03-03-11 to visa office
Med's Request
21-03-11
Med's Done....
26-03-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-03-11, Passport Sent : 22-04-11 RPRF encash date: 04-05-11 E-Cas Status: Your application was reviewed and we started processing on March 17, 2011. Medical results have been received - " Decision Made"
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-11
LANDED..........
August'11
indira_prab said:
Hi Raj,

I second this reply too :).

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.
Thanks Indira.. :)

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Raj04 said:
Thanks Bindu! :) :) Hopefully we will receive our so called PER soon... Let's be optimistic...
I hope at least SOMEONE gets one today. 2 on Monday and zero yesterday, things are drying up a bit!

Wayne.

wenstumped

Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think its 11:35 a.m there now, is everyone checking their in-boxes regularly?

smiler 11

Mar 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/11/2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
.22/02/2011....
IELTS Request
submitted with app
File Transfer...
.....28/03/2011 approx
Med's Request
.....13/10/2011
Med's Done....
......02/12/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
30/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
asap ;0)
Hopefully someone will receive good luck today ??? ???

wenstumped

Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hmmmm! Maybe they are back to performing the eligibility reviews until they have a big enough stack to send to the VOs. I really hope someone gets some good news soon. All the best everyone, God bless us all.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
wenstumped said:
Hmmmm! Maybe they are back to performing the eligibility reviews until they have a big enough stack to send to the VOs. I really hope someone gets some good news soon. All the best everyone, God bless us all.
I am quite sure the visa officers don't sit drinking tea until they have enough. They are working on eligibility reviews all the time.

However, having completed the review they may well wait until they have a stack of applications before mailing to visa office, and they may not send an AOR until the application actually gets shifted to the visa office.

Sigh, would be better if they sent the email when they actually finished the review, rather than when they were ready to send to VO!

Wayne.

CanadaJimmy

Nov 4, 2010
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
I am quite sure the visa officers don't sit drinking tea until they have enough. They are working on eligibility reviews all the time.

However, having completed the review they may well wait until they have a stack of applications before mailing to visa office, and they may not send an AOR until the application actually gets shifted to the visa office.

Sigh, would be better if they sent the email when they actually finished the review, rather than when they were ready to send to VO!
I disagree personally, knowing when your application is going to the Visa office is much more useful in terms of working out the timescales involved. Ideally it'd be nice to get notification of both really.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
CanadaJimmy said:
I disagree personally, knowing when your application is going to the Visa office is much more useful in terms of working out the timescales involved. Ideally it'd be nice to get notification of both really.
Indeed, ideally knowing both would be good. But for me and I am sure many people it is not a question of knowing timescales, it is a question of getting more confident that we will be awarded a visa. Passing the final eligibility review is a very large step towards getting the visa, and I would think a fairly low percentage are actually refused a visa if their final eligibility review is successful after all the supporting documentation is reviewed.

I'd be very happy if they sent me an email tomorrow saying "Hey guess what, you will definitely get your visa, but we can't get it to you until August 2011". Hey, no problem. We can make plans. But it's quite frustrating when it gets to many many months without knowing if you'll be successful or not.

So for me personally knowing that we've passed the final eligibility review is more important than working out the timescales of getting our visa issued.

Wayne.

J

jolly404

Hey Neo1983!
I am in the same boat :(and i don't want to regret the same thing not contating cic for the status instead of awiting for AOR.
Could u guide me how to approach them about the status of the file any sample mail or letter would be of great help .
Neo1983 said:
Hello Wayne,

I received the application back through regular post today. It took 2.5 months for application to reach me as per the dates mentioned on letter and envelope!! I should have called them or mailed them asking the status instead of waiting for AOR.

CanadaJimmy

Nov 4, 2010
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jolly404 said:
Hey Neo1983!
I am in the same boat :(and i don't want to regret the same thing not contating cic for the status instead of awiting for AOR.
Could u guide me how to approach them about the status of the file any sample mail or letter would be of great help .
Give CIC a call. You should be able to get your file number and the status of your application if it's been added to the database.

Bindu

Aug 30, 2010
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2010
AOR Received.
By God's Grace on 01-12-2010
File Transfer...
2nd AOR by GOD's Grace on 21-Feb-2011
Med's Request
Recieved by Allmighty GOD Jesus Christ's grace on 08-03-2011
Med's Done....
Completed the Med by God's Grace on 14-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport and RPRF sent by God's Grace on 17-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Status changed to Decision Made on 25th June 2011 , Visa Issued by God's Grace on July 15th 2011
LANDED..........
Landed by God's Grace in Toronto on 11th Aug 2011
Hi Wayne,

I completly agree with your comment but I would be happy if they tell me that I would get the visa on July 2011, else I have to pay education fees for my son for next academic year in India...

Cheers
Bindu

Cappuccino said:
Indeed, ideally knowing both would be good. But for me and I am sure many people it is not a question of knowing timescales, it is a question of getting more confident that we will be awarded a visa. Passing the final eligibility review is a very large step towards getting the visa, and I would think a fairly low percentage are actually refused a visa if their final eligibility review is successful after all the supporting documentation is reviewed.

I'd be very happy if they sent me an email tomorrow saying "Hey guess what, you will definitely get your visa, but we can't get it to you until August 2011". Hey, no problem. We can make plans. But it's quite frustrating when it gets to many many months without knowing if you'll be successful or not.

So for me personally knowing that we've passed the final eligibility review is more important than working out the timescales of getting our visa issued.

Wayne.

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
I'm checking my mail as often as I can. My eyes are looking for someone with a shout of an AOR today. Hope one comes through very soon. Best wishes!

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
Bindu said:
Hi Wayne,

I completly agree with your comment but I would be happy if they tell me that I would get the visa on July 2011, else I have to pay education fees for my son for next academic year in India...

Cheers
Bindu
I pray for you to get it before then; at least for the sake of your son. Good luck! :)

Coffee

Jul 24, 2010
Moscow
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-08-2010
AOR Received.
1 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
taken and filed
Med's Request
29 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
15 May 2012
no update so far on our letter that we sent to CIC, although certain things are now clear.

we know that first AORs/PERs are issued, we know from post by MSM-2332 (and the link) that PCCs from countries that applicant never visited are ok.

no news on CAP limits and returned applications.

no correspondence, no update, no communication in whatever form.

I guess our expectations are high, or what?

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cam1234 said:
Hi Asaif:

Out of curiosity, if our forum represents 3% of the total applicants under the cap, how in the world did you calculate the probability that our group will not rceive an AOR in any given day to be 13%? ::)
I would think it would be much higher than that... just passing time :)

Cam
since we are only 3% of the entire population, if an AOR is issued, there is a probability of 97% that it doesn't belong to one of us.
If two AORs are issued, the probability that both of them don't belong to someone in the forum = 97% * 97% = 94.1%
If n AORs are issued, there is a probability of (0.97)^n that all of them belong to people outside this forum, which means that in this particular case, none of us will get AORs.
Since I assumed that they issue 67 AORs per day (2 / 3%), so the probability that no one in the forum gets an AOR = (0.97)^67 = 13% approximately.
This figure is just a very rough estimation based on the limited data available to us and contingent on the soundness of the assumptions used.