check the webcams here:

http://www.gov.ns.ca/tran/cameras/cameradetails.asp?id=North%20Sydney

Gee, I guess traffic jams are not a problem at Sydney, all highways are deserted... Hmm maybe I should move there ;) Then again maybe not ;D

Cam

queencougar

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial app.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with initial app.
File Transfer...
4.3.11 IN PROCESS 26.7.11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
Thank you for the birthday wishes, katyspring and Cam1234!
May today be like a birthday for us all with gifts from CIO to be opened and enjoyed. :D

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
asoo62 said:
Thanks Wayne,
In fact I make a brief view of this forum almost everyday and I think I'll be staying here at least till the results for the 28th of September applicants will show up (after that I might still be staying or get out as the result of my file being rejected or something), so please keep my name in mind and don't delete me ;D
Application received: 28th of Sep
Payment method: Money Order cashed on 6th of Oct
NOC: 3131
VO: Damascus
Police certificate: sent with application
Thank you
Ok I have added you back into the spreadsheet :) Unfortunately although we can see when someone's last forum activity was, there is no way to see when they last looked at this thread. Therefore just because someone has been active on some part of the entire forum somewhere it doesn't mean they are still active on the thread.

Wayne.

canada_future

Mar 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0631 & 6242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
7.5 sent with application
Dear Wayne and Asaif

Please add me in the spread sheet, following are the details.

NOC : 0631
Visa office : London, United Kingdom
Application received by CIO : 29-12-2010 by MIKE
Method of payment : BD
PCC : submitted with the application

Thanks

B

bkcnbr

Hi all

wishing all of you a wonderful NEW YEAR 2011!!!!

I Have a query: DO CIO NOTIFY REJECTIONS/RETURNING OF THE APPLICATION BY EMAIL?

My application was received by CIO on 9th December 2010. 21 days are over today. No NEWS of BD encashment yet from my BANK.

I hope it will be encashed soon so that i can wait for my PER............

Otherwise I intend to send an email just after the 'six week' norm.......

JPMA

May 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
AOR Received.
PER received 11-03-11
hi everybody! i would just like to know, what does PER received means?

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
bkcnbr said:
Hi all

My application was received by CIO on 9th December 2010. 21 days are over today. No NEWS of BD encashment yet from my BANK.

Hi - if your application fails the completeness check (i.e. before encashment) then they will not notify you by email they will simply return the application to you. They keep a list of returned applications but they do not enter any details onto their system.

If your application fails the eligibility review (i.e. after encashment) then CIO notify the applicant by email and then return the application.

Usually drafts are cashed within a few days of the application being received, but with Christmas etc unsure if there may be delays, but 21 days for encashment still sounds a long time. I would contact CIO who should be able to tell you if your application has been returned.

Wayne.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
JPMA said:
hi everybody! i would just like to know, what does PER received means?
Positive Eligibility Review. I made a post a few pages ago explaining exactly what that page if you'd care to scroll back a few pages ;)

Wayne.

Rohan09

Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 9' 10
AOR Received.
Jan 7' 11
IELTS Request
Original doc sent with application
Med's Request
Mar 3' 11
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Mar 3' 11
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 5' 11
LANDED..........
Oct 28' 11
Now I guess there will be silence uptill 3rd jan though thats not far away either...my days are also coming quite near so its natural to have some angst. Hope things will shape up fine. :)

Also wishing all the members of this forum a very happy and prosperous new year 2011 :) :)

Rohan

wenstumped

Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
queencougar said:
Thank you so much, my dear. You are a font of good nature and kindness on this forum, wenstumped and if anyone deserves to have their wishes answered and get PER today, it is you :D
Awww shucks! I don't know if it's the emotions of waiting for a PER or if I'm just a little hormonal today, but that brought a tear to my eye.
I really, really, really want my PER today, together with a PER for all other 7th Sept applicants; but I am also really glad for the all friendships I've formed in this forum's amazing (and often dysfunctional ;) ) family.

Since it is almost the last day of 2010, I just want to thank everyone here for all the love, knowledge and support that is freely shared among the members. I wish you all a very happy end to 2010 and an amazing 2011 when everyone's dreams and wishes come true. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! God bless!

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello to everybody.

I know that my questions are not the main subject of this forum but after reviewing several pages of it, I found this one as one of the best in the web. I have to congratulate you all for this great tool, and as soon as I resubmit my file I will give you my dates, I have almost everything ready, just waiting for my PCC and IELTS test on January 22. Please any comment or advice about my questions it is highly appreciate it. Thanks in advance for your time.

I am going to re-start my application to Canada through the federal skilled worker program once again. I did submit my application about a year and a half ago and in February of this year I did receive everything back because my legal status in the USA was not approved as a residency status for me to apply from this country. They did advice me to re-start this process from my country of nationality which is Colombia in South-America.

Anyway, what I am trying to understand and I will appreciate any advice, comment and/or help you can provide, is if should I use a representative to submit my application again? and about the work references and certifications, I did updated them back in August and September 2009, are they still good enough or do I have to renew all this documents again?

I have the IELTS test on January 22 and I already submit the forms to obtain all of my PCC, which I hope I will get them by the second week of February.

Another question is, I am a civil engineer but I am applying as a cook, NOC 6242, I do have more than 2 years of certified experience as a line cook and kitchen supervisor in the USA plus I had my own bar-restaurant in my country a few years ago. In this case, if my academic background is different from the occupation I am applying for, will this create a conflict on my application? it will affect the points I will be awarded on the assessment for the 67 points mark?

