Applications after 26/6 in any NOC CONNECT HERE TO GET THE STATUS

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sara14 said:
Dear Mitali,

Thanks for ur quick reply, course is commencing from January 2012, Now let Me know whether i have to apply for an student visa or else i have to wait for pr process to get over, shl i make a request to the visa officer regarding this status and also let me know due to this request whether my pr process will get into any problem and please add my details in new delhi spread sheet.
Hi Sara,

Your situation is termed as " Dual Intent".....this means that you are indicating through your PR application that you have FULL INTENT to make Canada your home. Now when you apply for student visa, you will have to prove that you have 100% intent to return back to your home country which is in contradiction with your PR application.

Generally, these type of student applications are rejected for obvious reasons that enough proof was not available on file to prove that the applicant will return home. This is a very difficult situation to convince the VO because you have an ongoing PR application....although CIC allows Dual Intent. Visitor applicants who have PR applications in process generally are successful...because they can show proof that they would return back to home country (Return tickets, on going job, property, ailing parents etc).

Your PR application will not be affected until you join the course...the chances of which looks rather bleak. You could just update VO and nothing else. Your student Visa application will not be easy, for sure.

IMO, if you can extend the date for the course then you should try that and attend the course after you get your PR...this will also decrease the fees for the course. As you may already know International students pay about 3 times the fees that a PR or a citizen would pay.

Please take your time and make a well informed decision.

Mitali

Wicked Blues

Mar 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
December 2012
AVSNEH said:
ya blues.... Its on its way......Just a matter of 2 to 3 weeks now.....
hope your words come true Avsneh..... ;) ;)

R

RKC

wenstumped said:
Hi RKC, the ecase is not the most reliable source of information. There have been several times in the past that everyone's ecase has simultaneously shown 'In Process' without it actually being so. The only way to know if the file is genuinely 'In process' is if the details inside have 3 lines:
We received your application on so and so date
We sent your a letter on XXXXX
Your file was reviewed and we began processing on XXXXXX

It is after the addition of the line in purple that the file is genuinely 'In Process'.

All the best!
Thanks wendy & mitali for reply.

I always liked the post 26th june 2010 group. Couldn't be a part of it as my application was returned last year for being incomplete (missing birth Cert.)

If not ecas is there any other genuine way to know what's up with our applications ?

My ecas already reads In Process & the purple line is not yet there.
Will a line like 'received by visa office' would be added later on ? for me to know VO has my papers.

Sorry for asking too many questions.

Thanks again.

arjignesh

Jan 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
27-03-2012
Moderator,

Please update that I got DM also along with PPR..

Paramvir

Apr 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
mitali said:
Congratulations......

I am both surprised and happy... Surprised because you could keep your patience for so long without asking a single question and Happy because this forum is so complete with all kinds of questions and related answers, that you were able to dig and find answers by yourself.

Thanks for proving the details of your application timeline, just as is required by the tracker. :)

Welcome to Canada. :)

Mitali

Double Like

LOUTH

Oct 5, 2011
Lethbridge
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
21-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-12
LANDED..........
06-05-12
arjignesh said:
Moderator,

CONGRATULATIONS ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

9jcanada

Champion Member
Oct 16, 2010
Calgary Alberta
App. Filed.......
12/01/2011
AOR Received.
10/06/2011
Med's Request
09/02/2012
Med's Done....
14/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
arjignesh said:
Moderator,

Congratulations arjignesh. You are one of the lucky applicants in London VO with such a speedy processing.

Enjoy your new life in Canada.

9j

queencougar

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial app.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with initial app.
File Transfer...
4.3.11 IN PROCESS 26.7.11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
Hello, everyone.
Been a while since I posted because I have come to Canada to be with my husband at last and I have had a lot to do settling in and sorting out the house.
I will have to go back at some point to tie up affairs but at least now I can share some time with my husband and the waiting doesn't seem so bad.

Since 3rd September when London VO received our new Police checks and IM0008 form which they asked for, we have heard nothing.
I was hoping for Medical Requests very soon after they received the documents as I know of another FSW Cat 2 who applied at a similar time to us who is already at the Passport Request stage but there is still no communication from London for us.

edong sent me a PM to say he had received his Med requests, but I am so behind on London progress so if anyone can give me a quick resume I would be grateful. ;)

Louise-01

May 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pradeepkumar_v said:
Thanks entemaria!.

Hey Buffalo Folks, Just came back to my city.

