NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 02-09-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with App.
AOR Received.
21-12-2010 [img]http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc386/hazooma/Maple.gif[/img]
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
I have the same case, used DD via HSBC branch in Cairo. At the beginning one of the customer service confirmed that this info (cashing status) can't be known & said it is a complex process then he called me again after a while & told me that he checked & found that he can get me this info whenever i called the bank but it will be one week delayed (ex. i called on 8-sept-2010, he told me that the check is not yet cashed till 2-sept-2010).
so my advice to you guys is to insist on getting this info from your bank.

Cappuccino said:
I phoned HSBC at lunch time, they said they have checked and it hasn't been cashed yet, but it is something they can check.

Looking at credit card timescales if our application goes through as others have they should be "cashing" it any day now. But I think with drafts it will take longer.

Firstly it's not electronic they have to take the thing to the bank, then I imagine 3 or 4 working days for it to clear?

Anyway I am going to phone next Friday and each Friday after that until I have confirmation that it's cashed :)

Wayne.

D

drgladiator

thanks Canady.. does it really take 1 week?
canady said:
I have the same case, used DD via HSBC branch in Cairo. At the beginning one of the customer service confirmed that this info (cashing status) can't be known & said it is a complex process then he called me again after a while & told me that he checked & found that he can get me this info whenever i called the bank but it will be one week delayed (ex. i called on 8-sept-2010, he told me that the check is not yet cashed till 2-sept-2010).
so my advice to you guys is to insist on getting this info from your bank.

nzds05

Star Member
Jul 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Resent and received on 1st DEC 2010 received by M.KRSWDA
AOR Received.
PER received on 2nd of March 2011
File Transfer...
received by VO on 25th March.
Med's Request
1st August, 2011
Med's Done....
1st Sept 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22th Sept 2011, passport received on 5th by VO
VISA ISSUED...
11th Oct, 2011
LANDED..........
must before 1st of Sept 2012
anil04_10 said:
Dear Danishsoomro

Welcome to this thread. I assume that you have read the 'Instruction guide'. As per you queries -
(1) You can't believe Regular Postal Service... it will take days together... still no updates. More over you won't be knowing the status of the letter / delivery. From India I have sent a letter to Canada (through Speed Post EMS...it took flat 21 days; promised - max 5 days :eek: :eek:). Whereas International courier companies (FedEx, DHL, TNT) will take max.3 days... with detailed tracking service 8) 8). Yes it IS expensive...but your application delivery is guaranteed and will be in que before 20 days. ;)
(2) There is no specific method... write in your own words. Even the explanations /clarifications, if any, has to be in your own words... no specific proforma :-[ :-[
(3) They have asked for the two labels ...better if both are in English.... and not self addressed envelopes!!!!
(4) You have to send the photocopies of all pages of your (and family members) passport (VO requirement) + Bio data pages of your passport (CIO requirement).

Cheers, Anil
item 4 of VO Travel Documents and Passports

passports or travel documets for you, your spouse or common-law partner and your dependent children. Include only copies of pages showing:

the passport number
date of issue and expiry
your photo, name, date and place of birth.
if you live in a country different from your nationality, include a photocopy of your visa for the country where you currently live.

from above requirement i think

1. if you live in the country which you issue your passport then just Bio-pages
2. if you live in the country other than the country you live, then you need copy the visa which your residence country issue to you.

i dont think you need copy all the passport pages.

D

drgladiator

I Love this forum.
I am addicted to this forum.
Actually i waste a lot of time rechecking this forum many times a day.
:D

nursemich

Jun 17, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/08/10:app sent 09/16/10:CC charged 12/29/10:PER rcvd 02/03/11:2nd AOR 02/08/11:Med rqt with PRPF and PC 03/10/11:Medicals rcvd by VO
Passport Req..
04/07/11
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/11
LANDED..........
05/19/11 Canadian Citizen 07/16/15
Hi everyone, just an info to relieve your anxieties. If you have submitted your application to CIO and have not received a mail from them within a month to a month and a half, it means your safe, your application is accepted and will be put to process. However, if after a month of sending the application and a courier is giving you a thick envelope, it indicates that your application was returned and refused.

The CIO checks for eligibility of application within a week. If it is put to further process it will take more time or your payment is accepted, ie, bank drafts en-cashed or CC charged, which other forumers have experienced. On the other hand, if not eligible, within a week of receiving your file, CIO will return your application.

I have based these on my experience. I applied before the new rule of 6/26, I mailed my application on 6/24 then 6/26 rule came out. Very unfortunately, CIO received my file on 7/2. On 7/6 they have returned my application and informed me that it was incomplete. The post office received it on 7/22 and I have received it on 7/28.

