waived
Passport Req..
sent on 12-04-2011, then renewed one on 23-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
DECISION MADE
LANDED..........
CHRISTMAS TIME
indira_prab said:
Update from our side: We might LAND in Vancouver instead of Toronto! One of our long time friends is settled in Vancouver and he is offering to help us settle there :eek:. Unsure about how easy it is to get a survival job, at least for me?

On the other hand, my cousin is settled in Toronto and she is willing to host us for the initial weeks too..

Totally confused now ::) ::) Suggestions?

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.
What I heard is Toronto is better place for initial struggle and moreover your cousin is there to help you...

regards

wenstumped

Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, its almost the end of the week. Someone please report some good news, this week has not been the most 'motivational'. ???

Indira: Vancouver is a better place in terms of the weather but it is a more expensive city to live in. Toronto, on the other hand, gets the highest number of immigrants because it is relatively easier to settle down in.
Personally, I chose Vancouver for the weather and because I have a few friends there. In the end, you'll probably have to visit both to decide which suits you better.

Rohan09

Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 9' 10
AOR Received.
Jan 7' 11
IELTS Request
Original doc sent with application
Med's Request
Mar 3' 11
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Mar 3' 11
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 5' 11
LANDED..........
Oct 28' 11
indira_prab said:
Update from our side: We might LAND in Vancouver instead of Toronto! One of our long time friends is settled in Vancouver and he is offering to help us settle there :eek:. Unsure about how easy it is to get a survival job, at least for me?

On the other hand, my cousin is settled in Toronto and she is willing to host us for the initial weeks too..

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.
It is only last night that we have planned to land in Toronto instead of Vancouver. Since beginning of my immigration process we wanted to land and settle down in Vancouver but after having taken views n opinion from several people and looking at the labor market, we decided just 12 hours back that we will land in Toronto.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
indira_prab said:

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.
Ok - Vancouver IMO is probably better with regards quality of life (it is in fact one of the top cities in the entire world for quality of life) and the things you can do there. And British Columbia is IMO the most beautiful province in all of Canada.

But Toronto is more of a job epicentre and it is easier to get a job there.

Many people start off in Toronto then move to Vancouver after they've got settled.

We decided to take the bull by the horns and go straight for Vancouver.

Plus if you settle in Vancouver you get to hang out with me+my wife, CanadaJimmy and Queencougar+her husband ;)

Wayne.

POSITIVE

Sep 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Wayne, Indira ,Anil and other veterans of this forum...Today i got following email frm ND VO...Though it is somewhat more specific than previous useless almost automated response...Pls interepret it...does it convey that my application has some trouble as it says "Further review is needed before a decision can be made on your application"????
================ ===
hERE is their reply---

"Further review is needed before a decision can be made on your application. I am therefore unable to provide you with a definitive time frame for finalization. I can confirm, however, that processing is proceeding and there is currently no action required on your part."

J

John_Dorry

Hi Dears,

still no news from Rabat VO… I really don't know what's happening there !

I just had 2 questions :

- Do you think it's normal to have a file "IN PROCESS" (processing started on May 5), and to still don't get à 2nd AOR ? Is the 2nd AOR always sent by email ? Or by post (so, normal longer delivery time) ?

- I've also seen that sometimes you can get Medicals instructions directly after the file turns IN PROCESS (even without 2nd AOR)… Do they come always by post ?

Thanks !

John

coolbreeze

Star Member
Apr 9, 2011
NEW DELHI, INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
aug. 2011
LANDED..........
nov. 2011
Looking at ND spreadsheet, I noticed quite a few people who submitted all their docs and some even RPRF encashed two months ago,
have not got a decision yet. Any guesses why?

Canada-here we come

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Nomination.....
PER--28-10-2014
AOR Received.
not yet
IELTS Request
with Application
File Transfer...
not yet
Med's Request
14-05-2015
Med's Done....
21-05-2015
Interview........
recieved stamped passports on 29-7-15
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13 July 2015
LANDED..........
Oct 2015
POSITIVE said:
Dear Wayne, Indira ,Anil and other veterans of this forum...Today i got following email frm ND VO...Though it is somewhat more specific than previous useless almost automated response...Pls interepret it...does it convey that my application has some trouble as it says "Further review is needed before a decision can be made on your application"????
===================

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

Further review is needed before a decision can be made on your application. I am therefore unable to provide you with a definitive time frame for finalization. I can confirm, however, that processing is proceeding and there is currently no action required on your part.

