Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2015 Local Office....: Mississauga
AOR Received.
03-30-2015 In Process......: 06-15-2015 Test.......: 11-26-2015 Oath........: Waiting
Victory said:
I just got MR :)
Pls update my ..............
YOU...WILL BE THE NEXT :-*
Beshocar said:
hi i got a reply from CIC ...............
Your application will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing.
Binny said:
Hi Anil,

Please update in the spreadsheet! I have received my PER on 30th March.

Thanks..

Congrats

Victory - I wish you a successful medicals...... :D
Beshocar & Binny - Welcome to the PER club ..... :D

Cheers, Anil

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2015 Local Office....: Mississauga
AOR Received.
03-30-2015 In Process......: 06-15-2015 Test.......: 11-26-2015 Oath........: Waiting
maplecan said:
To Shareen, Bindu, Anil and other MR, PPR, RPRF receivers from NDVO

What type of Background check VO is performing to our employers before issuing MR, PPR or RPRF letter? do they call to our office or to the signing authority of the letters?

waiting for your reply

Maplecan
rupesh nayak said:
Dear all,
If any one have received a phone call from Visa Office India, regards the routing inquiry, then please share your experience, like

1. What they ask ? 2. How can we prepare for it ? 3. Are they call to our employers or not ? 4. Inquiry is compulsory to all candidate ? 5. Any one get the MR, PPR $ RPRF without inquiry ?

Thnak's :eek:
Dear maplecan and Rupesh

As far as I understand, till now, whoever has got MR (under ND VO)- Applicants are not aware of any BC done on their applications. One member from Nepal got phone call as part of BC. Even employer was called. This applicant is awaiting MR (present status RBVO). I can only assume the following-
(1) They can ask (to employer) anything related to your employment ... right from address of the company to your job duties. If they call applicant (or spouse, or for the matter of fact anyone who establishes the relationship with the PA, if phone # is provided), they can ask anything whatever you have filled in the application .... right from your IELTS score to different places where you have stayed to the number of children!!
(2) You have already submitted your details. The preparation depend on the complexity of the case ...... but better to inform the employer (whose V/card you have attached) ...... including the person who normally lifts the phone in office(& at home) + reception.
(3) ..... they may call at any place depending upon the details that you have provided ....office number, employer mobile#, your residence # ...... entirely depends on the V/Officer's grudge ...... :'( and his determination to take down your happiness ...... :-[
(4) Every application will be throughly scrutinised, but not necessarily called/ inquired ..... mostly in case of doubt or for some clarification. Rarely they may call a perfect application ...... lest it is too perfect..... :p :p
(5) One can assume that we all have got MR w/out inquiry.... at least we are not aware of..... & neither our employer has confirmed about that.

BUT did observe the following -
-- many of our forum friends are not coming out with the problems that they are facing (for obvious reasons). They have been contacted directly by the VO for clarification related to their job duties, authenticity of their company's existence/ website, salaries, IT returns etc... They are warned for the misrepresentation fact and are given 30 days to explain/ reply the query.
-- That stage is usually when your processing starts and under RBVO ...
-- if there is a marriage related query - it means that spouse name is not added in either or both passports OR maiden name is not changed. The doubt is more when there is no children ..... :-X ..... if the reply / explanation is not proper or up to the V/officer's satisfaction ...one may be called even for an interview.

Cheers, Anil

nitroxn

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
8/8/2010 Full docs submitted
IELTS Request
Submitted
anil04_10 said:
Dear maplecan and Rupesh

As far as I understand, till now, whoever has got MR (under ND VO)- Applicants are not aware of any BC done on their applications. One member from Nepal got phone call as part of BC. Even employer was called. This applicant is awaiting MR (present status RBVO). I can only assume the following-
(1) They can ask (to employer) anything related to your employment ... right from address of the company to your job duties. If they call applicant (or spouse, or for the matter of fact anyone who establishes the relationship with the PA, if phone # is provided), they can ask anything whatever you have filled in the application .... right from your IELTS score to different places where you have stayed to the number of children!!
(2) You have already submitted your details. The preparation depend on the complexity of the case ...... but better to inform the employer (whose V/card you have attached) ...... including the person who normally lifts the phone in office(& at home) + reception.
(3) ..... they may call at any place depending upon the details that you have provided ....office number, employer mobile#, your residence # ...... entirely depends on the V/Officer's grudge ...... :'( and his determination to take down your happiness ...... :-[
(4) Every application will be throughly scrutinised, but not necessarily called/ inquired ..... mostly in case of doubt or for some clarification. Rarely they may call a perfect application ...... lest it is too perfect..... :p :p
(5) One can assume that we all have got MR w/out inquiry.... at least we are not aware of..... & neither our employer has confirmed about that.

BUT did observe the following -
-- many of our forum friends are not coming out with the problems that they are facing (for obvious reasons). They have been contacted directly by the VO for clarification related to their job duties, authenticity of their company's existence/ website, salaries, IT returns etc... They are warned for the misrepresentation fact and are given 30 days to explain/ reply the query.
-- That stage is usually when your processing starts and under RBVO ...
-- if there is a marriage related query - it means that spouse name is not added in either or both passports OR maiden name is not changed. The doubt is more when there is no children ..... :-X ..... if the reply / explanation is not proper or up to the V/officer's satisfaction ...one may be called even for an interview.