On Tuesday, I went to Canadian Consulate at Buffalo for my visa stamping. It took me around two hours to get the passport back with with visa and copr documents. And then I crossed the Rainbow Bridge in Niagara falls and completed my landing process. It took me from ten to fifteen minutes and finally the procedure is over. They told me to update my social insurance number and health card.

Finally officer said with a smile "You are permanent resident now".

Guys I understand there where delays in the process but after you completed all of these, the feel you get is wordless.

Thank you very much for your support in the past year during my pr process.

Hope everyone get theirs soon, wish you all the best.

Thanks,

Pradeep
Beautiful story....it almost made me cry!
Congrats, you're finally Canadian hey!

Kind regards,
Louise!

Louise-01

May 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kokocook said:
Hi, all.
It's my first writing, but I have been a silent member.
Today I got my passport back.
I'm planning to complete landing next week.
I want to share my timeline.

category : FSW2= I have a work permit.
VO : Buffalo
application filed : 16-sep-2010
AOR received : 10-Janu-2011(e-mail B05**)
CIO-S Eligibility Review complete : 13-Feb-2011
RBVO : 25-Mar-2011
In process : 25-July-2011
Medical request : 08-Aug-2011(regular mail)
Med done : 18-Aug-2011
Passport request : 14-Sep-2011 (e-mail)
medical result line appear: 16-Sep-2011
passport sent to VO: 21-Sep-2011 arrive there: 26-Sep
Passport From VO : 07-Oct-2011
Drcision Made : 08-Oct-2011
Passport delivered : 12-Oct-2011
Congrats!!!
Good to read a FSW2 had got a visa!!!
Have a great life in Canada!

Kind regards,
Louise!

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Guys,
I want your opinion on this: I e-mailed VO to enquire if one can do medicals in another country (as I will be going away for 6 weeks) other than the one stated on the application and also when I am likely to get medical request?

I had this e-mail response:

"Hello,

Please be informed that your file is still in queue for review and medical exams have not been requested as at now.
In case the medical instructions are issued any time soon, you may do the test with any of our accredited doctors in any country. Only note that you'll have go back to the same doctor if your mdeicals are furthered".

My questions is:
1. When additional docs are requested and VO gives 60 days, does it mean that it is only after 60 days that they will open your file again?
2. Is the BFD the 60 days given?
3. Am I right in thinking that after 24 Oct (60 days from date additional docs sent to VO), I am likely to get medical request?
Thanks...Mandie

montu

Jun 24, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
london``
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july2010
Doc's Request.
8thjuly2010
AOR Received.
22-11-2010
IELTS Request
àt the time of application
File Transfer...
22-11-2010 to lon vo
Med's Request
21-3-2011
Med's Done....
22-6-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
in oct 2011
arjignesh said:
Moderator,

congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mari1981

Dec 9, 2010
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
File Transfer...
April 2016
[size=10pt]Congratulations Pradeep [/size]

Mari

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mandiebraxton said:
Guys,
I want your opinion on this: I e-mailed VO to enquire if one can do medicals in another country (as I will be going away for 6 weeks) other than the one stated on the application and also when I am likely to get medical request?

I had this e-mail response:

"Hello,

Please be informed that your file is still in queue for review and medical exams have not been requested as at now.
In case the medical instructions are issued any time soon, you may do the test with any of our accredited doctors in any country. Only note that you'll have go back to the same doctor if your mdeicals are furthered".

My questions is:
1. When additional docs are requested and VO gives 60 days, does it mean that it is only after 60 days that they will open your file again?The 60d deadline is for the applicant....not for the VO. If your docs reach early and you are 1st in the queue of such applicants then your application will be considered 1st

2. Is the BFD the 60 days given?Did not quite understand.....if you are asking- if 60d is included in BFD, then yes it is, but again if your docs reach early then the 60d or whatever left time becomes redundant

3. Am I right in thinking that after 24 Oct (60 days from date additional docs sent to VO), I am likely to get medical request?This is not correct. Receiving MR is irrespective of the 60d deadline

Thanks...Mandie

smiler 11

Mar 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/11/2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
.22/02/2011....
IELTS Request
submitted with app
File Transfer...
.....28/03/2011 approx
Med's Request
.....13/10/2011
Med's Done....
......02/12/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
30/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
asap ;0)
mandie, we were requested to send updated pcc etc in July , we were given 60 days to do so, our 60 days have been and gone and we still havent received any news from VO. Hopefully we will hear soon :'(