Our office will be in touch with you directly should we need any further information or to advise of the next steps. Until then, we will not be able to provide any further information regarding your application.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Immigration Section / Section de l'immigration
Canadian High Commission
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New
Delhi
India / Inde
Well i think they just started on your file.....looks good to me.

always+ve

Dec 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6th Aug
Doc's Request.
With Appln
AOR Received.
23rd Nov
IELTS Request
with Appl
File Transfer...
16th Feb
Med's Request
2nd March
Med's Done....
11th March
Passport Req..
2nd March, submitted 16th March, old passports submitted 4th June
From the ND spreadsheet i can see that you have not even received your medical requests. Can you confirm whether you have or not.

POSITIVE said:
===================

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

Further review is needed before a decision can be made on your application. I am therefore unable to provide you with a definitive time frame for finalization. I can confirm, however, that processing is proceeding and there is currently no action required on your part.

Our office will be in touch with you directly should we need any further information or to advise of the next steps. Until then, we will not be able to provide any further information regarding your application.

Canadian High Commission
New
Delhi
India / Inde

POSITIVE

Sep 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No...I have receiven NOTHINg after getting AOR letter from CHC ND in Feb 2011...NO MR..Nothing...
always+ve said:
From the ND spreadsheet i can see that you have not even received your medical requests. Can you confirm whether you have or not.

CB

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
POSITIVE said:
===================

Dear Sir/Madam,

Canadian High Commission
New
Delhi
India / Inde
Nothing to worry..IMO ND VO is busy smplace else...Last Medical Req-5th may..and last decision made Chetna(5th may..Calculated as per her BFD and updated next Sunday)
CB

wenstumped

Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
John_Dorry said:
Hi Dears,

still no news from Rabat VO... I really don't know what's happening there !

I just had 2 questions :

- Do you think it's normal to have a file "IN PROCESS" (processing started on May 5), and to still don't get à 2nd AOR ? Is the 2nd AOR always sent by email ? Or by post (so, normal longer delivery time) ?

- I've also seen that sometimes you can get Medicals instructions directly after the file turns IN PROCESS (even without 2nd AOR)... Do they come always by post ?

Thanks !

John
Hi John,

It depends on the VOs. Some of them send out 2nd AORs while others do not. We do not have other members from Raabat so we can't really guess at what procedure they will follow. I hope that your medicals are their way to you though.
The medicals are sent by post, hopefully registered mail. So it could take a while to get to you. I have London as my VO, my processing began on the 3rd of May and I am hoping to get my medicals in the next few days.

mrejto

May 19, 2011
indira_prab said:

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.
Van is a better choice. So what do you want to do for living once settled?

POSITIVE

Sep 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks CB...i hope it is so...
CB said:
Nothing to worry..IMO ND VO is busy smplace else...Last Medical Req-5th may..and last decision made Chetna(5th may..Calculated as per her BFD and updated next Sunday)
CB

spokes

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Already landed!
9jcanada said:
Hey spokes,

How you dey sis?

Not sure how the licensing procedures is for you guys buy for Physiotherapists, the best advice is to start the credential evaluation before or while the immigration process is going on as one would have enough time and space to do the run around for documentation gathering sitting for Academic IELTS etc, and more importantly it safes a lot of time and stress so one can focus on preparing for exams and all that goes with relocation to another country once one gets to Canada.

Not minding that CIO are still holding on to my file, I have completed my credential evaluation and I am sitting for Part 1 (written) of the exam this summer. If I scale that (God wiling I will), I will be able to get a conditional registration (Temporary Licence) and work under supervision for few months when we finally move to Canada. That am hoping should give me some Canadian clinical orientation to sit the Part 2 (clinical exam).

My wife is also almost through with her Social Work Registration in Alberta.She may have to undergo a few months of supervised practice initially depending on the outcome of her evaluation process. The good news is, the job market for Physiotherapists and social workers in Canada is still very buoyant, if one can get over the immigration and the professional licensing hurdles.

9j
Hey 9j!
Just seeing this post! How you dey?
My brother, this licensing thing is turning out to be a major turning point for any settlement plans and I am happy for anyone who realizes that and goes for the exams early!
That certainly shortens the time for any "survival" jobs if you intend to start with one!
I got through my evaluation exams already and have the MCQs and OSCEs (which I can challenge 6 months apart I think) and that should take care of it, I hope!
How far with the PER? It shouldn't be far away hopefully.
Tops of the day to you.
Cheers.