+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
You have already been refused and you need to leave. You cannot keep sending extension applications and going on implied status. That's not how it works.

Mac1000

Feb 9, 2019
I was never on implied.
My last visitor visa went until April 12th.
I applied for an extension in December not knowing that you don't apply that early. But my visitor visa had not run out then and wasn't going to run out till April 12th.
I have not been on implied at all.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
You still jave a valid status so you have not yet overstayed, but you should leave before or on the day your status expires.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
What reasons did you give for your extension?

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I was never on implied.
My last visitor visa went until April 12th.
I applied for an extension in December not knowing that you don't apply that early. But my visitor visa had not run out then and wasn't going to run out till April 12th.
I have not been on implied at all.
When did you first arrive?

What are your reasons to extend your stay?

Mac1000

Feb 9, 2019
I have never been in vacation and have been saving up for this trip for 25 years.
I wanted to tour Canada, which I still am. I know I will have to return home and return to work but I was hoping to travel a bit longer before going back home as this vacation has been long overdue and I am visiting friends along the way.
I first arrived 12 months ago.
I realize it's a long visit but I have not been anywhere, ever.
I was hoping for 6 more months until I returned back home for good.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I have never been in vacation and have been saving up for this trip for 25 years.
I wanted to tour Canada, which I still am. I know I will have to return home and return to work but I was hoping to travel a bit longer before going back home as this vacation has been long overdue and I am visiting friends along the way.
This was the second time you applied to extend your stay right? 12 months is pretty long yeah for a visitor. May be you can use this as a chance to tour other places before you go back to work, and probably visit Canada in a year.

Last edited:

Mac1000

Feb 9, 2019
I am visiting. I have no intentions of staying here as I have obligations back home.
But I have saved up money for many years to tour across this country as I have made friends in this country online.
So, am I not allowed to try for another extension or not?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
IRCC probably has concerns about how you are paying to support your extended stay. It might even seem like you are working illegally.

1.5 years to tour around is far too long and not expected from a visitor.

I would advise you to return to your home country ASAP. Don't send in another application to extend your stay. It will result in a refusal again.

You should remain in your home country for at least one year before you attempt to re-enter Canada

Mac1000

Feb 9, 2019
I am paying my way by money I have saved up for a long long time and I am also staying with friends along the way.
I have a great job back home and I never needed to work illegally anywhere.
Why can't I send in another application just to see what they say?
I mean, if worst comes to worst I will have to leave in a months time if they say no, so what harm is there in it?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I am visiting. I have no intentions of staying here as I have obligations back home.
But I have saved up money for many years to tour across this country as I have made friends in this country online.
So, am I not allowed to try for another extension or not?
That is entirely up to you I suppose. You can decode to apply or not to. That does not mean you will be approved. On that note, should you decide to apply you need to consider the reason for refusal ( as per the letter and not what you assume). You should put it in mind that you might be refused on the same grounds, and might risk getting a deportation order (you have already been asked to leave)

Mac1000

Feb 9, 2019
I am guessing that if I were deported that it would make it a lot harder to get back into the country if I ever do decide to come back again?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am paying my way by money I have saved up for a long long time and I am also staying with friends along the way.
I have a great job back home and I never needed to work illegally anywhere.
Why can't I send in another application just to see what they say?
I mean, if worst comes to worst I will have to leave in a months time if they say no, so what harm is there in it?
This time around, you might not be on implied status for a few months. Your next refusal might come in pretty quickly

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Almost impossible. And, it will affect your chances of getting visas to most countries
This. If you are deported from Canada, getting visas to practically any country in the future will become very very difficult.