I do appreciate your time and help, and if in any way I can be of your assistance please let me know and I will do as much as I can.

Thank you to everybody, and merry Xmas and happy new year. We'll be in touch

omaus25

Grasshopper

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bkcnbr said:
Hi all

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no notification for a rejection through email. They just return your complete packet by normal mail and it take months to reach back to you.

One of my friend, who applied in early August, got his rejected packet back in late november. There was no communication from CIO during this period. The packet he received was in real bad shape.

There are many cases when BD was encashed after more than a month. So I don't see any problem as of now. It's little too early for you to worry about it. Be patient and hopefully you will hear the good news soon.

Good Luck,
Grasshopper

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
omaus25 said:
Hello to everybody.

I know that my questions are not the main subject of this forum but after reviewing several pages of it, I found this one as one of the best in the web. I have to congratulate you all for this great tool, and as soon as I resubmit my file I will give you my dates, I have almost everything ready, just waiting for my PCC and IELTS test on January 22. Please any comment or advice about my questions it is highly appreciate it. Thanks in advance for your time.

I am going to re-start my application to Canada through the federal skilled worker program once again. I did submit my application about a year and a half ago and in February of this year I did receive everything back because my legal status in the USA was not approved as a residency status for me to apply from this country. They did advice me to re-start this process from my country of nationality which is Colombia in South-America.

Anyway, what I am trying to understand and I will appreciate any advice, comment and/or help you can provide, is if should I use a representative to submit my application again? and about the work references and certifications, I did updated them back in August and September 2009, are they still good enough or do I have to renew all this documents again?

I have the IELTS test on January 22 and I already submit the forms to obtain all of my PCC, which I hope I will get them by the second week of February.

Another question is, I am a civil engineer but I am applying as a cook, NOC 6242, I do have more than 2 years of certified experience as a line cook and kitchen supervisor in the USA plus I had my own bar-restaurant in my country a few years ago. In this case, if my academic background is different from the occupation I am applying for, will this create a conflict on my application? it will affect the points I will be awarded on the assessment for the 67 points mark?

I do appreciate your time and help, and if in any way I can be of your assistance please let me know and I will do as much as I can.

Thank you to everybody, and merry Xmas and happy new year. We'll be in touch

omaus25
Hi omaus25,

Having 1 year's experience in the list of 29 NOCs, and having 67 points for selection and admissability, as far as I am aware are mutually exclusive. That is, your education counts towards your 67 points but those qualifications do not necessarily have to align to the NOC experience you are claiming.

However, please very carefully read the full main description of your NOC on the HRSDC web site, since some NOCs require a certain level of qualification - for example some science related NOCs require a degree, especially regulated industries such as pharmacy.

So to be considered for the NOC work experience you must also have any required qualifications for that NOC.

I just looked on the actual official NOC description for cook here:
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=6242

And for cook there are some education requirements:
* Completion of secondary school is usually required.

* Completion of a three-year apprenticeship program for cooks
or
Completion of college or other program in cooking
or
Several years of commercial cooking experience are required.

* Trade certification is available but voluntary in all provinces and Territories.

* Interprovincial trade certification (Red Seal) is also available to qualified cooks.

Your experience must also match the following lead statement:
"Cooks prepare and cook a wide variety of foods. They are employed in restaurants, hotels, hospitals and other health care institutions, central food commissaries, educational institutions and other establishments. Cooks are also employed aboard ships and at construction and logging campsites. Apprentice cooks are included in this unit group."

And you must also have performed a substantial amount of the following duties:
* Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
* Prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitian or chef
* Schedule and supervise kitchen helpers
* Oversee kitchen operations
* Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
* May set up and oversee buffets
* May clean kitchen and work area
* May plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies.
* May hire and train kitchen staff
* Cooks may specialize in preparing and cooking ethnic cuisine or special dishes.

CIC helpfully does not define exactly what "substantial" means, but the going opinion is that it means "at least half".

I hope this helps, best of luck with your application! :)

Wayne.

B

bkcnbr

Grasshopper said:
Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no notification for a rejection through email. They just return your complete packet by normal mail and it take months to reach back to you.

One of my friend, who applied in early August, got his rejected packet back in late november. There was no communication from CIO during this period. The packet he received was in real bad shape.

There are many cases when BD was encashed after more than a month. So I don't see any problem as of now. It's little too early for you to worry about it. Be patient and hopefully you will hear the good news soon.

Good Luck,
Grasshopper
Ok dear.. Thanks for ur advice.. I will wait for my DD encashment, otherwise the six week to complete to send an email enquiry to CIO ...

B

bkcnbr

Cappuccino said:
Hi - if your application fails the completeness check (i.e. before encashment) then they will not notify you by email they will simply return the application to you. They keep a list of returned applications but they do not enter any details onto their system.

If your application fails the eligibility review (i.e. after encashment) then CIO notify the applicant by email and then return the application.

Usually drafts are cashed within a few days of the application being received, but with Christmas etc unsure if there may be delays, but 21 days for encashment still sounds a long time. I would contact CIO who should be able to tell you if your application has been returned.

Wayne.
Thanks Wayne..
Do you advise me to contact CIO now? (Before the six week from the recieval of application at CIO)?