13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Bindu said:
Thanks Jonhy, I dont remember the agents name, probably CIC is taking time to complete the final eligibilty which might include getting confirmation from bank for the deposited money and verifiying with university about our education, rest of the verification might be done by the VO. I'm convinced that CIC is working hard to get the AOR to all of us and once the AOR is thru we will have a smooth sailing in the VO. Hope the entire process is completed in 9 - 10 months by God's grace.

Regards
Bindu

Regards
Bindu
Hi - I don't think that CIC can get confirmation from a bank for your details. CIC doesn't have that kind of authority, and the bank shouldn't be allowed to disclose any of your banking details. Also, even if the laws in some countries may allow them some information the laws will be different in each country, and IMO it would not be worth the hassle for them.

If they are not satisfied by your proof of funding they will ask for additional documentation IMO, they will not try to contact the bank since the bank will/should refuse to tell them anything.

It's still not 100% clear how much of the process CIC does. It seems they do all of the eligibility review, but their processes also seem to suggest they do the Selection and Admissability section, which would include all background and security checks. But since their processes also now don't say they even send an AOR, we can already see they are wrong!

So we won't really know for sure until the first medical requests come through from VO and we can start to make some guesses regarding the timescales.

I am a bit concerned by the slow-down the past four days (Thurs/Fri/Mon/Tues) when the previous Tues/Weds saw a good number of AORs. Hopefully it is the lull before the storm, but our application was received at the end of August and I am not sceptical that we'll see an AOR before Christmas, so the October/November applicants must be feeling very frustrated!

Wayne.

Neo1983

Dec 1, 2010
Hi ppl!
Following are details of my application. Unfortunately i received my application back as i didnt provide a birth certificate.

Category........: FSW1
Visa Office......: New Delhi
NOC Code......: 7241
App. Filed.......: 27th August 2010

I will be sending the application with the required document soon. I have a question for those who received the application back like i did. Do we have to fill in the new application forms? or resend the same ones?

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Neo1983 said:
Hi ppl!
Following are details of my application. Unfortunately i received my application back as i didnt provide a birth certificate.

Category........: FSW1
Visa Office......: New Delhi
NOC Code......: 7241
App. Filed.......: 27th August 2010

I will be sending the application with the required document soon.
Hi, I am sorry to hear about this. When did you get your application back? I think 3 months is a disgraceful length of time given that CIC can see on day #1 that you didn't have your birth certificate.

Wayne.

Neo1983

Dec 1, 2010
Cappuccino said:
Hi, I am sorry to hear about this. When did you get your application back? I think 3 months is a disgraceful length of time given that CIC can see on day #1 that you didn't have your birth certificate.

Wayne.
Hello Wayne,

I received the application back through regular post today. It took 2.5 months for application to reach me as per the dates mentioned on letter and envelope!! I should have called them or mailed them asking the status instead of waiting for AOR.

Silent

Dec 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Wayne,
Could you please add my details in spreadsheet.

Application received at Nova Scotia : 22 nd Sept ' 10.
Category : FSW1
NOC code : 7242
Mode of payment : BD
VO : New Delhi

Thanks

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
Neo1983 said:
Hello Wayne,

I received the application back through regular post today. It took 2.5 months for application to reach me as per the dates mentioned on letter and envelope!! I should have called them or mailed them asking the status instead of waiting for AOR.
I think even though Canada post is slow it should still take only 2/3 weeks. So I reckon customs are delaying things, and it may depend on your country as to the extent of the delays.

Even with "complete" applications, a few people may experience similar delays if failing the eligibility review, so people around their received date are getting AORs and they may not hear back from CIC for 2/3 months afterwards.

IMO it would be better for CIC to also send an email if an application fails, then at least people know what's going on.

Wayne.

vncviewer

Sep 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
SIngapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-09
Doc's Request.
25-09-09
Nomination.....
15-12-09
AOR Received.
23-12-09
Hello Cappuccino, want to know about you spreadsheet. those people whose application received by CIO on 12 august10, got first AOR 29November10. Did they June post applicant? How they got AOR? by email ? please clear me..

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
vncviewer said:
Hello Cappuccino, want to know about you spreadsheet. those people whose application received by CIO on 12 august10, got first AOR 29November10. Did they June post applicant? How they got AOR? by email ? please clear me..
Ok, it isn't my spreadsheet, it's our spreadsheet :) Created by asaif - I just am one of the people who can edit it. Everyone on the spreadsheet is a post-June-26 applicant.