Now, I am on the verge of tension, just like other members here as I have submitted my completed application again. It was received on 9/8. For me, if I didn't received any mail from them until 10/30, I will consider my file being accepted and in further process. Also, I will expect that Credit card as my payment will be charged until that date. If not, prepare for another battle - to secure additional requirements, as it indicates returned application due to incomplete requirements or info.

nzds05

Star Member
Jul 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
1st August, 2011
Med's Done....
1st Sept 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11th Oct, 2011
LANDED..........
nursemich said:
Hi everyone, just an info to relieve your anxieties. If you have submitted your application to CIO and have not received a mail from them within a month to a month and a half, it means your safe, your application is accepted and will be put to process. However, if after a month of sending the application and a courier is giving you a thick envelope, it indicates that your application was returned and refused.

The CIO checks for eligibility of application within a week. If it is put to further process it will take more time or your payment is accepted, ie, bank drafts en-cashed or CC charged, which other forumers have experienced. On the other hand, if not eligible, within a week of receiving your file, CIO will return your application.

I have based these on my experience. I applied before the new rule of 6/26, I mailed my application on 6/24 then 6/26 rule came out. Very unfortunately, CIO received my file on 7/2. On 7/6 they have returned my application and informed me that it was incomplete. The post office received it on 7/22 and I have received it on 7/28.

Now, I am on the verge of tension, just like other members here as I have submitted my completed application again. It was received on 9/8. For me, if I didn't received any mail from them until 10/30, I will consider my file being accepted and in further process. Also, I will expect that Credit card as my payment will be charged until that date. If not, prepare for another battle - to secure additional requirements, as it indicates returned application due to incomplete requirements or info.
thank you very much for sharing your experience. that means the CIO send letter or document to us only by post not by courier, right? post will take long time.

danishsoomro

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
London, United Kindom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th October, 2010
AOR Received.
7th Feb, 2010
File Transfer...
7th Feb, 2011
Med's Request
18th March, 2011
Med's Done....
30th March, 2011 PCC + RPRF reached 7th April
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10th May, 2011....Same time ECAS = Decision made....
VISA ISSUED...
Passport Submitted 2nd June, Collected 16th June, 2011 (IN PERSON at LONDON VO)
LANDED..........
September, 2011 inshAllah
thanks for all who replied me.... thanks alot so nice of you

Guys i wana ask one more thing.. i am going to certify my copies of docs from solicitor .. will it be OK ?

I live in London and its really expensive to go for notary public..

In instruction guide it says.. Certified OR Notarized Copies.... so i think certify will work ..

Thanks.

nzds05

Star Member
Jul 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
1st August, 2011
Med's Done....
1st Sept 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11th Oct, 2011
LANDED..........
danishsoomro said:
thanks for all who replied me.... thanks alot so nice of you

Guys i wana ask one more thing.. i am going to certify my copies of docs from solicitor .. will it be OK ?

I live in London and its really expensive to go for notary public..

In instruction guide it says.. Certified OR Notarized Copies.... so i think certify will work ..

Thanks.
i think it must be Notarized. actually some Notary Public are another role of some Lawyers. you may check the yellowpage to see which lawyer has this role to be a Notary Public, they charge by hour rate, same as the charge when they act as a lawyer.

avbbs

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
NYC-USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-11-10
Doc's Request.
8-16-10
AOR Received.
12-6-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
12-6-2010
nursemich said:

I thikn you are exactly right. I have the same experience.
Goood luck on you and may god bless you.

nursemich

Jun 17, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/08/10:app sent 09/16/10:CC charged 12/29/10:PER rcvd 02/03/11:2nd AOR 02/08/11:Med rqt with PRPF and PC 03/10/11:Medicals rcvd by VO
Passport Req..
04/07/11
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/11
LANDED..........
05/19/11 Canadian Citizen 07/16/15
nzds05 said:
thank you very much for sharing your experience. that means the CIO send letter or document to us only by post not by courier, right? post will take long time.

your welcome. yes they send mails thru snail mail :)

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
noolan said:
My CC has not been charged!!!!!!! application reached on the 19th of july.................getting nervous.............
Well looking at the flip side, those who have been immediately rejected have heard very quickly (within 2 or 3 weeks). So it's unlikely to be complete rejection.

So it may simply be there's some item of your application which requires a bit more checking and it may just be sitting in someone's checking pile in CIC.

Unfortunately there's not much you can do but wait, CIC probably won't like it if you hassle them before 90 days is up. After 90 days if you still haven't received any confirmation then contact them saying it's been 90 days and you've had no contact or AOR yet.

We paid by banker's draft, no encashment for us yet but ours only got there 30th August so going to be several weeks I think before we need to get worried.

Wayne.

canady

Sep 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 02-09-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with App.
AOR Received.
21-12-2010 [img]http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc386/hazooma/Maple.gif[/img]
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
drgladiator said:
thanks Canady.. does it really take 1 week?

Dear,drgladiator:
As they said, it will take aweek to know. I'm going to call them on Monday or Tuseday at most.

blueray333

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2010
Doc's Request.
inc. in app.
AOR Received.
25-11-2010
IELTS Request
inc. in app.
File Transfer...
25-11-2010
Med's Request
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
12-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
drgladiator said:
I Love this forum.
I am addicted to this forum.
Actually i waste a lot of time rechecking this forum many times a day.
:D
hahahaha i have almost the same feeling :)