File Transfer...
2AOR - 8.03.2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
pun123 said:
My apology to ask the below question as most of us are still waiting for the first AOR. I hope we all should be getting the first AOR by in Dec 10. CIC has only 4000+ applicants. I believe CIO would be finishing the AOR work before x-mas.

My question is

What may be the expected time from first AOR received to medical request. Let us guess and keep this thread alive with some new ideas

I understand that all the documents submitted by us would fly down to our respective country VO. I hope they would reach safely. I know the documents (if they are sent between the embassy offices of same country, in two different countries) they are treated as diplomatic mail and have none chances of misplacement.

Let me assume as below

Document reaching to local VO (from the date of first AOR) : 2 weeks

Local VO doing documents fraud checking, calling employer, site visit etc: 4 weeks

Issue the medical + PPR : 2 weeks

Medical received : 2 weeks

Visa Issue: 2 weeks

Misc delays: 4 weeks

Am I too optimistic for thinking about 16 weeks time line.

Regards
I was not so positive last time when guessing AOR and was wrong ... but 16 weeks too fast!
- CIO will definately wait for pack of applications to send them to VO. Time for delivery 1 month (I suppose).
- VO review and request for PCC and Meds - 1-2 weeks
- results of Meds 2-3 month (as I understood from other treads)
- Passport request and visa issue 2 weeks

In total: 5 month ???

canady

Sep 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 02-09-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with App.
AOR Received.
21-12-2010 [img]http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc386/hazooma/Maple.gif[/img]
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
Guys please comment or rectify the following:

The AOR is stating "Based on a review of the information you have provided, your application has received a positive final determination of eligibility for processing on the basis of:
X Work experience in an occupation specified in the Instructions issued by the Minister of
Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on
June 26, 2010."

The above means that all the eligibility process has been done in this step (i.e CIO did all the work & asked the help of the VO if necessary to contact the applicant's employers & that what can cause delay in issuing the AOR).

So the "for processing" word means issuing the medical & VISA because according to the AOR you are finally has been found eligible & accepted so they will not review your application again by the VO or ask for another documents because "your application has received a positive final determination of eligibility".
How can it is a final determination of eligibility & they are going to re-review or continue reviewing by the VO & then you may not be eligible ?! ???!!!

Your ideas are highly appreciated dear forumers.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Hi guys,

I updated the Projections tab of our spreadsheet:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AiJy8Qu8lcQbdGxiSnNhME5sVi1uRlZtUWNhOEFwemc&hl=ar&authkey=CLDXsFA#gid=6

Currently looking at 8396 completed applications by 30 June 2011

Wayne.

canady

Sep 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 02-09-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with App.
AOR Received.
21-12-2010 [img]http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc386/hazooma/Maple.gif[/img]
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
Cappuccino said:
Hi guys,

I updated the Projections tab of our spreadsheet:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AiJy8Qu8lcQbdGxiSnNhME5sVi1uRlZtUWNhOEFwemc&hl=ar&authkey=CLDXsFA#gid=6

Currently looking at 8396 completed applications by 30 June 2011

Wayne.
Wayne, thanks friend for your effort.

Please comment on my previous quote

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
canady said:

The AOR is stating "Based on a review of the information you have provided, your application has received a positive final determination of eligibility for processing on the basis of:
X Work experience in an occupation specified in the Instructions issued by the Minister of
Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on
June 26, 2010."

The above means that all the eligibility process has been done in this step (i.e CIO did all the work & asked the help of the VO if necessary to contact the applicant's employers & that what can cause delay in issuing the AOR).

So the "for processing" word means issuing the medical & VISA because according to the AOR you are finally has been found eligible & accepted so they will not review your application again by the VO or ask for another documents because "your application has received a positive final determination of eligibility".
How can it is a final determination of eligibility & they are going to re-review or continue reviewing by the VO & then you may not be eligible ?! ???!!!

Hi,

There is a certain amount of ambiguity here, since according to their processes shouldn't won't even send an AOR. Since these processes have now been proven wrong because they're now sending AORs, we cannot really rely on them.

After the eligibility review is selection + admissability. This is where they check your proof of funds, and do a final calculation to get 67 points etc. So my guess is that visa office will do the selection + admissability and then ask for medicals. CIO have just done the final eligibility review for them now.

However, their processes state that the app goes to visa office AFTER the selection and admissability phase, which would indicate that CIO do this as well.

So it could be that visa office just sort out medicals and issue visa. Really we don't have any firm confirmation since the processes they have posted have already proven to be incorrect.

Guess we'll know more when the first person receives a medical request.

Please also remember each visa office has a limit on how many visas they are allowed to issue. I *think* it runs from January to January, but any applicants awaiting visa where the visa office has run out for this year will get there visas before any of us.

Wayne.

crissy225

Star Member
Oct 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2010
Doc's Request.
08-12-2010 received by doug
IELTS Request
included in the application
hello friends! anyone here who used credit card as payment? concerning the fee payment form, section b credit card payment authorization,did you place the date at the bottom right corner of the form? i'm confused, coz it says in the authorization number, for official use only, i don't know if the date there is for them,too.

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canady said:

June 26, 2010."

Refereing OP6 point # 13.2

The VO specific role is mentioned in brief, but it mentions the verification process by VO.

So as per my understanding VO is going to do the verifications. If the verified documents are true they would proceed further. The only diffrerence for us id VO is not getting incvolved in 67 marks process.