Cheers, Anil
I understand that phone calls in background checks are the most crucial part of the application processing but i think they are by no means the best solution to do a background check because I think it can be rigged. Even though I have recieved MR request I have not been called neither my employers. Is there a possiblity that the phone call is made only for sampling reasons under the discretion of the Visa Officer and under some circumstances.

Since I have submitted my passports and assume that under the new process- background verification, medicals results validation are all going at the same time in the new process. Keeps me wondering how long will it take...

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
nitroxn said:
I understand that phone calls in background checks are the most crucial part of the application processing but i think they are by no means the best solution to do a background check because I think it can be rigged. Even though I have recieved MR request I have not been called neither my employers. Is there a possiblity that the phone call is made only for sampling reasons under the discretion of the Visa Officer and under some circumstances.

Since I have submitted my passports and assume that under the new process- background verification, medicals results validation are all going at the same time in the new process. Keeps me wondering how long will it take...
Hi. My understanding is that only a small % of applicants will have their employers contacted. They do a small number of random spotchecks to act as a deterrent against fraud, and also they will perform employment verification if they are unconvinced by the documentation which has been provided.

I of course do not know the exact numbers but I would guess only around 5% of us will actually have our employers contacted.

Medical requests happen after background checks, so I am fairly sure that if you have received medical requests and they have not yet contacted your employer, that they will not contact them at all.

New Delhi do things a little differently to other visa offices in that they request passports at the same time as they request medicals. Most other visa offices do not request passports until they are ready to issue the visa. I guess the advantage with the "New Delhi" process is that they shave a few weeks off not having to request passports and wait for them to come in, but the downside is that the applicants can be without their passports for several months.

Owing to the minimum length of time it will take to do security checks, my guess is that it will be at least 2 months, maybe 3+ months, after medicals to actually get the visa.

Be thankful you have medical requests :) A large number of July, August and early September applicants are getting very frustrated because some Novermber applicants are now getting medical requests, and many of us early applicants have still heard nothing at all :(

Wayne.

nitroxn

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
8/8/2010 Full docs submitted
IELTS Request
Submitted
Thanks Wayne, the information was very helpful. Hoping for the best.... and preparing for the worst I guess.

pardis1975

Star Member
Sep 26, 2010
Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
D/Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th Nov
AOR Received.
22th feb.
Hey there,
Finally VO got my documents ...Please update my ecase now it shows Received by Visa office....
Best luck ...

mateen

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
AOR Received.
16-2-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
30.3.2011 to warsaw
mateen said:
please update my status to RBVO
country of origin : Iran
country of residence : Iran

Mateen
Dear wayne
kindly update new status of me and Pardis1975

cheers
mateen

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
mateen said:
Dear wayne
kindly update new status of me and Pardis1975

cheers
mateen
Hi - I have updated as requested.

However, please address any requests to update to admins in general, not personally to me. There are around 10 people who can update the spreadsheet and contrary to popular belief I don't live at my computer ;)

Best wishes,
Wayne.

pardis1975

Star Member
Sep 26, 2010
Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
D/Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th Nov
AOR Received.
22th feb.
Cappuccino said:

However, please address any requests to update to admins in general, not personally to me. There are around 10 people who can update the spreadsheet and contrary to popular belief I don't live at my computer ;)

Best wishes,
Wayne.
hey wayne ,
Thank you for updating.... you and other ppl who updating the spreadsheet are doing a great job ....
Best luck

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thats correct - OP6 says the same thing but off course in their own language.......

Cappuccino said:
Hi. My understanding is that only a small % of applicants will have their employers contacted. They do a small number of random spotchecks to act as a deterrent against fraud, and also they will perform employment verification if they are unconvinced by the documentation which has been provided.

I of course do not know the exact numbers but I would guess only around 5% of us will actually have our employers contacted.

Medical requests happen after background checks, so I am fairly sure that if you have received medical requests and they have not yet contacted your employer, that they will not contact them at all.

New Delhi do things a little differently to other visa offices in that they request passports at the same time as they request medicals. Most other visa offices do not request passports until they are ready to issue the visa. I guess the advantage with the "New Delhi" process is that they shave a few weeks off not having to request passports and wait for them to come in, but the downside is that the applicants can be without their passports for several months.

Owing to the minimum length of time it will take to do security checks, my guess is that it will be at least 2 months, maybe 3+ months, after medicals to actually get the visa.

Be thankful you have medical requests :) A large number of July, August and early September applicants are getting very frustrated because some Novermber applicants are now getting medical requests, and many of us early applicants have still heard nothing at all :(

Wayne.

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how can i go back to start member or somehting below champion....this is embarassing....i dont know about immigration as mush Qorax and few others know............

I m not a Chamption member..this is just the mechanics of this forum...........

ekram787

Star Member
Sep 30, 2010
Unknown
Category........
Visa Office......
None
App. Filed.......
None
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
None
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
None
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
None
Singapore VO wake up plz................

Regards,
ekram787

mateen

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
AOR Received.
16-2-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
30.3.2011 to warsaw
Cappuccino said:

Best wishes,
Wayne.
you are right wayne
but you were the only Admin that was online
thank you for updating
mateen

siamak1981

Dec 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
NOC Code......