All the AORs so far have been received by email. CIC will generally communicate by email if possible since it is faster and cheaper than post. Any rejections will be by regular post, since the entire application will be returned if it is rejected.

Hope that answers your queries,
Wayne.

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
Can someone comment on this please, IN MY UNDERSTANDING, AOR SIMPLY MEANS ''ÁCKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RECEIPT'', HAS THIS TERM BEEN USED AS AN EMAIL SUBJECT FOR MAILS RECEIVED SO FAR BY APPLICANTS, TELLING THEM THAT THEIR APPLICATIONS HAVE PASSED THE ELIGIBILITY REVIEW, OR HAS THE TERM AOR, BEEN MENTIONED IN THE BODY OF EMAILS RECEIVED?.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
Naija Pikin said:
Can someone comment on this please, IN MY UNDERSTANDING, AOR SIMPLY MEANS ''ÁCKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RECEIPT'', HAS THIS TERM BEEN USED AS AN EMAIL SUBJECT FOR MAILS RECEIVED SO FAR BY APPLICANTS, TELLING THEM THAT THEIR APPLICATIONS HAVE PASSED THE ELIGIBILITY REVIEW, OR HAS THE TERM AOR, BEEN MENTIONED IN THE BODY OF EMAILS RECEIVED?.
AOR does mean Acknowledgement Of Receipt, yes. Formerly in the pre-June-26 process applicants received two AORs. 1st AOR was sent by CIO when their completeness check and initial eligibility review was done, and they were then asked to send all their supporting documents to visa office within 120 days. They then received a 2nd AOR from the visa office when the visa office received their supporting documents and did a final eligibility review.

With the new process, applicants send their application and all supporting documents at the initial stage. Therefore CIO are able to do the final eligibility review, hence why we are now only going to get a single AOR.

Wayne.

B

bindu.allam

Naija Pikin said:
The literal meaning is obviously that CIC acknowledges the receipt of our application at their office with a mail called AOR. But they dont send the email right away after opening our application. there is a considerable amount of work (like completeness check and eligibility review) to be done on each application before they tell us that our application is with them and being processed. So AOR is equal to passing the eligibility review (the final one for post june 26th applicants) and as far as i know is not mentioned in the body of the email. This eligibility review is final because we send all the necssary documents at a time unlike the earlier process. Bottomline: AOR = Passing the first stage of the application process.

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2015 Local Office....: Mississauga
AOR Received.
03-30-2015 In Process......: 06-15-2015 Test.......: 11-26-2015 Oath........: Waiting
Silent said:
I have replied to your PM. kindly check. All the best.
Hi Silent

Seems your inbox is full .... want to PM you.... Thanks.

Cheers, Anil

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
bindu.allam said:
The literal meaning is obviously that CIC acknowledges the receipt of our application at their office with a mail called AOR. But they dont send the email right away after opening our application. there is a considerable amount of work (like completeness check and eligibility review) to be done on each application before they tell us that our application is with them and being processed. So AOR is equal to passing the eligibility review (the final one for post june 26th applicants) and as far as i know is not mentioned in the body of the email. This eligibility review is final because we send all the necssary documents at a time unlike the earlier process. Bottomline: AOR = Passing the first stage of the application process.
I guess it is then convenient to say that term AOR which is commonly used here, is more appropriate for pre June 26th applications. The post june 26th applicants now receive a notification of a positive final determination of eligibility for processing.
In other words, I should be looking out for a Positive Eligibility Review= PER :p :p :p :p

hamayun

Nov 3, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2017, Case file CIC
Doc's Request.
25-April-2017
Nomination.....
23 November 2016
AOR Received.
11-March-2017
IELTS Request
16-07-2013 submit with file online
File Transfer...
13-March-2017
Med's Request
25-April-2016
Med's Done....
12-May-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
05 July 2017
VISA ISSUED...
25 July 2017
LANDED..........
1 September 2017
Hi
I am applicant March 2005 backlog , CHC Islamabad, case move September 2010 London.
Six years spent and still wait
Any person receive letter from backlog please share
hamayun

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
hamayun said:
Hi
I am applicant March 2005 backlog , CHC Islamabad, case move September 2010 London.
Six years spent and still wait
Any person receive letter from backlog please share
hamayun
Contact backloggers or call 911 :p :p :p :p LOL