EnvioZA

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 22
Doc's Request.
Sent with app.
AOR Received.
15th Feb. 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
Med's Request
13/5/2011
Med's Done....
17/5/2011
Passport Req..
9/8/2011
canady said:

June 26, 2010."

Hi Canady,
I think you are almost correct. I said almost because we observed two steps so far,
1. Completeness check - can be understood by CC/BD envashment.
2. Eligibility review - can be understood by Issuing first AOR.
I think this final determination means = your application is complete , documents you provided are in correct order=you are found eligible= now your file can be transfered to VO. Meaning you are almost through.
Now there can be still processing or review in VO, we don't know yet. For example- contacting employers, asking for current bank balance...I am saying this because we don't know if CIO contacted respective employers or not. My guess, probably not. So VO may still do that, if they find everything is fine, then finally VO may ask for PCC or MEDs.
Thats my idea. May be some may predict something better.

-zahed

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
Hi,

There is a certain amount of ambiguity here, since according to their processes shouldn't won't even send an AOR. Since these processes have now been proven wrong because they're now sending AORs, we cannot really rely on them.

After the eligibility review is selection + admissability. This is where they check your proof of funds, and do a final calculation to get 67 points etc. So my guess is that visa office will do the selection + admissability and then ask for medicals. CIO have just done the final eligibility review for them now.

However, their processes state that the app goes to visa office AFTER the selection and admissability phase, which would indicate that CIO do this as well.

So it could be that visa office just sort out medicals and issue visa. Really we don't have any firm confirmation since the processes they have posted have already proven to be incorrect.

Guess we'll know more when the first person receives a medical request.

Please also remember each visa office has a limit on how many visas they are allowed to issue. I *think* it runs from January to January, but any applicants awaiting visa where the visa office has run out for this year will get there visas before any of us.

Wayne.

What I understand is:

CIO would do final selection etc based on the documents attached with an application. Let us say each application has 20 diffterent documents. CIO would trust what you have provided. and give you points and forward to VO.

Now VO would randomly select one or two document from your bunch and do the verification with local country authority or your employer. VO would not select all bunch and verify all of them.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
EnvioZA said:
Hi Canady,
I think you are almost correct. I said almost because we observed two steps so far,
I think this final determination means = your application is complete , documents you provided are in correct order=you are found eligible= now your file can be transfered to VO. Meaning you are almost through.
Now there can be still processing or review in VO, we don't know yet. For example- contacting employers, asking for current bank balance...I am saying this because we don't know if CIO contacted respective employers or not. My guess, probably not. So VO may still do that, if they find everything is fine, then finally VO may ask for PCC or MEDs.

-zahed
I am fairly certain we will wait less time at visa office than pre-June-26 applicants, because our applications will be further into the process when they get there. How much faster, and whether this compensates for the longer delay at CIO, remains to be seen of course.

Wayne.

canady

Sep 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 02-09-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with App.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
pun123 said:
What I understand is:

CIO would do final selection etc based on the documents attached with an application. Let us say each application has 20 diffterent documents. CIO would trust what you have provided. and give you points and forward to VO.

Now VO would randomly select one or two document from your bunch and do the verification with local country authority or your employer. VO would not select all bunch and verify all of them.
I am with you guys that they are unintentionally miss-leading us by their instructions & actions but the word FINAL is a very attractive word :D

sasi6174

Star Member
Jun 28, 2010
EnvioZA said:
Hi Canady,

-zahed

WE HAVE SUBMITTED ALL THE DOCUMENT IN 1 TIME, EVEN PROCESS TIME IS LOOK LIKE LENGTHY ,

WHAT IS THE USE OF SUBMITTING FULL DOCUMENTS INCLUDING VO APPLICATION,

WE HAVE TO ANALYZE ,

THERE MUST BE BIG DIFFERENT IN PROCESSING FROM PRE AND POST JUNE 26

WE WILL COME TO KNOW VERY SOON

SASI

EnvioZA

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 22
Doc's Request.
Sent with app.
AOR Received.
15th Feb. 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
Med's Request
13/5/2011
Med's Done....
17/5/2011
Passport Req..
9/8/2011
Cappuccino said:
I am fairly certain we will wait less time at visa office than pre-June-26 applicants, because our applications will be further into the process when they get there. How much faster, and whether this compensates for the longer delay at CIO, remains to be seen of course.

Wayne.
Wayne,
I agree. The CIO did half of the work or may be more ( complteness check by having all the doc's at a time, issuing AOR etc), which is usually ( for Pre-June) done by VO. Therefore as I am saying for sometime that once our applications hit respective VO it will be faster than Pre-june applicants. I hope and pray that's the case.
Lets wait and see.
-zahed

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
pun123 said:
What I understand is:

Dear pun123,
I second your notion...+1 from me

EnvioZA

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 22
Doc's Request.
Sent with app.
AOR Received.
15th Feb. 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
Med's Request
13/5/2011
Med's Done....
17/5/2011
Passport Req..
9/8/2011
Dear sasi6174 ,
You are right that we submitted all the DOCs.
The difference is that CIO can check completness at a glance by looking at all your docs, which they had to by VO in 2 to 3 steps. It must help them to minus uncomplete applications quickly. Which will in turn remove backlog and make process faster. Therefore once your application is passed by CIO you are almost through.
Now, What will be the job for VO ?? I guess they have their share too.
I just hope, VO will take less time to do whatever they are there to do. But we have to see how less time they really take.
-zahed